• Published 9th Mar 2013
  • 2,764 Views, 76 Comments

Resistance of steel - Valsion



The mane six, Spike and Luna need to travel to another dimension to hide Luna from malicious gods that wish to see her demise. To help them defend themselves, they are gifted with powerful machines. A Super Robot Wars crossover.

  • ...
5
 76
 2,764

Three way battle

Resistance of steel

Chapter 10 A three way battle

“I'm asking you again, where is it?” The large man asked Kouji. After the events of last night, Kouji Kabuto was too tired and passed out, soon after he destroyed that falling beast. He only remembered how he was lying on the ground, next to Mazinger Z, the detective right next to him. There were also his little brother and his grandfather. Kouji still could not believe it, his grandfather was dead. Just that morning they were bantering during breakfast, Shiro got scared by his scarred face again...

“I keep telling you, I can't remember a thing.” Despite his grief, Kouji refused to let this bastard see any weakness, so he remained stoic. But there was still another, pressing concern. “And anyway, where is Shiro?” He demanded. Even if he lost his grandfather, he at least still had his brother, he needed to know he was okay.

Detective Ankokuji was just cleaning his ear with his finger, as he suddenly remembered. “Ah yes, the kid. That reminds me. HEY, IS ANYBODY THERE!” He yelled, as Kouji suddenly got a very bad feeling.

“Hey, what do you want to do with my little brother?” He asked angrily. If they harm as much as a head on his body, he would rip them to pieces with his bare hands and use Mazinger Z to destroy the entire police station. It also seemed very fishy that the police would use such methods.

“Nothing, just gonna ask him if he knows, where the Pilder is.” The detective replied, a strange undertone in his voice. “Depending on his answer, I may have to hurt him a little.” That confirmed Kouji's suspicion. They actually wanted to get the information they wanted, by threatening his brother.


In another part of the police station, a young boy was waking up just now. He was so tired from all of yesterdays events, that he immediately fell asleep after he got something to eat. Outside, it was already dark. They have spent the entire day in the police station, while the police still asked his brother questions. “I wonder how long they're gonna need.” Strangely enough, there was almost nobody in the room with him. Shouldn't they watch him? The only person in the room was hunched over at a table, apparently asleep.

Shiro got up to go and wake the cop up, as he slipped and fell. It hurt, as he hit the ground but there was something strange. He had something wet on his hand, did somebody spill his drink? Shiro looked at his hand to see what it was and went pale. It was blood.

Now that he was sitting on the ground, Shiro saw all the bodies laying on the ground and let out a frightened scream. He could already figure out, that the slouched police officer was also dead. He needed to get out. Shiro made a dash for the door, dodging the corpses on the floor, as he heard voices coming from outside.

“What do you think he wants with the kid?” One man asked. “He'll ask about the Pilder of course.” His partner answered.

“And what if he also plays dumb?”

“Then I'll use this. Maybe seeing his brother getting killed right in front of his eyes, will make the other guy talk.”

A short, metallic sound, like from a knife was heard outside. Shiro got very scared, they were going to kill him! “I need to get out.” Shiro quickly went to the window, there was no other choice now. He opened it up and looked down. His room was too high up, he would break his legs if he jumped. Behind him, Shiro could hear the two men trying to get in and see their silhouettes behind the door. There was no other choice now.

With that, the door creaked open.


In the Photon Power Labs, Heero Yuy had been introduced to everyone and everypony. Now that the Britannian forces were beaten back, they finally had the time to do some proper repairs and their mechs were almost fixed up. In the city, no one would even know that there was an attempt at invasion for a while and that was probably for the best. The events of last night were bad enough, the civilians did not need to hear more bad news.

While keeping his affiliation a secret, Heero explained that he was fighting against the Britannian Empire and their allies from the Organization OZ. Then there was the school he was staying at, during his time on Earth. He still had to take out that girl, she saw him on the beach in his spacesuit.

“Very well then Heero, we would be pleased to have your assistance.” Professor Yumi said. He still felt bad though. First his daughter, now this kid. It should be the adults that fought in battles, not the young ones. Instead he sat here in the lab, behind an energy field and turrets.

“Understood, I will be assisting you in the fight against the Britannian occupators. As soon as all combat units are repaired, I would suggest an attack on their base nearby. With their troops decimated, the resistance would be light.” The boy said, in a somewhat creepy monotone.

This was a quality of Heero, that was kinda unsettling for the others. They had met soldiers before, but none of them were quite this cold. “Not too hasty Heero. There has been a new threat confirmed and we need to find the pilot of this robot.” Professor Yumi pressed a few keys on the console and the screen in the room showed Mazinger Z, still lying against a ruined building, surrounded by police.

An unwelcome delay but getting their hands on this machine would be a considerable advantage. “Understood, we can eliminate the police forces around the perimeter and secure this combat mech.” He suggested, much to the shock of everyone around him.

“We will do no such thing!” Luna said, practically offended at the suggestion. “These police officers are just doing their job, keeping the populace save. I guarantee, if you harm them I shall personally punish you.”

“I have a mission. If you impede my progress, I will kill you.” Heero threatened the princess, who was shocked at his words. He had to get used to the idea, that there apparently was a world full of colorful ponies but it would not make a difference to his mission. She can be as magical as she wants to, he decided to treat her as any other human resource.

Professor Yumi sighed as Luna and Heero continued to bicker about their methods. He decided to look at the screen, which showed the footage of several cameras around the city. Wherever he looked, police officers were busy searching the area. Every picture was practically full of uniformed people.

At this point, something seemed strange to him. Where did all these policemen come from? He was certain, that Atami did not have so many officers. “Wait a minute, something isn't right here. Those can't be all local police officers.” He exclaimed, drawing the attention of everyone in the room.

Heero cursed himself, for not noticing this himself. There was of course something strange about the situation. If what he heard of this new enemy was right, he might have already infiltrated the city. “You are right, we need to head out immediately and investigate. I will take the Wing Gundam and head towards the police station.” He said, before making his way towards the hangar.

This was bad, the repairs and recharges on Aphrodite A and the Vorlent were not finished yet, they couldn't just head out with patchwork repairs again.

“Professor, I still have considerable, magical powers. I will accompany Heero and assist him as needed. With my abilities I can stay out of sight.” Princess Luna said, before following Heero. At the door, Spike stopped her.

“Wait, let me come with you.” He demanded.

“I am sorry Spike but no. This is way too dangerous, you are not protected by the Vorlent out there and unlike an adult, your scales are not as thick and your fire not as strong.” Luna hated having to tell him this but she could never forgive herself, when the dragon that Twilight hatched and her sister raised was hurt or worse. “But I promise you, I will come back. Please take care of the lab for me.”

Spike raised his claw and opened his mouth, as if he wanted to say something but in the end he just sighed and stepped aside. “Thank you Spike.” Luna said, before running after Heero.

There was a second reason she wanted to go with him though, she wanted to make sure he won't harm an innocent person.


Staying steady inside of Wing Gundams cockpit has certainly been a challenge. This robot was made with only one pilot in mind, so Luna had to squeeze in behind the seat. Heero was not happy to let her into the cockpit of his Gundam but ultimately decided, he needed to win their trust if he wants their help.

Right now they were halfway to the city already, the Wing Gundam was transformed into flight mode. Now it resembled a bird instead of a winged human. “We are almost there, try to stay quiet, I have to concentrate.” Heero ordered. Luna scoffed but didn't say anything. As rude as Heero was, she still wanted to give him a chance. Also she believed that there was more to his behavior than just rudeness.

The voice of Professor Yumi then chimed in through their communicator and several pictures appeared on the side of the main screen, showing several masked men in places, where police officers stood just a moment ago. “Heero, Luna, it is confirmed that these policemen were fake, these soldiers must belong to Dr. Hell.”

This was really bad. Those soldiers must be everywhere in the city now. While Luna was visibly distressed, Heero kept his cool and assessed the situation. “It would be impractical to just sweep the entire city with Wing Gundam. If the enemy has disguised himself as the police, it would be common sense to assume that they use the police station as headquarters. If we take out the leader, the rest of the troops will retreat.”

That sounded like a good plan, this way they would also lower the risk of getting innocent people killed. Sayaka then chimed into the conversation. “Don't destroy the police station! The pilot of the big robot that helped us was taken in for questioning, he is most likely there for interrogation.”

This of course complicated the matter. One shot with the buster rifle would be enough to destroy the station but now they had to rescue the pilot of that black robot first. That meant having to find a suitable landing place, going in, getting the pilot out and then destroying the police station. “Understood, prioritizing rescue mission.”

Luna then got an idea. “Wait Heero, I can use my magic to defend myself and teleport. You just drop me off at the station and remain in the air. As soon as I managed to rescue the pilot, I will teleport him onto the roof and give you a signal.” She offered him. That way they wouldn't need to let the Gundam unguarded and Heero could provide a distraction.

Heero looked back at her briefly. “That would make the rescue operation easier. Our target will most likely be in the holding area. That means he will be in the lower levels. Try to remain undetected for as long as possible.” Maybe it was not so bad to have this pony princess with him. She has already shown him that magic was real, this could prove useful. Even though it was still strange that he had a talking, magical pony in his cockpit.

Finally they reached the city, where they headed straight to the police station. The soldiers they passed saw them but would not be able to alert their leader in time if Luna was quick. But as they finally reached the building, there was something going on on the roof. Floodlights were pointed at a child, standing at the very edge and another person was there too. Luna recognized him. “The robed one, that is the leader of the enemy troops.”

This may be a stroke of luck. The enemy leader was basically served on a silver platter, one burst with the vulcan gun would take care of him. Normally he would use the buster rifle but he did not want to harm the child.

Baron Ashura turned around and looked into the sky, as it heard something approaching. Wing Gundam stopped only a jump away from the roof and transformed in midair. The limbs shifted, turning it back into the humanoid form, looking straight at Baron Ashura.

“Taking out enemy leader.” Heero said, before firing the vulcan gun. What he did not expect, was that Baron Ashura just leaped into the air, higher than any human should be capable of jumping, dodging the fire. Instead of taking out the enemy leader, Heero just shot the roof full of holes.

“Damn you, did you really think that would be enough to kill me!” Baron Ashura yelled at Wing Gundam, as it landed again. For the first time, Heero was unsure what to do. This was clearly not a normal human being, now he could also see this strange creature, as if one half of a man and one half of a woman were sewn together. But he also saw something else. A woman in a kimono, quietly approaching Baron Ashura from behind and calmly putting a hand on it's shoulder.

“Wait, I saw that woman, she helped the pilot of the large, black robot to destroy the mechanical beast.” What was she doing here and why did she start talking with Baron Ashura, as if she knew it. Baron Ashura wanted to turn around and grab the woman, but as it's hand touched hers, electricity started to surge through its entire body, lighting up the entire roof.

“It seems like she has the same idea as we have.” Another potential ally and apparently a skilled assassin. A bright flash came from the area where the front door was but Heero could not see what happened from his current standpoint. Just a moment later, an explosion came from the area and they could see the windows in the building shatter.

“Oh no, I hope the pilot we came to rescue was not hurt. Heero, I'm going to go out now, keep an eye on Baron Ashura.” Luna said, as her horn glowed and she teleported out, just a few feet above the Wing Gundam. The woman still stood behind Ashura. She was currently not shocking it with whatever weapon she had but the strange hybrid was hunched over. It was strange, knowing how strong Baron Ashura was and seeing this woman completely in control of it.

By now the woman had Baron Ashura against the rails and was preparing to strike down. At this point, someone else came onto the roof with sword in hands. He was not a soldier for the enemy but a civillian. “You bastard! I will never forgive you for killing my grandfather!” He yelled. That was him, the pilot of that large robot.

Startled, the woman let go of Baron Ashura, allowing him to get away from her. “Ah, thank you. All I needed was to get away from her for a moment.” It said, before raising the staff it held into the air. “Now, come! Mechanical Beast Nonakago H2!”

From the air, something floated towards them. Another one of the mechanical monsters. This time it was large and oval, with something that looked like a face on it's abdomen.

Heero aimed the twin buster rifle at hit, prepared to fire, as something else came up. “ALARM! IT'S A HETERODYNE! FROM THE COAST!” One of the soldiers yelled, running up towards the police station. All eyes were now on the coast, where a large, cross shaped creature. On the arms were some sort of feelers attached. It was now floating straight towards them.


In the Photon Power Labs, Professor Yumi, Sayaka and Spike were watching how Heero and Luna went in to save Kouji. They watched how that mysterious woman took down Baron Ashura without problems and how the mechanical beast and the Heterodyne appeared. “What is that?” Asked Spike, pointing at the screen that focused on the monster.

“A Heterodyne. One of those monsters has appeared over a decade ago. The robot Dai-Guard was built to defeat them after an entire city had to be destroyed to kill the one that appeared. No other has shown up and Dai-Guard was left to the twentyfirst-century-security company.” Sayaka explained. “Father, we have to call them. If a Heterodyne appeared, then Dai-Guard should be equipped to handle it.”

“Good idea Sayaka.” Professor Yumi went to the phone. He and the CEO of the company knew each other. The Photon Power Labs are good customers of his company and frequently bought security technology from them, in order to protect their technology from Britannian spies.

While they waited for anyone to pick up, Spike thought about the situation. They had this evil empire to fight, then there was this Dr. Hell guy and now there were monsters just randomly popping up. Was this really the safest place for the princess? Right now it seemed that they were just moving from one disaster to the next. And what about the others? Twilight and Rarity just had to be okay, he wouldn't want to imagine what could happen to them in this apparently, unceasingly hostile world.

Finally someone at the other line picked up. “Hello... who are you?” Professor Yumi asked. Spike and Sayaka were confused, shouldn't the professors acquaintance have picked up this call? “What do you mean Dai-Guard has been placed under government control? Shouldn't you have launched it by now?” Professor Yumi sounded very angry.

Instead of the CEO of the twentyfirst-century-security company, someone named Shirota picked up the call and explained, that the government of the remaining Japan has seized control of the company and Dai-Guard. The company was currently under investigation, now that the crisis level has been raised.

“Listen well, the enemy has the city under control, a Heterodyne has appeared. We have some new allies but they are not enough to deal with all of this. Sayaka can confirm, you have some very skilled pilots for Dai-Guard so launch it if you want to protect the people of this city.” Professor Yumi argued.

The situation seemed grim indeed. Shirota has already received the report of the enemy troops in the city, as well as the mechanical beast and Heterodyne. Now that the professor has mentioned the pilots from yesterday, this might be an opportunity to test them. “Very well professor, this might go against military protocol but this is an emergency situation, we will launch Dai-Guard.”


In the city, Kouji, Tsubasa and the others were fleeing the scene, while Heero kept the mechanical beast busy. Current objective was to destroy the enemies, while keeping the collateral damage at a minimum. The civilians at this point were fleeing their homes, despite Baron Ashura's troops on the street. Said soldiers were taking cover themselves, as there would soon be a three way battle between the mechanical beast, the Heterodyne and the Gundam.

Luna knew, without the Vorlent the enemies were too big for her to take on. Instead she kept to the shadows. With raw power she would not help at all here but if she could cast the right spell at the right time, it would greatly assist Heero.

Heero himself was observing the mechanical beast, looking for a weak spot in the thick armor. His Buster Rifle was strong but he already heard from Luna that the armor of those mechanical beasts was also powerful. While he did not exactly know the strenght of the Vorlent's weapons, a rough estimate would be that it is on par with his rifles power.

The 'teeth' that the mechanical beast sported then folded to the side like fins. They charged with electricity and the lightning arced towards the Wing Gundam. Heero tried to fly away, getting more distance between him and the enemy but it was futile. As if they were in fact whips, the bolts of electricity wrapped themselves around the limbs of his Gundam and pulled him closer.

The mouth of the beast opened as the upper body started to float upwards. The opening was big enough, so that the Wing Gundam could easily fit in there. Heero tried to escape from the electromagnetic net but none of his controls wanted to obey. “The mission was a failure.” There was one thing left. He would try to activate Wing Gundams self destruct sequence, to protect it's secrets and take out the enemy. But just as the mechanical beast tried to close him off, princess Luna appeared.

The princess was protected by what he could only assume was a magical shield, that dispelled the electromagnetic net as it tried to capture her. She flew towards Wing Gundam and increased the size of the shield, to engulf Wing and free him. “Heero, quick, fly away. I cannot keep this shield up for long.” She sounded strained, so Heero wasted no time. He reactivated the boosters and flew quickly out of the beasts mouth with Luna.

The alicorn quickly got herself to safety, on top of the nearest building. Not only did she need a lot of energy to hold off that robots powers, she also needed to create a fairly large shield to protect Wing also.

After he ascended far enough in his opinion, Heero turned Wing around and faced the Nonakargo again. There also was the Heterodyne, which was getting closer. Something was strange about it though. As far as Heero knew, the Heterodynes caused a lot of destruction in their wake but this one seemed to make a direct beeline towards them.

Something else also got into his sights. A few trucks, speeding towards them. There was a portable crane and all the parts of Dai-Guard. “Reinforcements have arrived.”