• Published 17th Mar 2013
  • 2,636 Views, 31 Comments

Masks - Free2424



Trying to stop something that can make the moon crash into the earth is not as easy as it looks.

  • ...
12
 31
 2,636

Chapter 7 - Confusion

There is something wrong with me. I can feel something inside of myself reaching out, begging for escape, like its life depends on it. Not only that, but I've began to sleepwalk too. I must have wrote that message last night... Only Elizabeth and I were in the castle, and that script seems familiar to me.

But I shouldn't be writing this right now. I have to get ready to leave for the gryphon kingdom today. Liz is coming with me, too. I'm going to need her help to look into this golden egg. Something's been bothering me as of late about this whole situation, though. If that noble needs the egg, then why hasn't he hired some mercenaries to get it from those bandits? I feel as though he were waiting for me, no one else.

I can't think about it for too long, I need to go and get ready. I'll write after I get back.


That was it. The rest of the pages in the book were torn out violently, as if someone were furious with it's contents. He knew the rest of the story. Dalton got the last mask and was ambushed by the guards. He was brought to prison, and after a few days a rebellion broke out. Judith used the cover of the fighting to break Dalton out. Then he slew Majora by jamming an arrowhead into the beast's eye. However, he was mortally wounded and almost died right there.

The young boy traced his fingers over the remains of the pages sadly. Most of his answers were still out there, and the only way to get them were from the source...

Keaton.

It was impossible for Keaton to be roaming around, the boy thought, because the book revealed him to be none other than Dalton, the first human in Equestria. Dalton lived with the princesses, so there was no way for him to sneak out of the castle without them knowing about it. It was impossible for him to leave without the princesses noticing his absence for an entire day. If that were the case, then who was the one wearing Keaton's mask?

Who had saved the boy's life?

Who had given the boy the knowledge to wield a sword?

Who was Keaton?

The thing that aggravated the boy the most was that he now had more questions than answers... Who was Elizabeth? Why hadn't Dalton mention her before in his story? With a sigh, the boy placed the book down. He needed to go and confront Keaton. However, a flash of red from the pages caught his eye. He quickly flipped to the back of the book, and he found a message.

A chilling, horrifying message, that proposed an idea that he had never even considered to be possible. It was written in blood and hastily written.

A voice startled the boy, and he quickly slammed the book shut and threw it into his bag. Grabbing the bag, he ran out of the room and into the world with a new fire in his heart.

Something was wrong with Dalton, and he was going to find out the truth.