• Published 9th Mar 2013
  • 2,764 Views, 76 Comments

Resistance of steel - Valsion



The mane six, Spike and Luna need to travel to another dimension to hide Luna from malicious gods that wish to see her demise. To help them defend themselves, they are gifted with powerful machines. A Super Robot Wars crossover.

  • ...
5
 76
 2,764

The king of braves

Resistance of steel

Chapter 5: King of Braves

Eight years ago, before the Britannian Empire conquered Japan, the organization GGG was focused on space exploration rather than defense and Guy Shishio, the son of their top science officer Leo Shishio, was sent to their first manned space flight during winter. Everything went well and GGG could bring good news from their first venture into space but an unknown object fell towards Earth and Guy was in the unfortunate position, to be in its path.

Normally he should be dead after the comet destroyed the shuttle, leaving Guy to drift in space but another object appeared. It was a machine, shaped like a lion, that took him with it down to earth, where he was returned to GGG. The injuries he sustained were grave and most of his body had to be replaced by machines, turning him into the first cyborg on Earth.

What they did not know yet was, that the lion machine had another passenger with it, a baby.

Isamu and Ai Amami were driving through the snow. Both of them wished for a child but until that fateful day, they had no such luck. As they were driving, Ai was wishing upon the stars, that they may be blessed with a child. A wish that would soon be fulfilled.

Suddenly, something was approaching them from the front, large and menacing. Isamu couldn't get a good look, before the snow that was shoveled right at them forced them to a halt. The force of the impact, knocked the couple out of their car, letting them fall down on the soft snow. As they laid there, a feral growling sound came from right in front of them. They both looked at the source of the noise and were horrified to see a large, metal lion staring down at them.

Isamu wanted to run for his life, as he saw the lion staring down at them but his wife Ai held him in place. There was this strange feeling, that the lion wanted to give them something. Indeed it bend it's forelegs down, until it's chin rested on the snow and it opened it's mouth. Inside of it, there was a baby boy, unafraid of the situation, happily laughing at them.

It became clear, that this child was meant for them. No longer scared of the beast, Ai approached it and picked up the small child, now her child. After picking him up, the lion growled one more time, before flying into the dark sky. As Ai held her new son, she could see a sigil glowing on his forehead for a short moment, it looked like a green glowing letter G.


For a long time, Twilight and Rarity were eerily quiet as they piloted the Granteed through the country. The two equines were very accustomed to peace, landing right in the middle of a battlefield was very traumatizing for them. There they were, just wanting to get their princess to a safe place and the first thing that happens when they arrive at the new world, some tyrannical ruler wants to steal the Granteed.

For now they avoided every and all signs of civilization, afraid they could be pulled into another battle if someone saw them. Still, they had to get food somewhere, even though they were ponies they didn't want to graze every single day like their ancestors.

After they went past a mountain range, they arrived at the coast, to which they stuck for now. That is, until they saw a city in the distance. Roads lead in and out of the city, making it nearly impossible for them to get past them by land and there was a big island they built on too. "What are we going to do Twilight? These creatures are very numerous, slipping by will be nearly impossible in the Granteed." Asked Rarity, as she tried to find a way for them.

Twilight was also scanning the terrain, looking for a way to get past the city. With eyesight alone, this task would be nearly impossible but thankfully, the Granteed could zoom in for a closer look and analyse the city from afar. Thanks to this, Twilight saw their path. "The majority of the city is on this island, with a harbor on the main land. I wonder what this building in the middle is, looks important. But anyway, I think the water between the island and the rest of this land is shallow enough for the Granteed to walk over." Twilight answered.

Carefully they approached the coast and gently lowered Granteed into the water, before activating the thrusters again. The water started to boil a little, causing some steam to rise. They would have to stop that, once they could walk Granteed on the edge of the harbor. As they got closer, they noticed how the water seemed to get dirtier and dirtier, until they saw trash floating around. "This is just uncouth, throwing all of this garbage into the river like that. Granteed is going to need a nice, long wash after this." Complained Rarity, disgusted at the thought of practically swimming in trash.

Twilight did not share that particular dislike for the uncleanliness itself but it still seemed a little wasteful. The sonar in the Granteed did not pick up anything so far, although there was a strange energy reading nearby. "Rarity, keep your eyes open. I am not sure, but we have something here that could be a problem later on."

After their first encounter on this world, both mares felt their fur standing up in alert. If they get caught in a fight here, someone could get hurt or at least the harbor could be severely damaged. Even though the first impression has not been a kind one, neither believed that these creatures were all bad and that many were just living their lives as they themselves would.


At the same moment, a class of young children was on a not so far island full of garbage. Their teacher decided, that even in a time of crisis the children should learn about protecting the environment. As the war with the Britannians began, those issues have been ignored a little. They were in the right mindset too, wandering around a little and even looking for things, that can still be used.

Mamoru Amami was one of those students, looking around and laughing, as their teacher was being pestered by a swarm of flies and a flock of seagulls. He wandered off a little, while his classmates stuck together, when he suddenly got a really strange feeling. It was foreboding and made him a little nervous, although he dismissed it when he found what looked like a cave made of trash.

In his curiosity, he couldn't resist exploring a little. Inside the cave, he arrived at a wall of old TV's. He silently wondered, if they still worked and if yes, why anyone would just throw them away, as they suddenly came to life. Mamoru was startled and wondered, how those TV's even got the energy as the pictures of four strange people started flashing on the screens. As he looked down, he also saw a bunch of cables, moving around on their own like snakes. Scared, he ran outside again, where his teacher was standing.

"Mamoru, what were you thinking running off like that?" Scolded his teacher. At first, Mamoru wanted to tell her about what he saw, those strange images on the screens and the moving cables, as the ground suddenly started to shake. Teacher and student almost lost their footing as the ground rumbled and a giant pillar of dust and dirt rose from the ground, where the trash cave was.

The trash seemed to have gotten a mind on it's own and formed a large body out of trash. Some sort of purple gem made the core in the chest and on either side it had large arms, resembling spiked clubs. The face was elongated and had a horn sticking out of the forehead.

As the teacher and the other students saw this giant made of garbage, they fled to the boat that carried them to the island, in an attempt to flee. However, their boat was rocked and they stumbled onto the ground. One girl by the name of Hana, fell out of the window and barely managed to grab onto the boat, clinging for her dear life and screaming for help.

Mamoru was the first one up on his feet again. As he heard the cry for help, he dove out of the window to get her, without even thinking about it. His classmates followed, as they made up a chain of bodies to help their classmates. Hana almost fell but Mamoru managed to grab her, while their classmates pulled them back onto the boat. Now that the girl was safe, they took a good look at their surroundings.

The children were afraid as they felt the boat moving seemingly on it's own and a look back confirmed their fears. While they rescued Hana, the trash monster made the boat part of it's body.

Together they were five children on the boat, Mamoru, Hana and three others. One girl, one big kid and the smartest of the class. They looked around for their teacher but apparently, she did not make it to the boat and was probably still on garbage island. A loud roaring sound came from above, as the defense force jets flew their assault.

As they passed the monster, still holding the boat, the kids ears hurt from the massive blast of wind and they had to duck down. The trash monster only raised one of it's club like arms, which opened up, almost like a flower. Mamorus and his classmates could feel how the air got hotter and then, a beam of energy shot out of the creatures arm and destroyed both jets.


From under the water, Twilight and Rarity panicked as they felt the tremors. Was there an earthquake? Did somebody spot them? Twilight quickly scanned the surroundings, as she saw the large trash monster. Rarity was visibly disgusted as she saw this. "As if monsters and garbage alone weren't bad enough, now they have to combine. Twilight, what should we do?" She asked.

It would normally be obvious, helping the people living here but this situation was different. The very first thing they learned about this world was, that the locals had a very strong and aggressive military, so it might be better to leave it to them. "I hate to say it but we should probably stay out of this. We still don't know if we managed to escape from our pursuers, we shouldn't give them a fresh trail."

They could hear the explosions and the measuring instruments of the Granteed picked up the sudden spike of heat. Every now and then, they turned around, wondering if they should step in after all, as they were in a moral dilemma. Their task was clear, find the others and get Princess Luna to a safe place, if such a place exists in this world. Revealing themselves again would endanger all of them. But they were very close to a city, innocent people could get hurt if they didn't help.

As they got closer, they moved even slower to avoid detection. But they could now also pick up noises. At first they thought, it was just the monster but it sounded too strange for that. Almost like it came from several sources at once. Twilight just had to know, so she had Rarity scan it more closely. A gasp came from the alabaster unicorn mare. "This monster has absorbed a boat, there are some children on it."

This immediately changed their plans. If it was some sort of military, they could at least defend themselve but children? "Rarity, activate the thrusters, we're going to help them." Rarity did as Twilight asked and the water started to steam where the Granteed stood. The screaming children looked at the shadow, that rose from the water. Finally, the Granteed broke the surface right in front of the trash monster and a womans voice could be heard. "Stop right there, we're going to save these children." Twilight announced.

The children looked in awe at the robot that appeared. Was this some new military machine? How did it get here so fast? It did not really matter for them right now, the children only cheered as their rescuer arrived.

Their cheers were cut short however, as the monster raised an arm and it's club-like appendage opened up. They almost expected another blast of heat but instead the temperature seemed to drop. Twilight had the Granteed raise it's arms in defense, as a saphire blue beam shot out and connected. They flew a few meters back and Twilight wanted to lower the arms again, but found them frozen in place.

"What the hay?" She tried to free Granteed's arms but the cracks only started to form slowly. In the meantime, the trash monster approached them again. "Quick! Break free!" They heard one of the kids shout.

The arms of Granteed still shook as Twilight tried to break free but the time would not be enough. "Quick Rarity, use the orgone beam." She said, while looking right at the head of the beast. As Rarity started the activation, a crosshair appeared on the screen. Twilight took careful aim. She needed to stop it for a moment, without hurting the children.

The golden ring on the forehead of Granteed glowed green, as an emerald beam of energy shot out of it, hitting the monster in the face. As it staggered back a little, Twilight and Rarity were first worried that the children might fall into the water but luckily, they managed to cling on. Finally, the ice cracked and the Granteed broke free. "Quick Twilight, grab the boat as long as that monster is still staggering."

Rarity did not have to say that twice. Twilight had the Granteed storm forward, arms outstretched and as she was close enough, she grabbed the boat and pulled it out of the knee of the monster, where it was lodged in. It finally fell over, as they got more distance again. A quick scan later, both mares saw that the kids seemed to be alright and breathed a sigh of relief. "Are you all alright?"

A small boy with a brown mane came forward and waved to them. "Yes, thank you. But our teacher and the rest of our class are still on the garbage island." He said, pointing towards the island.

They turned around and saw the rest of the trash island, where a group of kids and one adult were stranded. "They seem safe for now but you sitll need to get away. We'll bring you to the harbor, just run as soon as you are there." Twilight said, as they made their way. Before they could reach the harbor however, a loud roar filled the air. "What was that?"

Twilights question was quickly answered, as they saw something flying towards them. It was smaller than them and as it got closer, it seemed to be a quadruped. Mamorus felt something familiar, as the figure got closer. Twilight and Rarity got ready to fight, in case it was another enemy.

A distand memory filled Mamoru's head, as he recalled the roar. Then he got a good look at the machine, it was a lion. Mamorus could clearly tell now, he saw this somewhere before! But what was it doing here? Where was it the whole time?

Granteed went into a battle stance, in which it could protect the children. They put the boat into the water and let it float away a little, before getting ready to intercept the lion robot. "What is wrong with this world? First we get pulled into a fight, then a junk monster and now a lion?" Complained Rarity.

The lion got closer and closer, almost in range now. Twilight let the Granteed pull it's arm back, ready for a punch. But then she noticed something. The lions course was off, it wasn't heading for them but for... Twilight turned around and saw, that the trash monster was up again and aimed at them with the ice beam. Rarity reacted quickly and shut off the thrusters, just before the monster fired it's beam. The Granteed sank and the ice beam shot above them, instead freezing the lion in the process.

Together both of them sank, Granteed and lion. "Rarity, this lion didn't attack, it wanted to help us." Said Twilight. "Very well then, let us return the favor." Rarity activated the thrusters again and they swam over to the frozen lion, where they started to break the ice.

Above them, a lone figure stood on top of a bridge. It was a single human, with long, red hair. He wore a suit of armor, golden in color and looked down at what happened. "Galeon and the unknown are down, the kids are safe for now. Come on, let me do something, the city is at stake." He said. "I can handle it." One more time he checked his energy supply in his chest. This man was a cyborg, half human, half machine. An accident in the past, forced this procedure in order to save his life.

A voice called him over the radio. "Understood. Make sure the children are okay, the mobile unit will break through the monsters barrier and weaken it. We can confirm that the unknown is still operational and in process of freeing Galeon. Get ready until then."

That was exactly what the figure wanted to hear. "DRILLGAO!" He yelled. The machine of the same name, was a tunnel tank, looking a little like two vehicles attached to each other and equipped with some of the strongest drills on earth. It could easily tunnel through the hardest rock and waited just below the seabed. It broke the surface and went up through the water, propelled by it's own thrusters. Twilight and Rarity could catch a quick glance, before it broke the water surface, directly below the trash monster.

"EQUIP!" He yelled next and a golden helmet with a green visor appeared on his head. With one large jump, he quickly went down.

The drill tank rammed into the monsters chest after breaking the surface, before falling back down. The man in the golden armor meanwhile, jumped onto the boat to look after the kids. "Are you all alright?" He asked, while the children cheered, now that they would be saved. "Thank you Mr." Mamorus said, which seemed to emberass the cyborg a little.

"Hey, don't call me Mr. I'm only twenty years old." He said, as the boat shook and some black piece of metal hit him in the back, throwing him back out. The trash monster has quickly recovered from the attack and reclaimed the boat as part of itself. It stood directly under the bridge, while the Cyborg swam in the water.

He watched, as the monster changed form, briefly looking like some strange sort of worm, morphing into a new shape while jumping onto the bridge. Said bridge was for trains and as the trash monster took form again, he could see that it became a train. This did not stop the cyborg however, as he gave chase.


With the help of GGG's very own high tech train, Linergao, the cyborg managed to chase the monster towards town hall, where it transformed into its bipedal form again. The people still inside were looking at the monster in fear, as it raised its arms. Screams echoed from the building, as the arms split open and energy gathered within.

It was clear, that the monster aimed to destroy the city hall and it looked like it was inevitable, as a loud roar could be heard. The frightened children, still trapped in the boat that became part of the monsters body, cheered as they saw the lion robot from before. Behind it was the other robot, that first tried to get them out.

"It seems the cavallery has arrived." The cyborg said. "I still don't know who you are but it is clear that you are very brave and I can respect that. Now, let's finish this monster off." He said to the Granteed, before leaping towards the lion. "FUSION!" He yelled, and the green gem on his arm glowed brightly.

Twilight and Rarity wondered what happened now and were a little shocked as the man jumped straight into the lion's mouth. But quickly, they saw that he was not really eaten. The lion turned and changed form, slowly taking the same, bipedal form as the creature now within. The golden lion head now at the chest, while another green gem was on the robots forehead. "GAIGAR! Alright, first we save the children." He yelled.

The trash monster had aimed at them in the meantime, so both had to evade it's energy beams. The lion mech yelled for another of GGG's machines, the Stealthgao. A fighter plane, made for transportation.

"Alright, Rarity, aim for the head." Twilight switched position again and the Granteed shot another Orgone beam at the head of the monster. It stumbled back, while the other robot sliced the front part of the boat off with the lion's claw, before making his way towards the roof of the city hall with it. There he gently put it down and checked on the kids..

"Are you kids alright?" He asked. One of the boys, Mamoru, jumped on top of the deck and yelled towards his savior. "Thank you mister!"

"Stop calling me mister, I'm only twenty years old." He said. Just before he could go back to his ally however, a black cable wrapped around his neck and he was electrocuted. Loud buzzing could be heard, as a monstrous shape came into view. The trash monster has grown itself a makeshit propeller and flew up to them. With another cable, it held the Granteed in its grasp.

The cyborg cursed, now there was only one way to win this.


In the GGG headquarter, mission control got a signal from Gaigar. "Chief, GaiGar is requesting permission for final fusion." Said Mikoto, who worked at the control center of GGG. While Galeon was still very mysterious for the organization, they managed to create some data links and controlled the Gaomachines.

Leo Shishio, the top scientist of GGG and father of the cyborg, better known as Guy Shishio, was worried about this though. "The chances of the final fusion to succeed are very low. In the worst case, Guy might be crushed inside of GaiGar.

"The percentage does not matter. With a courageous heart, one percent can become one hundred." Answered Koutaro Taiga. All members of GGG valued courage above all and so they all could agree. Now they could not afford to take their time and be careful. Even though the danger was high, they needed to take those chances. "Final Fusion, approved."

"Alright." Mikoto quickly typed in the program codes to all gaomachines, to make sure everything would work out. "Final Fusion, program drive!" At the last part, she slammed her fist into a panel next to her. The button underneath would send the signals to the gao machines and GaiGar, for initiating the final fusion.

The gem in GaiGar's forehead glowed brightly, as Guy got the signal that the final fusion was approved. "About time! FINAL FUSION!" He used the lion claw to snap the cable holding him and a hurricane of green mist surrounded him, pushing the trash monster back. Granteed was freed and landed safely on the ground, from which its pilots watched their ally.

The gaomachines broke through the mist and surrounded Gaigar. First drillgao approached from underneath, while Gaigar turned around one-eighty degrees at the waist. Like boots, the twin tunnel tank attached itself to it's feet, with the drills at the knees.

Next, the arms folded back and revealed a hollow part. The train, Linergao, went in and compartments opened up underneath on both sides.

Finally, Stealthgao used the folded arms to attach itself to Gaigar's back. The turbines were underneath the open compartments of Linergao and attached themselves to the new arms, coming out of them. As they were pushed in, the hands came out of the other end of the turbine, as they detached themselves from the plane.

Lastly, a helmet that was carried by Stealthgao, was put on top of the mechs head. The final fusion was complete, all gaomachines attached to GaiGar. Guy Shishio and the rest of GGG already had a name for the complete form, which he loudly announced. "GAO GAI GAR!"

"Final Fusion, successful!" Announced Mikoto and the entire control center errupted in cheers.

The complete robot now stood in front of the trash beast, dubbed EI-02 by GGG. The right hand started to rotate. "Broken Magmun!" Yelled Guy, as he thrusted the spinning arm forward. The hand detached itself and flew directly towards EI-02's head.

Twilight and Rarity saw their chance, as the monster was sent tumbling backwards and attacked too. "Send power to the hands, I'm using the finger crusher." Granteed flew towards EI-02 and slammed its hands into the beast, piercing the mechanical body.

"Alright, out of the way, I will finish it. Hell, and heaven." They heard from behind and turned around. GaoGaiGar's hands were glowing, one malicious red, the other bright golden. A tornado of green energy was forming a tunnel between GaoGaiGar and EI-02 and Twilight made Granteed move out of the way.

The trash monster was still stunned, as GaoGaiGar glid towards it, arms outstretched. They burrowed deep into the monsters chest and grasped something. Guy believed, he had the core of the beast and pulled out the strange, purple ball. The main body fell apart and exploded, now that the core was missing and Guy was starting to crush it.

As the first cracks appeared however, somebody yelled. "STOP, don't destroy it!" The voice came from above and the mech pilots were surprised to see a small boy, glowing green and with four sets of wings, looking like those of a dragonfly on their back. Guy stopped, as instructed as the body flew towards the core.

The boy started to chant something, as the trash monsters core started to dissolve. The pilots gasped, as a human was suddenly in the grasp of the lion mech and Guy was horrified at the implication, that he almost crushed that man. Before he could ask that kid who he was however, he flew away again.

In the GGG central, they too lost track of that kid. "It's no good, not even the sattelite can track it now." Kousuke Entouji, the intelligence operator and programmer of GGG said. "But still, we should try to contact the pilots of this mech now."

Guy Shioshio heard this and turned around to face them. "Thank you for your help. I don't know who you are, but risking yourself to save these children showed that you have courage. Please, if you wish come with me." He offered. Better not to try and force them, or else they will just run.

Twilight Sparkle and Rarity briefly discussed what to do and finally decided, that the pilot of the other mech was a good guy and maybe he and his friends could help them find Luna and the others. "Alright, my name is Twilight Sparkle, my co-pilot is Rarity, nice to meet you." The Granteed reached out, to shake hands.

While Guy was a little perplexed at these strange names, he smiled and shook Granteed's hand. "Guy Shishio, pleased to meet you." And with this gesture, a new friendship was formed.

Author's Note:

And after it took way too long, again, here's the next chapter. GaoGaiGar is the new anime introduced and as you may guess from some of the names and the shouting out of things, it is not as serious as some others and aimed at a younger audience. But still, I reccomend that you check it out, since it's still awesome. Although I admit, writing those parts felt a little silly.