• Published 21st Aug 2013
  • 3,819 Views, 66 Comments

Mordekaiser Recalls to Equestria - Dleifragcat



Mordekaiser, an unstoppable League of Legends Champion has his recall spell glitched and is sent to Equestria. As the Master of Metal he finds his experiance less than enjoyable and wants to go back home to bring pain and suffering to his enemies.

  • ...
4
 66
 3,819

Chapter 7: Desolation

Meanwhile, mere minutes before Mordekaiser had even stepped into the city of Canterlot, Twilight Sparkle and the rest of her friends had made it from their train ride to seek Princess Celestia and Princess Luna before everything would go downhill.

The six were escorted by a member of the royal guard to the throne room inside Canterlot Castle where they waiting eagerly yet patiently for Celestia and Luna to finish whatever business they had to do prior to seeing them.

“Don’t these ponies understand!? It’s an EMERGANCY!” Pinkie shouted while flailing her hoofs towards Twilight and her friends.

“We can’t rush the princesses, even if they’re possibly in danger… this is bad I wish they’re done with whatever they’re doing soon!” Twilight started to panic.

Just as soon as she finished that sentence the royal sisters stepped out from a room and trotted towards their direction.

They seemingly didn’t have a care in the world.


“We told you that we can crush you in one verses one, dear sister!” Princess Luna laughed in triumph.

“Well of course you would’ve won since I don’t play that game too often.”

“Then we request a rematch for a later day!”

“Of course dear sister,” Celestia smiled at her and turned her attention to the six ponies with nervous and uncomfortable expressions on their faces. “My little ponies, so good to see you all again, but your expressions say otherwise. Could you tell us what—”

Before she could even finish the six ponies burst out into a riot of frantic shouts.

“Well, you see there was this guy--” Rainbow Dash started.

Pinkie’s head interjected, “Like a really really big guy!”

“Covered in dreadful spiked armor—“ Rarity got in.

“SPIKES!” Pinkie shouted.

“An’ his name is Mordekaiser—“ Applejack tried to say.

“HE CARRIES A MACE; THEY BOTH START WITH THE LETTER M!”

“Pinkie, will you just shut--“ Twilight tried to yell her down but it was pointless for Pinkie intervened again.



“AND HE’S COMING HERE SO HE CAN KICK YOUR FLANKS AND FORCE YOU TO RETURN HIM TO HIS HOME WHERE HE WILL KICK EVEN MORE FLANKS!”



Suddenly everything went quiet, the five friends were bewildered, the guard ponies were in awe, and the royal sisters were shocked. Only Luna was able to say something aside to her sister.

“I don’t want my flank to get kicked,” she whispered.






“I don’t even know what’s going on, but let me try to piece everything together, sister,” Celestia quietly reassured her.

With her eyes back to the sheepish-looking ponies and the winded pink one recovering from hyperventilation, she tried to assemble what they all just said. “I’m not sure what’s happening, yet this is a great concern to us all. You are all telling me that there is this creature named… Mordekaiser?”

The ponies all nodded their heads. “And that he is well armed and armored, and he wants to—” Celestia cleared her throat, “’Kick our flanks’ so it can go home? You all must realize that’s almost no information for us to go on, do any of you know why it wants to do this?”


“Apparently, Mordekaiser really hates this world. He doesn’t belong here he said, and that he wanted to return home as soon as possible. We tried to make him wait but I have a feeling he got tired of us and he went on a rampage after…” Twilight tried to continue but couldn’t.

“After what?” Celestia’s gaze hardened causing the purple unicorn to cry out quietly under her breath.

“After… we told him you might be able to help him get back to his home.”

Silence engulfed the throne room, Celestia and Luna looked at each other before turning their heads back to the bewildered ponies. They burst into laughter.


“REALLY TWILIGHT SPARKLE!? That’s the most hilarious thing I ever heard!” Celestia laughed, “Of course we can send him back! I’m sure all of this is just a simple misunderstanding. If this, Mordekaiser is running around in a suit of armor carrying a mace I’m sure we can pacify him from a safe distance away and send him back to his own world! Oh Twilight Sparkle, you and your friends give us the most fascinating stories!”

“Bu-but… Celestia. He’s really powerful, it’s unlike anything anypony has ever seen! He uses other’s pain as his secret weapon!”

They weren’t listening to her and continued to laugh, even Princess Luna of the Night fell onto her back trying to suppress the unavoidable laughter which they couldn’t control. Twilight and her friends were absolutely horrified; they never imagined their Princesses, their Equestrian rulers and protectors, would treat this issue as some sort of joke.

As much as Twilight would have loved to stand up for herself and shout at those two to act their age, she couldn’t. It would be stepping out of line and she doesn’t think shouting at them would be enough anyways. She needed something big, something like a crashing miracle.



In a split second after she made that thought, a royal captain crashed through a nearby window.

“AAAAAAAHHH!” he shouted at blistering speeds as he flew high above everypony, catching the princesses’ attention before finally crashing his head through a wall. His body hangs there; a trail of rainbows continues to flow out from behind him.

“Was… was that a Sonic Rainboom?” Rainbow Dash said with a confused expression witnessing the captain trying to pull his head out from the wall with his hooves but failed.

“Ow… my butt,” he mumbled through the wall before falling unconscious, the rainbow colours now leaking out at a steady stream from his flank.

Now realizing the gravity of their situation the Princesses tightened up and got back to their old diplomatic selves. Celestia looked towards the pony and shouted, “What is the meaning of this!?”

Twilight got a closer look to the pony and turned her head back to the group, with a gulp she said, “Th-this captain… isn’t even a Pegasus.”


All their mouths went agape, it was almost impossible to get a sonic rainboom from a non-pegasus pony. Almost.

Twilight suddenly realized who might have the strength to give that Royal Captain a trail of rainbows.

“Oh, Bu—“

This time a royal guard crashed through a window, and everypony could hear a menacing laugh echoing through the halls of the castle.



---------------------------------------------



HUE HUE HUE! I did not realize just how fun it was to dive an enemy base! This takes me back to my days as a general razing the lands and demoralizing any who opposed me!” he laughed some more reveling in his handiwork of chucking more guard ponies out of his way, the one that landed through the window at the end of the entrance hallway was his favourite so far.


The spectral apparition of Sombra had enshrouded some guards in his smoky mist to render them unconscious. He turned his head towards Mordekaiser; even though he was enslaved to his master he did find Mordekaiser’s enjoyment of causing pain and suffering to be a substantial bonus. In fact, he reveled in it.

Once the entrance had been cleared of guards either by throwing them, slamming them with a giant mace, or just downright scaring those into unconsciousness, Mordekaiser aimed his arm towards the source of energy down the long hallway, he could feel the pounding of magic potential against the other side of the double doors.


“Go my Spectral Equine, tear down that WALL!”


Then again, Sombra realized why he hated being this buffoon’s slave. How is he even going to tear a wall down if he couldn’t even hold onto Mordekaiser’s mace? The curse of being a spirit is that he can’t interact with any physical objects, minus those guard ponies he made unconscious but that was just his own ‘dark tyrant of ghostly terror haunting’ technically he’s lost all his physical power. So it makes sense immediately after being given that order he made a snarl towards his master.

“What is it?” Mordekaiser replied with his arms crossed. “Are you disobeying me!?”

Sombra didn’t shake his head instead he went, “Grrr…”

“What?”

“Grraa… grrr… rah…”

“I don’t understand, I mean I know how to speak to the souls of the undead but all you’re trying to say is profound gibberish wrapped in a heavy accent. Fool, what is it you are trying to say! SPEAK CLEARLY!” his voice boomed.

The king quietly floated down the hallway towards a side door and pointed towards it with his ethereal forehoof, hoping that this metallic blockhead would get his hint. When Mordekaiser gave his a quizzical tilt of his head, Sombra facehoofed and was forced to make words.

“Ggrra… grrr… gank…”


Mordekaiser tried to sound out what his ghost slave just said, “A… gank? That's what you're blabbering on about? Hmmm…” he clanked his armored hands together into a form of a clap. “WONDERFUL! I knew that I was forgetting something essential! Those ponies will never know what hit them...” His gaze went over to Sombra’s, “You are somewhat better than my previous slaves… and surprisingly past my ultimate’s cool down. Hmmm… intriguing.”

Before Sombra could even snarl a remark he thought about it and determined that was probably going to be the only compliment his master would say to him. He’ll just take it and ignore everything else that’s an underlying insult.
Mordekaiser made it to the door and lifted his incredibly weighty boot to kick right through it.


----------------------------------


Meanwhile back at the throne room, Twilight was panicking like a mad filly amongst her friends while Celestia and Luna were trying to figure what was going on. The sounds they’ve heard beyond the door were brutal, but they couldn’t falter. They still had to instill some form of order to prevent anypony from panicking.

Except for Twilight.

Applejack was one who had the guts to swallow and ask, “Princess, should we do something?”

Celestia craned her neck and looked at the group of nervous ponies; Fluttershy’s hoof was running up and down Twilight’s mane trying to calm her. “I don’t believe we would be able to gather the Elements of Harmony in time. There’s nothing else we can do other than prepare for what’s to come.”

“Hey! I am not leaving any innocent guard ponies to get handled and thrown around by that creep!” Rainbow Dash shouted.

“And I say, if we charge into battle unprepared then that same fate shall befall us!” Princess Luna sounded back to her resulting Rainbow to huff in annoyance.
“My sister’s right. We’re dealing with an unknown foe. Who knows what other tricks it might have in its metallic sleeves other than what—” Celestia looked at Twilight’s panicked state and she could only clear her throat, “-- Ahem, Twilight has told us.”

“So what should we do? Barricade the doors?” Pinkie suggested.

“I really don’t know if that would hel—”

“BARRICADE THE DOORS!” Pinkie shouted in terror, as the pink blur of her outline dashed across the room shoving as much furniture as she could find to block the doorway.

“At least she’s dedicated,” Luna giggled.


Suddenly, a lingering thought in Celestia’s mind had arisen, “Oh my goodness…”

“What is it about your goodness, sister?” Luna asked. She realized the awkwardness of how she said that and a small blush came across her face and the faces of the other ponies. “I—I uh, we mean that…”


“It’s alright dear sister. I just remembered that our Discord was meeting with an emissary to talk about diplomatic relations. It's strange... I never heard about a place called, 'The Void.' I just hope he knows what he's doing.”


At that name, Twilight jumped to her hooves, all her past terry now gone only to have been replaced with confusion. “Discord’s a diplomat!?”

“Apparently, he is. And his friend seems to have a voracious appetite, I must’ve seen… around about twenty plates of tea and hors d'oeuvres.”

“My, that sounds like a feast!” Rarity said in awe.


“Indeed. I just hope that our intruder won’t kick down their door and barge in unannounced.”


------------------------------------------


Mordekaiser kicked down a door and barged in unannounced.


He was greeted by two figures sitting in red comfortable chairs, drinking cups of tea in front of a crisping fireplace while the walls of the room are lined by books. It might have just been a simple library for Mordekaiser, but the two figures added a certain air to it. A certain… gentleman aspect.

“I do say! Seems we have an uninvited guest!” said the figure in the left chair, a twisted creature made from parts of other twisted creatures. It was a chimera, and it was wearing a light-blue suit with a top hat. Its talon hand reached for the tea cup on its plate and gingerly took a sip.

“It seems we do, my friend Discord!” the figure said to the chimera from the right chair. A frightening sight of horror to say the least: its reddened body complexion was adorned with a dapper black and white suit, top hat, and a monocle.

Dinosaur-like feet, a pair of claw pincers on its back in the shape of scythes, wasn’t the most frightening of his features. There were horns on the sides of his head angled towards his maw full of sharpened raw teeth; pincers replacing arms, he holds his tea towards the metal intruder and his green eyes begin to glow as a vile laugh escapes from him.

Mordekaiser knew who he was and he was sure that creature knew him as well. He tightened his grip on his mace. How another champion of the league could have gotten here, he didn’t know. At least he knows what he’s going to do about it.

“Perhaps it’s another servant ready to refill your platter? You do happen to have a voracious appetite my dear Cho’gath. I recall that you've eaten 6 stacks of food as if it were nothing!” Discord said to the large terror with a laugh.



Who are you calling a servant… Mordekaiser thought grimly, his grip would have crushed stone.



“Ah, yes. Though now that I happen to adjust my monocle, I can see that…” This time the horrible creature of a thousand nightmares began to choke on his tea. He realized who the metal figure was at last.

And he was unquestionably scared.



With a roar, Mordekaiser charged against the gentlemanly-champion and toppled him from his chair as he began to wail his mace on Cho’gath. Grunts and shouts erupted from both of them as Mordekaiser brought down his mace in a sickening crunch. He lifted his arm to do it again and a pincer shot out to hold the mace against his grasp.

“I ought to bite your legs off!”

A red maw bit onto Mordekaiser’s mace arm; Cho’gath didn’t even care that the sharp metal he was biting on was ripping through his mouth like a sharp blade. He wasn’t able to bite through and was even more unable to let go of his vice-like grip.

“Let go of my arm so I can smash you into the ground, terror of the void!” Mordekaiser said to him. Seeing that Cho’gath wasn’t going to let go anytime soon, he took his other iron-metallic arm and rapidly punched the side of the beast’s head. “I don’t care if you are wearing a dress suit. Formality will not protect you!

A small loss in concentration was all he needed to bring his mace up from the creature’s teeth and smash it into its monocle.

“I WILL EAT YOU!” It shouted and began to gnaw on Mordekaiser’s arm. “Omnomnomnomnom!”

“TOO MUCH IRON MIGHT BE PAINFUL FOR YOUR SYSTEM!” he retorted back.

And they continued their struggle on the ground, repeatedly landing blows on one other.



During this scene of violent terror, Sombra floated up next to Discord who was still sipping his tea and enjoying the show in front of him.

“Sombra, my old friend! How glad of you to join us! I haven’t seen you in years, where have you been all this time?”

“Grr… heart.. graahh… crystals… darknesssssssss…….”


He took a sip from his cup, “I know what it feels like to be stuck inside something for more than a thousand years. It’s a really big pain in the neck from what I remember. At least I got out fine and--” he looked over to Sombra who was giving him a scowl that could scar a small child for life. “—you look a little… dead, by the way.”

“Grrr..rrrr…” Sombra points his spectral hoof towards the metal giant still smashing his mace.


“Ah, I see. Well, I certainly must say this is quite entertaining. Tea?”

Sombra wasn’t able to accept the tea. Discord kept holding the cup out in front of him with an inquisitive eye. He gave a blank look towards Discord before giving himself a ghostly facehoof.

“Suit yourself.”

It would be another five minutes of struggling fighting before the fight would be over. In the meantime, the two chatted away about their lives (as much as a dead king and a gentlemanly draconequus could), and quietly watched the one versus once.

It was quite pointless, yet entertaining nonetheless.


-----------------------------------------------


The large double doors of the throne room were a staggering 30 feet high and now it was completely covered by every single table, chair, lamp, and every other piece of furniture Pinkie could find. She was exhausted and with a squeak she fell to the ground, exhausted beyond belief.

“All… done…”

“Thank you Pinkie Pie,” Celestia said.

Something about seeing the over-barricaded door brought a sense of serenity among the small ponies.

Twilight sighed, having calmed herself, “Great, we’re safe for now and we can now come up with a plan—“

A loud crash came from the other side of a wall. The ponies intensified and many feelings in their guts dropped to their lowest points out of fear. This time they could hear a loud scuffle of voices on the other side. A moment later, the wall exploded as a giant red beast flung into the air, it sailed over their heads with a terrible yell from its great maw.

The Cho’gath sailed across the room and crashed through a window of Canterlot Castle to the outside, screaming in dread as it descended to the ground. That side of the castle was where the cliff separating Canterlot and the mountain it stood on. The screams eventually died out within the gusting wind.

Many of the small pastel-coloured ponies nearly fainted from such a sight of horror; the beast was gigantic and could have easily made anything in Equestria have a wet accident from the sheer size of its jaws. However, they weren’t scared because of how terrifying the creature was…

…but because they knew who might have the strength to throw him.


The dust cleared, and finally Celestia and Luna could see what Mordekaiser looked like. Indeed, the metal suit of armor stood there menacingly. Not only that, what stood next to him appeared to be some ghostly version of Sombra.

The other ponies were in shock after seeing Sombra. Twilight and Fluttershy in particular for having seen Mordekaiser’s past ghost servant of the Alpha Timberwolf from before. The fact that he could ensnare and command the Dark Tyrant’s ancient soul showed just how willing he was to see the princess at any cost.

The iron giant clad in sharp metallic armor took a few steps forward from the rubble, resting his mace casually on his shoulder. From his left hand he held a monocle. An open metallic palm turned slowly into a fist as it was gradually and easily crushed into mere pieces and glass dust.

The pieces drop from his hand and onto the floor; the sound echoed across the room. The dust did not remain on his hand casting a shining gleam of cuttingly refined metal. Finally allowed to speak and be heard by all without any more distractions, his voice broke through the deafening silence.


“What a fitting beginning to finally meet you at last… Celestia.”