• Published 15th Mar 2013
  • 1,611 Views, 106 Comments

Excalibur and the Zerg - Disciple of Chrysalis

  • ...
14
 106
 1,611

Chapter 8: Raynor's Raiders

Some amount of time had passed since Excalibur had joined the Queen's 'crew' and it was extreme suffering, he was starving, these creatures were non-sentient and that means no emotion, no love. He lay face down on the strange, throbbing ground of the Queen's Leviathan, he heard everyone else speaking, but nothing stood out in the conversation the intrigued him, like their arrival at is home. "Get up you little insect" Zagara growled, in a way that made Excalibur think she was speaking to him, Excalibur raised his head, but kept his eyes closed "Technically, we're all insects" he said and dropped his head back into the soft ground.

The Queen groaned and a quick glance up showed she put her head in her hand "Excalibur look, we're going to meet some allies and discuss, all of us and you will be expected to behave decently" The Queen said, her tone betraying her irritation. Excalibur climbed onto his feet, they were shaky "How do you expect me to act civil, when I haven't eaten for days?" he asked with as much sass as he could muster. "It's not our fault you've refused to eat anything" she said

"And it's not my fault you haven't fed me anything I can eat"

"Then what do you eat?"

"Nothing you could offer"

The Queen growled at Excalibur and raised her hand as if to strike him, but she turned, lowering her hand and turning it into a fist. "Just, behave yourself" she said and now everyone was silent and went about their bushiness, Excalibur's stomach growled loudly, he groaned in a strange, disgusting harmony with it "Just a little compassion would go a hell of a long way" he muttered and trekked away from the group and deeper into the leviathan. The zerg growled at him as he passed, most likely sensing the anger of their Queen, but he eventually arrived at a place entirely Zerg-free, it was deep inside the leviathan and used often, it was the pod center, where the Zerg piled into their weird pods and crashed into a planet.

"My Queen, I'll be home soon and hopefully these beasts will be willing to create some sort of alliance" he muttered to himself, head hung low. "I wish I could be like you in this type of situation, regal, never gives into the constant jibs, and most of all, your amazing ability at deceit, these creatures have no love for each other, but you, you could get them to love you and feed forever" he said, he was speaking as if Queen Chrysalis was actually there, but Excalibur was fairly certain she wouldn't be in the dark depths of space.

Excalibur heard movement behind him and he turned quickly to spot the Queen, watching him from the shadows "Why do you want?" he said, his voice a cross between a growl and sob. "I followed you to make sure you did nothing foolish in your hunger deprived state and what did you mean by love and feeding?" she asked, stepping forward and standing before the shapeshifter. "My people, we feed off love" he said, his eyes down cast, unable to look up at the Queen, "As in, the pheromone given off during intercourse?" she asked, plainly unable to grasp the simple concept. "No, thats sick, the emotion of love, thats why we shapeshift" he said through gritted teeth, remembering childish pranks involving wastes of the precious food that the Changeling empire was being starved of.

"Quite the interesting tactic, evolution has surprised me many of times in my life time" she said, looking down at the creature below, lost in memory. "Why don't you tell me about your people" The Queen said and from the ground appeared a chair that only a two legged creature could sit in. Excalibur looked at her as she sat down in the flesh throne "There isn't much to tell, we are a dying nation, there is currently a massive food shortage and we lost the war with on of our rival empires, who's rulers just so happen to basically be gods" he said, looking towards a Zergling with a broken tusk that curled at a the Queen's feet.

"Well I heard what you said about an alliance between us and if you promise me that your people will never be a problem for us, help me take the power of these god-like rulers, and give me the a bit of your lots power of shapeshifting, then we'll form that alliance and help your nation expand into the universe" she said, extending a claw towards him in a gesture that e assumed meant someone making a deal and truthfully, this deal sounded to good to be true. "S- sure" he stammered and thrust his hoof forward into her claw, shaking it vigorously.

"Well then, that settles that" she said and let go of his hoof "And will you promise to act civil when we meet our allies?", Excalibur nodded, already thinking of the good news he would bare for his Queen. "Good then, I warn you though, they can be a bit of a rowdy bunch" she said and picked up the changeling, holding him under her arm like luggage "Speaking of which, its time" she said and she walked them through the various chambers of the leviathan and towards the main chamber they generally congregated in.

She put down Excalibur and she watched the middle of the chamber when a green light and a face appeared from the floor and it was very startling to Excalibur, so startling that he hid behind Zagara, who gave him a dirty scowl. A green head floated in the middle of the chamber, it was masculine compared to Izsha's and The Queen's so he concluded it was male. He had a scruffy beard and shaggy hair and he looked to have a scar or two. "Hey there little lady" he said to The Queen, his face rather compassionate to her "Hello Jim" she said, a smile forming on her lips and Excalibur felt waves of warm and positive energy blast off of her.

"Well the docking bay should arrive any minute now so we'll be able to see each other soon enough, you and your-" he coughed "Friends" he said it, forcing himself to sound nice, but Excalibur knew when something said was something false, and that was false. The head disappeared from the center of the room and there was a loud slam from outside, the flaps separating them from outside began to move and Excalibur took a deep breath because if his space voyage had taught him anything, it was that there was no air out there. The flaps were gone in a second, but instead of cold space outside, he saw a long metal tube the reached far outward into the distance.

Ecalibur exhaled and stepped out from behind Zagara, the hall was lite by small little glass lanterns inside of small pockets in the ceiling. "Well, lets go" The Queen said and led the lot of them through the near endless tube and to the other side, there was a large metal door and it opened automatically as The Queen, Dehaka, Zagara, and himself approached. Inside we're so many 'Terrans' as Metamorpha had called them, some in their ridiculous armor, but some wore plain clothing, like a pony would wear to an event. "Hello Sarah" the one named Jim said, he was now a full body with the color other then green.

His skin was a tan-ish color and his shaggy hair and beard were black-brown, he had bulky gloves on each hand, a pair of dark blue pants, a plain white shirt, and a vest covered in an assortment of, what appeared and smelled to be weapons. "Well, either i've been off world longer then I thought, or dogs are getting creepier" Jim said, his eyes directly upon Excalibur, who just growled in response "What kind of infesting has your lot been up to, to produce that" he said, laughing at his apparent joke. "I'm no product of infestation, I'm alien to both groups here" Excalibur said and Jim just looked at him "It talks too" he exclaimed. "Jim, were not here for you to mock an ambassador, were here to talk business" The Queen said and pulled up a chair, sitting down. And so began the boring speak that Excalibur tuned out, because space travel was still an unknown for him and was still very confusing.