• Published 28th Feb 2013
  • 1,540 Views, 53 Comments

Light of my life - Sushi4477



What would you do if you found out your mother was serial killer, and that its up to you to save the world with her help?

  • ...
10
 53
 1,540

Dim

BREAKING NEWS: INFAMOUS KILLER PINKAMENA DIANE PIE IS LOSE
Last night, the famous killer of twenty seven ponies, Pinkamena Diane Pie, broke free from her cell in Canterlot Maximum Security prison. The guards responsible for watching over the prisoner, where found right outside of the mare's cell with their throats slit. It is thought that Pinkamena has fled to Ponyville, yet no evidence has been found of her ever leaving Canterlot. Lead Investigator, Andromeda Sparkle, has said the following. "If Pinkamena Pie has fled CMSP, she must be found immediately. " It is advised for citizens of Canterlot to remain inside their houses for today, and not open the door to strange ponies. Captain Shining Armour of the Royal Guard has not commented on the fleeing of Pinkamena, but Princess Celestia has pleaded ponies all over Equestria to be safe and protect their loved ones. Search parties have been sent to both Ponyville and Canterlot, and Princess Luna has temporarily left her night guard to aid on the search. Yet, here in Canterlot, ponies are still wondering when will the panic end, and when can Equestria's capital city be called safe again.

Network shut the newspaper and turned to look at the two mares sitting in front of him. The trio was back in CMSP, sitting in the mess hall table and awaiting news. They could hear the hoof steps of Heart Felt, walking over to them with four mugs of coffee levitated with magic. He gave one to each of them and sat beside Network. As he did this, he didn't speak a single word. Palette stared at her coffee, and strangely seemed devoid of any kind of cheerfulness for now. Light had a blank stare in her, making Network increasingly concerned. They had been called immediately after Pinkamena's escape. Light seemed to have gone into a state of shock since then.

Finally, and unsurprisingly, Palette broke the silence. "Do you guys think she's heading to Ponyville?" she asked in a voice without its usual spark.

Network sighed and shrugged, Heart Felt frowned and took a sip of coffee.

"Well, one thing is for sure. We now have two killers in Equestria and barely a clue on how to catch either of them."

Light's head snapped up, her eyes widening. " wait..." she hummed. The other three turned to her. "Wait, I think I know how to catch the Canterlot killer." she said.

Palette raised an eyebrow. "Light, what do you mean you know-"

"I mean that she told me how! She gave me hints!" Light almost screamed. "We have to leave now."

"Are you crazy, the entire city is in a state of lockdown, where would we go?" Heart Felt asked.

Palette rolled her eyes. "Honestly Heart Felt, loosen up. Haven't you ever broken the rules?"

Heart Felt huffed. "Well, I am a prince heir of a throne who has to live up to his mother the princess and his father the captain. So no, Palette, I have never broken the rules."

Palette narrowed her eyes. "You can be such a stupid buck."

Heart Felt scoffed, "Well don't you dare start this! You always pick up fights."

"No I bucking don't! You are just a self centred prick all the time!"

"And you are a silly little filly with no sense of responsibility and common sense!"

"Responsibility and common sense are BORING, Heart Felt. We've been over this, and I'm not a filly you dumb foal!" She said with a smirk.

"Celestia all mighty, you are insufferable now aren't you?" he said shaking his head. "I mean you never understood anything!"

By now Network and Palette where sitting in the table,watching the other two ponies argue. Network felt like he had to intervene at one point or another, but he knew that arguing with his sister was like arguing with a wall. She was just too hard headed.

"Oh I never understood anything? You left me and never even gave me a decent excuse as to why." She turned to walk away. "Come on Light, lets go break the law, because we aren't stupid Goody Goody two shoes who need their parents approval all the damn time!!" She yelled the last part of that sentence to Heart Felt.

Light and Network stood up and turned to follow Palette. The two of them did it like foals do when their mother had just scolded them. Heart Felt was left alone and after a while groaned loudly and turned to follow the trio.


'This is creepy.' Palette muttered to herself. 'You really did it this time Palette.'
The mare stood before an old abandoned bakery in the edge of Sun kiss corner. It was dark outside, with Luna's night reigning over the sky. Her friends had all done exactly what she told them not to, they split up.

'Oh, I've seen enough horror movies to know how this is going to end...' the mare thought grimly. 'I'm going to end up in pieces in the basement of a psycho pony with personality disorder. Yep, they're going to have to carry my remains in ziplock bags.' Had every ounce of optimism abandoned her when she saw that place?

She slowly stepped in, careful as to not ruin anything inside the old place. It looked pretty average for a bakery. The counters where barren and dusty, and old advertisements for apple fritters hung on the fading walls behind her. It was definitely an erie place.

Palette held the flashlight in her mouth and analysed the counters. She was looking for employment records of any sort, to find who might have done the murders. After putting aside three cook books, she finally came across a binder with yellowing page inside. She opened it, eliminating the cobwebs covering it. Palette browsed through the costumer records, Ponies who owed money, Ponies who hadn't received their deliveries...

Bingo, she finally found a long list of employees. She read through each name carefully and her heart began to sink.


China Doll age 29
Free Bird age 16
Dandelion sun age 17
Rain Water Cloud age 19
Prima Donna age 15
Tree Hugger age 32
Lorelei Yodel age 18...

Those names, where the names of all the victims. They had all worked at this shop at one time or another. Palette read through the names, these ponies probably took the job in their youth as a way to earn fast money. It was a natural thing for a young mare or stallion to look for work, but who would have guessed it would cost them their life.

Palette then realised something disturbing. The killer seemed to be going in order. China doll being the first kill, and going on and on. Then who was at the end of the list. Palette gulped and ran a hoof through the page until reaching the bottom and when she saw the name, she had to take a step back. Palette packed the book under her wing safely and began to run towards the door. The pegasus began to feel a wave of unnatural fear hit her.

She tried to open the door but it wouldn't budge. At this the mare began trying to buck it down, but she lacked the earth pony force to do it. "Come on you stupid thing!" she said as she gave one earnest kick. "Oh Celestia, open up already!!"

Then Palette felt the sharp pain of a needle on her neck. She stumbled back in shock. "Wha-" she began to say, but she began to feel weak. Her legs gave in and her wings fluttered open, dropping the old binder to the floor next to her. Palette fought the drug given to her, but it was no use. The mint-colored mare now laid defeated on the floor.

The last thing Palette heard was a soft chuckle and a voice, "clever filly. Just not enough." before everything went dim.