• Published 28th Feb 2013
  • 1,540 Views, 53 Comments

Light of my life - Sushi4477



What would you do if you found out your mother was serial killer, and that its up to you to save the world with her help?

  • ...
10
 53
 1,540

Shine

Palette never expected to be involved in a criminal investigation, especially with her brother and her best friend. Light just didn't seem to be the daughter of the infamous Pinkamena Diane Pie.

She remembered being taught about Pinkamena in the eighth grade. How she was the first pony to commit murder that way, how the royal guard caught her. Some said she turned herself in. Others said she was caught in the act while working in her pastry shop. They closed the sweet shop after they retrieved all the bodies. Some brave ponies still take overnight camping trips there during Nightmare night. They leave first thing in the morning and never return.

Palette had a suitcase with all the things she was going to need for the trip. Network packed his weigh in cables and other electronic devices she didn't know the name of. Palette only packed the basics, a sketch book, toothbrush, sweater, paint and pastels. Light had spent the past few days with them, and although Palette couldn't prove it she knew Network had feelings for Light. It was going to be an interesting trip if that was the case, or if Heart Felt was coming too.

As they got ready to leave the house, Light gave one last look at Palette before leaving.

"Hey, its going to be alright." Palette answered. She knew it was a lie, but what choice did she have.

They walked for a few awkward minutes before finnaly spoting what apeared to be... A dragon?

They turned to each other.

"Is that a dragon?" Light asked.

"Eeyup..." Network answered sounding much like his dad.

Palette ran towards it excited. Light and Network followed at a slightly slower pace.

I was a large, purple dragon with green scales and massive wings. He had what apeared to be a saddle on, but it was much larger in comparison to the ones Ponies use to carry things.

Shining Armor was standing next to the dragon, aparently talking and Palette flew up to rest her suitcase in the saddle. HeartFelt walked behind her, making her jump with surprise.

"Hi," he said. She rolled her eyes and turned around the Dragon "Aw come on Pallete! That was years ago, "

"Buck off HeartFelt" she said quite clearly. The dragon snickered. Light and Network placed their bags with Palette's and climbed up.

"Oh, I know you two!" The dragon said. "You look like BigMacintosh! Yeah, I remember the guy."

Palette stood infront of the dragon. "How in Celestia's name do you know my dad?"

The dragon smiled. "My name's Spike, we where friends when he used to live in Ponyville."

The dragon and the pony began a happy talk. As the group climbed up Spike's saddle and he took off, Palette took a seat near his head to continue the conversation. After a few minutes finnaly Shining Armor settled everyone down.

"Here's the deal, the events occured began three months ago, when a Canterlot musician named Prima Dona was kidnapped in her home. The kidnapper left behind nothing but a painting we are unable to identify."

He pulled out pictures of a room from several angles. The living room had only a glass of half drunk apple cider and a lit cigarrete. The bottle had crashed against the floor and several thinks had been kicked and thrown accross the room. Sure enough at one side of the large love seat was a painting.

"I recognize this painting style." Palette pulled the photo of the painting. "The image of the twenty pony ballerinas by Arabesque ilussion. He was a very talented stallion. He painted mostly ballerinas until he began slipping into madness and painted distorted faces and dead flowers. "

Shining Armor placed another image. It was of a small shop, or atleast what was left of it. The place seemed to have sold china and silverwear for the amount that was thrown around the room. Once again the place was distroyed and a neat portrait of a mare laid in a chair in a corner.
"This is one we have all seen in school. The master peice of Leonardo DaStallione, the Mare Lisa. A classic. I find it funny that the crime took place in a small shop. Hold on..." She seemed to flip through the pictures. "Did this happen to take place in Sunkiss corner? "
Shining Armor froze. "Yes, that's exactly where it happened."
"Sunkiss corner is known for being the capital of the arts in Canterlot, because thats where Arabesque painted most of his portraits. But who did he take?"

"A pony by the name of China doll, an elderly mare in her late seventies. Thats whats wrong, none of the victims are related."
Light furrowed her brow and kept flipping the pictures of the victims. A teenage stallion, a punk unicorn, an earth pony in her late thirties, a short mained pegasus. "There's atleast fifty ponies in here..."

"Exactly. This is the most unusual and gruesome case to ever have come to my hands since Pinkamena Diane Pie. And this one steals the crown. The bodies apear in random houses all over Canterlot. In a small package. They open it and find cupcakes." He sighed and rubbed his neck. "You take one bite, and you taste the meat..." Palette and Network turned their heads disgusted. Light kept looking at the pictures.
As she reached the near end she found a file reading, "PDP. DANGER LEVEL 5."
She pried it open and a smal stack of papers apeared.

Prisoner name: Pie Diane, Pinkamena.
Crimes accused: twenty seven charges of Homicide in the First degree. Abduction. Endangering the welfare of a child.
Age: 27 Celestian years old
Gender: Female
Fur color: pink
Mane color: pink
Eye color: blue
Cutie mark: three balloons
Scars or facial marks: N/A
Hoove size: 7 1/2
History of mental illness: ADHD from the ages of six to twenty one
History of physical impediments: N/A
Date of trial: March 19
Light flipped around. An image apeared, a pink mare with faded pink hair looked intensely into the camera. Light shut the folder and slipped it back.
"This whole, thing" HeartFelt said. "This guy, what is making him so messed up?"
Shining Armor turned to him. He then faced the others.
"Because he is a monster. A terrible, undescribable monster."
Light held the folder in her hooves and looked down at it. This was going to be a lot scarier than she thought.

Author's Note:

Things just got cool.
What will happen when Pinkamena meets Light?
Will Pallete figure out the link to the artists and the murder scenes?
Will Shining Armor capture the Canterlot Slayer?
THE DRAMA!

Hmm... I could really go for a taco right now.