• Published 28th Feb 2013
  • 1,540 Views, 53 Comments

Light of my life - Sushi4477



What would you do if you found out your mother was serial killer, and that its up to you to save the world with her help?

  • ...
10
 53
 1,540

Gleam

As Light exited the enclosed cell, she felt a wave of disapointment hit her. Sure, she had finnaly met her mother, but she never expected her to be so cold. What is to expect of a Serial killer after all.

She sat on one of the chairs that where placed next to the door. What Pinkamena had said made little sense, but it was all she had for now. The hallway's erie silence had been broken by the soft sound of hooves walking towards her. Light looked up and was shocked to see Princess Celestia herself standing before her.

The earth pony sighed at the sight of her "I'm sorry your majesty, I guess I didn't get as much help as I thought it would."

Celestia smiled then took a seat next to her. "Light, have you ever heard the tale of Twilight Sparkle?" She asked.

Light blinked, the name rang a bell. "I don't think so."

Celestia nodded, "she was a great friend of Pinkamena, back then they called her Pinkie Pie."

Light smiled. "That name seems so sweet, and considering how she ended up..."

"After Pinkie Pie... Snapped, Twilight Sparkle fell into a deep case of depression and paranoia. Her friends seemed to have all separated and she just couldn't bare it, but then Twilight decided to remain loyal to her friends, she spent months looking for the remaining members and united them toguether, to this day the four of them still keep in touch and never forget they have each other." Celestia placed something on Light's lap, when she turned her head down she saw it was a necklace with a lightning bolt in it. "I think you have what it takes to be the most loyal to everyone, even if they hurt you. To forgive is the mark of great hearted pony."

Light looked at the necklace and held it in her hooves, she felt a strange sensation covering her body, a sudden burst of hope hit her as she unfolded her denim outfit to reveal that in fact, she finnaly had her cutie mark. It was a heart with a crown, a symbol of loyalty.

She had a smile plastered in her face and turned up to anounce it, but princess Celestia was gone. The only thing that remained was the necklace, who seemed to have changed too, it was now her cutie mark, a heart with a crown. How had it happened? More importantly, what had happened?


"So, she gave you a necklace and then you had your cutie mark..." Palette said. "I'm not sure I'm supposed to understand that..."

Light rolled her eyes. She, Network and Palette had decided to spend the entire trip on Palette's parent's house instead of in a hotel. Palette had insisted on them doing that because it was snap apple season and her aunt Apple Bloom made the best Snap apple jam in Equestria.

"Yeah, well, thats what happened." Light stated. "I have no idea how, or why but now I have my cutie mark. "

"Well good for you." Network said, "but how on Celestia's name did it happen?"

Palette who was flying a few feet above them interrupted them with a laugh. "Hey guys look! " she said gesturing a hoove ahead. "We're here!"

Ahead of them stood a large red barn and next to it a nice farm house. They where less than a mile ahead, and they had already reached the apple orchards. Palette flew above and picked an apple, sending it down to Light.

"Best apples in Equestria!" She said.

Light took a bite and sure enough it was the sweetest and juiciest apple she had ever had. "Wow! You're right!" She said in a muffled voice.

As they aproached the farm house, Light saw a yellow mare feeding a group of chickens. Palette and Network seemed to have seen her too because before she knew it, both of them where racing at the other side of the fence.

"Mom!" They yelled in unison. The mare turned around and broke into a smile.

"Kids! Oh look at you two! I'm so happy you came to visit, " she hugged the pair tightly. "How have you been?"

Palette stepped back "great! They took my paintings in the Ponyville galery, and Network finnaly ended the design for the video game he's working on. Oh, and mom, " she stepped back to let Light step forward. "This is Light, she's my best friend, can she stay with us?"

The mare smiled warmly. "Of course she can dear, pleased to meet you. I'm Fluttershy." She said.

Light smiled back "Its a pleassure, this is a beautiful farm by the way."

Fluttershy laughed, "Oh you should thank my husband for that. By the way your father should be inside, go meet him."

The three friends trotted inside, leaving the butter-colored mare tending her animals. Network opened the door to the house and let his friend and sister inside. Light noticed the decorations inside the house weren't as different from Palette's and Network's house. When the headed for the kitchen, Light saw a tall, middle-aged stallion placing a barrel of apples near the counters. He turned around and broke into a smile as soon as he saw the two siblings.

"Ah was hopin' you two would trot around here soon!" he hugged Palette. "How's mah princess doin'?" he asked her.

Palette smiled. " Dad! I'm 21 years old, how long are you going to keep calling me that?"

the stallion gave a hearty laugh " As long as i'm alive honey, and you! How's it going buddy!"

Network hugged his dad with a smile. "Its going great dad. This is Light, she's a friend. Mom said she could stay with us."

The stallion raised an eyebrow. " Do you like apples?" he asked. Light nodded with a smile, leading the stallion to laugh yet again. "Don't worry, I'm only teasing y'all. The name's Big Macintosh, Pally, go show her to her room. Network, come with me, Ah need help sorting these apples." Network sighed and sat next to his father

As the two mares walked up the stairs, Light raised an eyebrow at Palette. " Paly?" she asked.

Palette sighed. "My name is Palleta Red Apple. Please don't tell anyone back home..." she gave Light a pleading look. Light had a hard time trying not to laugh.

When Palette opened the door to her room, Light was stunned. The place was beautiful. The bed was red with a squared pattern and had three, lime green pillows. In front of the bed was a wooden dresser and a large window in the wall next to it. The place looked like something pulled out of one of her mother's decor magazines.

"Lovely isn't it?" Palette said. " Every piece of wood is apple tree wood and the quilts and sheets where al made by my aunt Apple Bloom. Oh, I can't wait for you to meet her and my aunt Apple Jack!" Light settled her bag in the floor. She was really impressed by this.

"Okay, dinner is in an hour. My entire family will be here! Say, maybe you can meet one of my cousins. They are all really handsome and nice! Well, some of them." Light raised an eyebrow at her. Palette sighed. " Alright, none of them."
Light let out a laugh as well as Palette, then she left.

Light spent an hour organising her stuff in the dresser. She didn't own much, but she needed something to do. When she was finished she looked down at her denim outfit and frowned. She really didn't need it anymore. She unzipped the back of it and took it off. Light looked at her flank and smiled, she was so happy to finally have her cutie mark. She turned to her bag and pulled out the golden necklace. Carefully she placed it in the dresser, then she shut it. She could hear Palette calling her for dinner, and gave one last look at the dresser before leaving.

Dinner at the Apple's was more fun than anything Light had ever experienced. Network and Light's cousins seemed excited to have them there, and never seemed to be quiet. An orange mare, whom Light later found out was Palette's aunt Apple Jack, made the best apple cider Light had ever tasted. She had two twin boys who never seemed to stay still. Palette had a great time playing tag with the boys and telling them jokes. Her aunt Apple Bloom was a beautiful red haired mare who made delicious apple fritters for all of them. Light had a great time with her one year old filly, called Apple slice. Their male cousins and relatives horsed around (literally) and took every opportunity to flirt with Light. Of course, she rejected all of them. Overall, Light had a fantastic night.

When Light woke up and went downstairs for breakfast, she saw the two siblings holding objects in their hooves.
" 'Morning." she said. " what is that?"
They had two packages in their hooves. They where wrapped in brown paper wrapping. The two of them tore the paper open and pulled out two necklaces, almost exactly the same as the one Light received from Celestia before.

" Nice!" Palette said with a smile. She pulled it out and looked at the gem stone. " I got a balloon gem stone?"

Network pulled his out. " Its a butterfly, like mom's cutie mark." he tried to find if anything else was in it. The three of them gasped as the gem stones began to glow. When the gleam faded, Palette's necklace also had her cutie mark, a multi-colored swirl. The same thing had happened to Network's as it turned into an atom.

"What do you think it means?" Palette asked Light.

She shrugged and leaned forward to see it better, "I don't know, we can ask somepony today when we go back to CMCS"

"I think its some sort of magic, maybe we should ask a unicorn." Network said. " Do you think Shining Armour can help us?"

As he said this, Fluttershy opened the door to the house holding the mail. She dropped it in the counter, not having noticed the necklaces yet. " Good morning, well what do you know?" she said with a smile.

"What?" Palette asked. Fluttershy turned around with a small box in her hands. Light felt uneasy for some reason, but it wasn't until the middle aged mare pulled open the box that she felt her heart stop.

"Somepony sent us cupcakes this morning!"

Author's Note:

PLOT TWIST!!!!!!
I want to really apologize for taking so long. I've been doing other things lately and have forgotten to update, but I promise I'll try to do it more often.
Thanks to everyone for the support and I hope you like this chapter!