• Published 20th Mar 2013
  • 2,537 Views, 85 Comments

Special Delivery for a Special Somepony. - Onyxfire408



A 2nd person story fic, you yell at an innocent mailmare for just one mistake. After some time you apologize to the mailmare and realize that you have special feelings for her, will she have the same feeling for you?

  • ...
7
 85
 2,537

Chapter 4

Chapter 4
Be Brave....or Not

You walk down the streets of Ponyville as you arrive at Derpy's house, after chugging down the rest of the joe and burning your throat for a brief moment you shake it off and knock on the Mailmare's door. Within a minute the door opens as you find Derpy with her mail uniform on. "Oh it's you, come in I have a surprise for you." You nod as you walk inside, you heard a slight soft snore coming for upstiars.

"Doesn't Dinky have school today?"

"Today is Saturday." She said as you facehoofed causing the mare the giggle at your embarrassment. "Guess somepony woke up on the wrong side of the bed."

"Yea, well I didn't really sleep at all."

"What? Why?" She exclaims in surprise.

"Well first of all I work as the lantern adjuster, I turn on and off the lanterns around Ponyville. When I have to turn them off I have to wake up at like 5 am since there's so many lanterns. And so today The Doctor wanted to see me after I finish and so he basically uhh..... showed me some cool stuff which kept me up." You avert the past as you focus on the present.

"Huh that's strange, he usually doesn't let strangers inside the TARDIS."

"Is that the name of the blue box he lives in?"

"Yep, but if you're tired you should get some sleep." She offered in a worried tone.

"What? No I gotta-" You were interrupted as a hand was placed on your lips, little did you know that a small beat hit the inside of you're chest like a drum.

"I order you to sleep." She commanded as you gave a long defeated sigh as you stare at the mare. "You can sleep at my place until you get back on your feet, when you finish do you mind going with Dinky, she want's to go to her club but I don't want her to go alone."

"Sure, I'll just sleep on the couch here and-"

"N-No, you can sleep on my bed, my treat." She pleaded as a faint shade of pink shrouded her cheeks.

"No I can-"

"No I insist, you'll need a healthy back if you're gonna be my servant." She persuaded as you nod and head upstairs, you walk into her room and to your surprise you find The Doctor lying down on her bed.

"D-Doctor?"

"Shhhh." That suddenly forced your mouth to stay silent. "Now don't scream my name and we'll be crystal." You gave a small nod. He gives a small shush as your mouth is suddenly free from what ever Faust could see or hear.

"Well Doctor I've been wondering, that pony who uh...abused Derpy, did he serve his time?"

The Doctor stood up from the bed as he gave a grieving sigh. "No, he's not. He's been on the run since then and neither I or Sexy couldn't find him."

"That reminds me, who are you?"

The Doctor gave an annoyed groan as he face palmed and dragged his hand down his face."I already told you, I'm a time-"

"No, I mean are you really a pony? Or some sort of alien?"

"Oh, well yes. You could say that I'm an alien." He said in a calm tone. You widen your eyes in surprise and shock as you just found sompony who looks completely human....but is an alien.

"Okay, I want to freak out but I don't know if I should." The Doctor took out his metal stick as he waved a green light around you.

"Hmmm, I know." He reached into his pocket as he pulled out a small tablet. "Here's a tabeek, helps soothe the mind." He said as he offered the tablet.

You slowly push his hand away as you give him a "Uhh.... I'm good. So back to the point, why are you here? And in Derpy's house?" You ask in confusion.

"I wanted to give you something." He said as he reached into his pocket and pulled out a massive book. You slightly jump back as you saw him take out a large book, from a tiny pocket.

"H-How did you-"

"It's bigger on the inside, now come and look at these photos." You slowly follow as The Doctor shows you multiple photos of Derpy and himself on weird backgrounds and strange creatures. "And these are the adventures we had together. Boy it was brilliant!" He exclaimed as he slammed the book shut and placed it back in his tiny pocket.

"Aaaaand what's the point in this exactly?"

"Fun." He simply said as he opened Derpy's window and jumped off.

You were shocked as if this stallion was committing suicide, oh wait... he was. "DOCTOR!!!" You scream as you run towards the window and look outside to find no trace of him, he had completely disappeared. "Where's he gone off to now?" You shrug as you release a massive yawn and slump down on Derpy's bed, you swiftly drift to sleep as you were in your own world now.


*poke poke poke*

You felt a disturbing touch as you were fast asleep, you ignore it and continue with your slumber. The last thing that you need was no sleep.

*poke poke poke*

There it was again, who was doing that, can't they see that you were sleeping? You continue to ignore it as you heard a slight peak of voice as it called out to your name. Your eyes crack open as you stare at Derpy's alarm clock, the time read 9 o'clock A.M., wait a minute, 9 A.M.? You slowly open your eyes as you continue to feeling a slight disturbance on your coat.

"Are you dead?" You recognize the voice as you turn your head to find Dinky in her pajamas and with a confused expression on her face. "Uh.... mister, are you dead?" You shot open your eyes and you spring up from the bed sitting up and staring at the confused filly.

"Oh it's only you Dinky, sorry I was just taking a nap on your mom's bed."

"What are you doing here? And why were you sleeping in mommy's bed?"

"Well I couldn't sleep and when I got here she offered me her bed. She told me to take you to your clubhouse." You said as the filly sprung up with glee and ran down the stairs in joy.

"Yaaaaaaay, Cutie Mark Crusaders!!!" She screamed as she went into her room and came out with a red cape. "Let's go, Let's go cmooooon let's go!" She pouted as she held on to your leg like glue. You give a small chuckle as you hold the filly's hand and walk her to her club, or in this case she drags you through Ponyville. She drags you to the well known Sweet Apple Acres as she drags you through the orchards. On your way there you found the well known Applejack picking nearby trees, she pauses at the sight of you and walks up for a talk.

"Wah howdy, Ah haven't seen ya in a while."

"Well same goes to you Applejack, sorry for the trouble but Derpy wanted me to drop of Dinky at her friend's clubhouse."

"Wah that's mighty nice of ya, wah ya doing this for Derpy though?"

"Well I kinda owe her a dept, so I'm basically her servant." You confessed in a sheepish grin.

"Well Ah respect your decision, just look out for her okay?"

"Aight, late Applejack." You said as you waved at the cowmare and continued walking through the fields with Dinky. As the two of you reach the club house, three other fillies popped their heads out of the window and cheered in grace.

"Dinks!" The white unicorn said in glee

"Dinky!" The yellow earth pony cheered

"Eyyyyyy Dink." The orange pegasus eyyyed.

Dinky lets go of your hand as the three fillies unveil a small ladder for Dinky to climb up on. As she climbed up she waved towards you and screams at the top of your lungs. "Mister I can take care of myself here. Thank you for taking me here. See you later at home." She thanked as you nod and simply wave to her as you walk away from their little club.

Alight, now where should I go? I got nothing else to do and- You pause for a moment as you found The Doctor running past you with a worried expression. As he runs a few feat past you, he stops and looks at you in surprise.

"You! Follow me I need your help now!" He pleaded.

"Wait Doctor I-" Too late, he made the decision for you as he grabbed you by the shirt and dragged you down the road. He used your shoes as breaks as you and The Doctor pause. "Doctor, what is going on?"

"No time, I need to find a good way to unlock a door without using my screw driver!"

"Wait, that thing was a screw driver? Looks for like a probe."

The Doctor let out a small groan in annoyance as he dragged his hand across his face. "No it's a screw driver, now help me!"

"Aight aight, I can help. I am good at lock picking."

"Alright follow me!" You nod as the doctor leads you towards the dark terror landscape known as the Everfree Forest. He guides you through the dark forest as he leads you to a wooden log house. You start to become confused as the only resident in the forest was Zecora, but this wasn't her home, it's somepony else's home. The Doctor leads you to the wooden house as he gestures a hand for you to open the door, but you look at him in confusion. "What?"

"Okay, first tell me why you need to go inside this house. Second, tell me why your probe-"

"Screwdriver." The Doctor corrected in a annoyed tone.

"screwdriver, can't open this door." You command.

"Okay one, is because there's a distress signal coming from this house. And two, my screwdriver doesn't work on wood or anything organic. And three, the lock is made of wood, which is strange..." He explains as he pulled out his 'screwdriver' and flashes it over the door, nothing happened as he tried to open it but couldn't budge.

You walk over to the lock as you pull out your picks from your pocket. "Alright lemme try." You gently place your picks in the keyhole as you slowly move the lock as you hear a click, the one you want. You turn the knob as you and The Doctor find a completely empty room with a wooden pony statue standing in the middle. "Uh.... Doctor, what is this place?"

The doctor walked towards the statue as he gently pressed his fingers on it and slowly brush his fingers across the wood. "No. Not again, not in this world." The Doctor fears as he started to knock on the statues head causing you to become more confused. "Yes hello? Yes I can take you to a better home if you are in need of a new one, no need to fear me. I've done this before." The statue's head slowly moved and creaked as it nodded at The Doctor.

"GAAHHH!!! That thing just moved! What the moon is that!?!?" You exclaim in fear as you point at the living statue.

"No need to worry, I got this from here. You can go see Derpy now, she is home right now and she looks bored." The doctor states with a calm smile.

"How do you know she's home?"

"I know time, now go and don't turn back." He warns in a stern tone as you nod timidly and run like a filly back to Ponyville, geesh when are you this wimpy? As you reach Ponyville in relief you walk towards to Derpy's house as The Doctor instructed.

Why am I going back to her house again?

Because you liiiiiike her, ha ha ha

Okay I don't like like her, I just like her as a friend.

Sure you do.

Shut up, I'm just going to her place to help her in anything she needs any help.

Yea yea, help her in bed.

SHUT THE BUCK UP!!! You screamed to your devil as you reached Derpy's house. You approach the door as you knock on it seeing if she was home.

*knock knock knock*

No answer

*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK*

Nothing

*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK*

Close but no cigar. You drop your head in disappointing as you turn around to find the exact mare you were looking for. "Oh Derpy, there you are."

"Oh hey you, good thing I found you. I actually really need help."

"Whatchu need help with?"

"I need help to clean the house, I have a guest coming soon."

"Ohhhh somepony I know?"

"It's a surprise." She said in a warm smile as she pulls out a key from her pocket and unlocks the front door. The two of you enter to see that the house spotless. The two of you both had surprised looks as you could see your own reflection on the wooden floor.

"Uh...Derpy, who did this?" You ask in confusion.

"I think it was The Doctor. Well then, I guess we just wait for my friend to get here." She said with a slight giggle as she sat down on the couch, she patted her hand on the cusion making a 'come sit with me' gesture as you nod and sat next to her. You slightly feel a slight warmth slice across your cheeks as you sat a few inches away from the mare.

"So who is this pony you're waiting for?" You ask in a friendly smile

The pegasus lowers her head in shame as she let out a heavy sigh. "I'm sorry I haven't been truthful to you. This pony I'm meeting was-" she stops as you both hear a knocking from the door.

"waaaaaas?"

"Waaaas um..... Lemme get the door." She averted as a massive blush strikes her face causing her face to become pink like a cherry blossom. She opened the door to find Dinky standing outside with bawling out as she buried her face on her mother's chest. "D-Dinky what happened!?!?" The mother asks in a worried expression.

"Some mean stallion came over and stole Scootaloo's scooter. I tried to defend her but he threw a rock at me and made off with the scooter." She explains through tears as she continued to cry. You stood up from the couch as you grab Dinky's face and make her face towards you.

"Dinky focus on me, what did this stallion look like and where did he go?" You interrogate in a stern tone.

"I *sniff* I don't know, I think I saw him head towards the rotten cider bar." She describes as Derpy hugged her daughter closer. You stood up in a calm anger as you simply walk out towards the bar.

"Now you bucked up."