• Published 15th Jun 2013
  • 3,538 Views, 116 Comments

The Dragon War - Rarityfan87



Spike receives a letter from Princess Celestia summoning him to Canterlot with most urgency. As he's leaving to go to Canterlot, he's stopped by Rarity. Rarity is sad to see Spike leave, especially since she had a special message to tell hi

  • ...
13
 116
 3,538

Chapter 7: One Week

*One Year Later*

It is the one year anniversary of Twilight’s death. Spike, Rarity and the others were at the Canterlot burial grounds, paying their respects to Twilight. One by one, they placed a flower on her grave. Spike was still having a hard time letting go, Twilight was the closest thing he had to a mother. The others left, being busy with work, but Rarity stayed behind with Spike, comforting him. Spike could sit there all day, just being near her made him feel better. Unfortunately he knew he had to leave. He got up and left for Ponyville, accompanied by Rarity. Spike officially moved in with Rarity, and gave the library to the town of Ponyville. He kept all of Twilight’s possessions, unable to let them go. He also got ‘hired’ by Rarity, and she put his name under the ownership papers. Every day they worked on Rarity’s orders, like the good old days. Spike had arrived, using flying as his primary transportation now. He bent down, making it easier for Rarity to get off.

“Thank you for coming with me Rarity, it was important for me to ‘visit’ Twilight. I’m still having trouble letting it go, she was the closest thing I had to a real mother.”

“You’re welcome Spike. It must be hard Spike, just know I’ll always be there for you.” She said, giving him a passionate kiss.

“Thanks Rarity. Now what say we have a nice romantic dinner?”

“That sounds lovely Spike.”

They entered the Carousel Boutique. Spike started to get supper ready as Rarity hung up her clothes, and put on her most beautiful dress she made a while back. The dress was a beautiful royal red, covered in sparkles, diamonds surrounding each cuff. She wanted to impress Spike with it, but couldn’t find the right opportunity, until now. She put on her best perfume and her most expensive make up. She eventually made her way downstairs when she thought she looked her best. When she arrived, she was amazed at how Spike prepared the table. It was covered in her favourite purple table cover. Two fancily designed plates next to each other, her real gold utensils and a lovely scented candle, giving off a comforting smell. As Rarity was admiring the table, Spike came out with two lovely dishes, one for each.

“Rarity…” She left Spike speechless. She was the most beautiful thing he’s ever laid eyes on.

“Rarity, you are beautiful! You look perfect!” Spike said still in amazement of her beauty.

“Thank you Spike, I was hoping you’d like it.” Rarity said sensually.

“Like it? I love it! Where did you get it?”

“I made it, for you Spike. While you were busy or away, I was working on this.”

“Well, all I can say is… WOW!”

“I’m glad you love it, but I think we’d better eat supper before it gets cold.”

“You’re right, I hope you enjoy what I made.”

Before they started eating, they brought their seats closer. Rarity took the first bite.

“Oh Spike this is magnificent!”

“I’m glad you like it Rarity, I wanted it to be perfect.”

“Well it is perfect, and the decor you chose is brilliant.”

The two enjoyed their meal in the beautiful atmosphere Spike created.

“Oh Spike that was magnificent!”

“Thank you Rarity, please let me take care of those dishes for you.”

“What a gentledragon!”

Spike washed the dishes quickly, not wanting to keep Rarity waiting.

“So what are you in the mood to do Rarity?”

“I have an idea, follow me.” Rarity said seductively.

Spike followed Rarity upstairs and into the bedroom. That night, Spike lost his virginity.



*The next morning*


Spike and Rarity were busy getting caught up on their orders. Spike was constantly running back and forth, gathering the items Rarity requested. Spike felt like he was in an obstacle course. The floor was cluttered with random objects. At the same time, Rarity was busy sewing, threading the needles, and sewing on the machines. She was constantly changing thread colours, needing to match each dress. They made a lot of progress that day, they finished half the orders. As they were about to close the shop and get ready for supper, there was a knock at the door.

“I’ll get it Rarity.”

Spike made his way to the door. He wasn’t happy to see who was on the other side.

“Well, well, well Spike it’s been a while. We had trouble finding you, but we finally saw you flying back from Canterlot yesterday. Enough about me, how’s your girlfriend doing?”

“That’s none of your business! Did you come here for a good reason? Because if not, then there’s no reason to chat.”

“Hey no need to be rude, I just came here to pass a message.”

“What is it?”

“Well, the dragons have voted that they would like to introduce you to the new leader. He wants to get to know you very well. Meet us by in the Everfree forest, at the entrance of the dragon lands, one week from now at midnight. Oh and tell anypony, and kiss you, your girlfriend and your town goodbye.” The dragon flew away.

“Who was that Spike?”

“It was the dragon who murdered Twilight.”

“What!? What did he want?” Rarity asked worried.

“They have a new leader, and he’s eager to meet me.”

“We need to tell somepony!”

“We can’t. If we do, they’ll kill us and the whole town.”

“Well what can we do?

“All we can do is enjoy each other until then. Hopefully I’ll return from there.”

“Don’t say that Spike! I know you’ll make it back safely!”

“Well we have one week.”

Spike and Rarity spent as much as they could together that week. She did her best to plan something new every day. Either trying the game of golf, trying some new food, going to restaurants they always wanted to try, enjoy each other’s company. Spike made sure he took the time to visit with all his friends. He wished he could tell them what was going to occur, but he didn’t want them to die because he didn’t listen to the instructions the dragon gave him. In the end, it was the best week of their life. It was now time though, it was ten to midnight, and it was time to make his way there.

“Wish me luck Rarity.”

“Good luck Spike.” They gave each other a passionate kiss.

Spike made his way towards the spot they were going to meet. Rarity sneakily followed from behind. She was only able to watch from a distance close enough to be able to see Spike and the dragon king. Spike arrived and joined the circle of dragons.

“Ah Spike, you’re here. Please step forward.” Spike took a few steps forward. Rarity moved a little, making sure Spike was always in line of view. She used a spell to amplify the area, wanting to hear what they were saying.

“Well Spike, how have things been?

“Crappy, having to be with you guys again.”

“Oh Spike you’re such a comedian.”

“Look what’s the reason you wanted to summon me?”

“Well Spike, you killed our leader, and we can’t just let that go. It’s only fair we kill you as well.” Spike could feel his arms and legs being tied together by rope.

“But before we finish you off, is there one last question you would like to ask us?”

“Actually yes I do. Where did I come from, and what happened to my egg?”


Song.


“Ah so you do care. Well for one thing, we are at the exact location where your egg was found. Now it all began eighteen years ago, a unicorn made their way into a dragon cave. Your parents’ cave. He picked up the egg, probably thinking he would get a good amount of money for it. As he was getting ready to leave, your parents’ came back. He ran as fast as possible, hoping to get a head start. As he arrived at this location, he dropped the egg, wanting to distract the dragons long enough for the unicorn to kill them with their magic. So in other words, one of the ponies you love, murdered your parents. The one you call ‘Princess Celestia’, came by and picked up the egg that the unicorn dropped and brought it home with her.” Spike saw some pony mane on the floor, he carefully picked it up, making sure the dragons didn’t notice. He held it in his hands, knowing it was a clue to who was causing all of this.

“So you mean my parents were… murdered!”

“That’s right Spike. Now the reason we told your friends it was ten years, was because that was the only occurrence. For some reason, that unicorn came back, ten years ago. Since then we’ve had multiple loses, and we couldn’t let that happen, so we gave you guys the chance to hand that unicorn over. We received nothing, so we declared war, unless the unicorn was brought forward.”

“Well Spike we answered your question. You know what time it is… we’re just returning the favour.”

The dragon king slit Spike’s throat.

“Leave his body here, the ponies will find it, let’s leave before they do.”

All the dragons took off. The only pony left was Rarity, she ran up as fast as she could towards Spike. She grabbed his arm with her magic and wrapped it around her, all she wanted was to be comforted by Spike. She couldn’t believe what happened. She just stayed there, wrapped in his arm, crying, unable to speak. She laid there, falling asleep in his embrace. She woke up a few hours later. She mustered all the strength she had and used her magic to carry him over to the Boutique. She placed him on the side and used her magic to dig a small grave for him. She finished, and as she was placing his body in there, she noticed something in his hand. She grabbed and held it in her hoof. She continued until he was completely in.

“Good bye Spike, the best dragon a pony could have in their lives. I will never love some pony else as much as you. I will see you one day Spike, until then… I’ll always remember our times together.” Rarity finished burying him and walked inside the Boutique. She placed the item from Spike on the table and examined it.

“That mane colour…” Rarity realized who it belonged to.

“Oh mark my words, that unicorn will pay, and I won’t let it off easily… He will suffer!”

Author's Note:

Well ladies and gentlemen, that was "The Dragon War", I hope you enjoyed it! :pinkiehappy:

Now you probably noticed it isn't a complete story... well that's because I have a sequel planned. If enough people vote that they want to see the sequel, than I will make it. Just let me know in the comments if you want it.

Thanks for reading "The Dragon War", and again, I hope you enjoyed it.

See you in other stories!

Sincerely,

Patrick, (a.k.a. Rarityfan87)