• Published 27th Feb 2013
  • 3,921 Views, 151 Comments

Macintosh of Arabia - Crisis_Vyper



Big Macintosh......a simple pony managing a fairly simple family business. But when this order of business brought him to the dunes of Saddle Arabia where the laws of the land are utterly foreign to him. As things gets from bad to worse, who could he

  • ...
4
 151
 3,921

Farewell

A wise pony once said that the path to salvation is always laced with the strings of peril. This pony's wise words proved to be very true in the case of our dear Equestrians and their allies, for they will need all the blessings that they can get to pull themselves out of a mad equine's carnage.


"Equestria damn it.....*pant*.....I....*pant*.....need...*pant*.....to...*pant* sit down....." Vinyl said as she gasped for air. She is never the athletic kind, and all the magic, running and uncertainty is taking a toll on her. Nurse Redheart however is not even breaking a sweat as she take stride, and the same could be said about the others. Vinyl truly resents that they are all fitter than her.

"We are here." Sheikh Abu Hamza said. A dark wooden door could be seen right in front of them, and it is a rather unassuming door save that of a particular weird swirly Saddle Arabian writing above the door. The door soon opened without much difficulty, and everyone went into the room. As the Janissaries attempt to close and blockade the door and Vinyl takes as much air as she could contain in her lungs, the pair of Equestrians and the Sheikh walked towards an altar. It is a rather unassuming altar, save that of a simple green orb floating in the center. However as they looked up, they realized that the room does not have a ceiling exposing the night skies above them.

"Okay....." Big Macintosh said, unsure about what to exactly in this situation.
"I will have to find the proper book and incantation to activate the Teleport Bubble and get us out of here. It is important that we try to do this as quietly as possible." Sheikh Abu Hamza said.
"You heard that Vinyl? That means shut the buck up." Nurse Redheart said to the unicorn mare, with a condescending smile. Even though she is offended by the pink-maned mare's remark, but she knows enough of the situation to hold back her anger.
"She may be of assistance to let us escape, as her magic might help us power up this bubble." the Sheikh said.
"Sure I am, unlike some other mare." Vinyl said to Nurse Redheart, all high and mighty about it. In that regards, both of the mares are now even. Both of the mare stared at each other to such an extent that the other males in the room could feel the tension. Only little Fatimah is oblivious to the situation. Sheikh Abu Hamza puts her down, giving his daughter a smile before he walks towards one of the book shelves to search for the incantation.


But apparently, instead all he managed to get out of the stallion is uncontrollable laughter,.Sheikh Fahd smiles wickedly at the Eternal, whose laughter starts to falter.The burly Sheikh took out a small dagger from his clothes, and as he pulls it out the laughter died.

"You know, I absolutely adore funny stallions." Before the Eternal could even protest, one of the other Janissary had blindfolded the Immortal.
"What are you doing?!?!?!?!" Immediately the blindfolded stallion could feel the cold steel of the blade on his throat, caressing his neck like the lovely embrace of silk.
"Now then.....let's play a game shall we? It is called 'Truth or Throat'." The rest of the Janissary did not even want to look at what the burly blue Sheikh had in stall for the stallion, for they know that the Sheikh had many ways to make a stallion talk.

*****************************************

"Milord, we need to leave!" Latif, the red-eyed Janissary said to Sheikh Fahd, who is still questioning the unfortunate Eternal. The interrogation had gone on for fifteen minutes, but to the rest of the Janissaries, it felt like fifteen years.

"I am just done with this funny stallion here, and I have all the information that I need. Let's leave." His victim is now a wreck, and it appears that his victim is no longer able to function anymore as a stallion. It seems that there are a few cuts on the throat of the stallion, but none of them deep nor fatal to kill the stallion. Sheikh Fahd finally understood what is going on, and for that he will have to make some new preparations for the inevitable. For now he must escape, less he too will be killed. With a single slash, the Eternal throat is slit in cold blood.

May His blessings be upon us......., Sheikh Fahd whispered as he takes his leave.


"Alright I found it......"

Sheikh Abu Hamza is relieved that the incantation book is where it is the last time he saw it. The situation is tense and the darkness of the night only made the atmosphere even more dire. As he begin chanting the incantation, the round object in the center of the altar begins to grow larger and larger, glowing more radiant with every word. The Sheikh knew that they would not be able to hide their presence for long, but he must at least make the field large enough for the most important people to escape.

"Did y'all hear that?" Big Macintosh said tensely. Soon enough the sound of hooves could be heard outside the door, along with several murmurs and shouts.
"Looks like they found us." Nurse Redheart said, her voice is now laced with a hint of anxiety. The Janissaries are now preparing their jezzails and aiming for the door, waiting for the inevitable breach. Amanar rushes to the side of the Sheikh, his expression as cool as the night around them. As Amanar and Sheikh Abu Hamza converse in their language, Vinyl is already preparing a spell in her horn, ready to blast whatever it is that will come through those doors.

Despite their readiness, none of the equines and camels in the room are prepared for what is coming. The door is suddenly enveloped by a red glow, and the door immediately dissipated in a red mist. The thick mist soon gave way to a figure that everyone in the room recognized. An old gray regal stallion entered the room, and his all-seeing cold gray eyes pierced into the hearts of everyone in the room. As the mist dissapeared, several of the Eternals entered into the room, brandishing their swords.

"It is sad really that you all must give your live away tonight, but I will assure you it is for a greater Saddle Arabia....." The reedy voice of the Emir spoke in Equestrian, his voice echoing in the room. The reply of the Janissaries is a simple one; gunfire. However, the sorcery of the Emir is such that the bullets soon hovered in the air just inches away from the Emir and grinds to an immediate halt.

"No bucking way....." Vinyl said. That level of magic is only available to the most adept of unicorn and here this Saddle Arabian is doing it as if it is nothing but a minor nuisance.
"Well, I guess that I shall play with all of you a little...." Vinyl immediately felt a sudden magical pressure in the room and she knew what is coming at them.
"TAKE COVER!!!!!!!!" At the same time that Vinyl gave the warning, the bullets are now speeding back to them, enveloped by the magic of the Emir. Stunned by the sudden warning, Fatimah froze on the spot, causing her father to immediately leap towards her and embraced her in his arms before falling down on the ground.

Big Macintosh immediately pulled Nurse Redheart down on the ground, while the head Janissary could only hide behind a pillar and Vinyl bend backwards and waving her hooves in the air, dodging all the bullets in the most miraculous way possible. However, most of the other Janissaries are not as fortunate and many of then are slain or are badly injured by the incoming projectiles. Some of the bullets ricochet off the orb and also the walls and pillars causing even more pandemonium in the room. Some of the Eternals were also slain outright or injured by the stray projectiles.

Sheikh Abu Hamza immediately checked upon his daughter, and sigh a breath of relief when he found out that she is alright. As Fatimah stared at her father with shock, the Sheikh could only give his daughter a smile. It was then that he noticed several red drops falling upon his daughter's clothing. Immediately he could feel a sudden pain in his chest, and he looked down upon his body and he noticed several deep stains of red on his clothing and realized that he had been shot. Bleeding from his injuries, he could see that he could only bring down the group and even with Nurse Redheart's medical abilities he knew that he is indeed a lost cause. As the Eternals stormed the room, Sheikh Abu Hamza did the only thing he could.

"Everyone, step on that altar now! Hurry we have no time!" Sheikh Abu Hamza then shoves his daughter towards Big Macintosh's arms, coughing blood as he did so. Soon enough everyone ran up towards the altar, all except Abu Hamza. Fatimah could only look at her father with the utmost confusion and utter fear from said confusion.
"Daddy?" The filly is now looking at her father, unsure and wanting him to comfort her. However the stallion could only look at Fatimah with eyes filled with regret and sorrow.
"Stop giving me that look Fatimah........It does not suit a child of the throne." the Sheikh then chanted something, and before long the altar started to glow with an intense green light. Once the light dissipated, Big Macintosh, Nurse Redheart, Vinyl, Fatimah and Amanar were surrounded by a green orb. It was then that Big Macintosh realized that something is wrong. Sheikh Abu Hamza is outside the orb with his back facing them, and Big Macintosh tried to extend his foreleg towards the stallion but the orb stopped his hooves from exiting the orb.

"What the hay is this? Let us out this instant! Ya need help!" Big Macintosh cried out loud.The red stallion could see that evenn more of the Eternals are now surrounding the orb, poised to strike as soon as there is an opening.
"Once activated, the occupants could not get out until the orb propels them away. The orb needs to be activated from the outside...." The Sheikh slowly rises up, and immediately coughed out blood upon the floor, staining it with a crimson red. The little filly is now shocked to see her father in this state, but her shock had caught her tongue.
"Ya can't do this to us, you bloody fool! Don't ya act all high'n mighty with this..."
"We have our responsibilities, and you have yours! If we're left without anyone to carry out our hopes, we are done for! Why can't you understand this?" Sheikh Abu Hamza shouted at the red stallion for the first time, stunning the red stallion into silence.

The little filly, realizing that her father is not in the orb with is now banging at the energy field that is now separating her from her father. The little filly started panicking as she bangs as hard, trying to break it so that her father may enter into the field with them. However, Vinyl knows that only the strongest magic could break this shield, and she could only look away as she could not stomach this moment. The Sheikh turned his head around to look at his daughter, but at the same time not dropping his guard against the Eternals.

"You're leaving your father but you will not be alone........" The Sheikh said solemnly at his daughter, betraying none of the pain from his injuries.
"Daddy! Daddy!" The filly screamed and screamed, but unfortunately for the filly her screaming did nothing to help the situation.

The Sheikh continued on talking, but the filly would not listen to what her father have to say to her. Both father and daughter are now speaking in Saddle Arabian to each other. Nurse Redheart's tears started flowing as she saw the scene unfolding before her eyes. Her ears started to instinctively listen to the little filly's cries and the final message of the Sheikh to his daughter. She now wished that she could not speak nor understand Saddle Arabian for this is just too much for her heart.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Although our ...*cough*......time as....*cough*..... father and daughter may be short...." The stallion speaks, the blood splattering upon the force shield from his mouth as his injuries finally taking a toll on his body.
"No daddy no.....no...." The little filly is now crying, with her mucous coming our from her nose watching her bleeding father talking to her. The pain of not being able to do anything to help her father is the greatest pain that she had ever experienced in her life.
"But I feel very fortunate to be your father......" Sheikh Abu Hamza's eyes started to become rather glass-like and hazy as he continued on speaking. He did not have long to live.
"Daddy I don't want to go, I don't want to!"
"My daughter, I have nothing I can give but this chance that you may live.....*cough*....I pray we will meet again, if He will deliver us....."The Sheikh is now looking at his daughter proudly, but Fatimah could only scream and shout from within the shield, banging her hooves on the shield. Big Macintosh is now looking at the Sheikh in the eye, and immediately recognize a look that says one word; Take care of my daughter for me. The red farmpony could only nod despite the pain in his heart.
"Daddy!!!!!"
"Mother Gale, send these children of the Earth to a place of hope and salvation and protect them from the harms that would come to them......" Sheikh Abu Hamza chanted an incantation, causing gusting winds to surround the orb. As Fatimah cried out to her father, the injured stallion gives a final smile before the orb launches itself away from the palace with haste.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seeing that his daughter is in safe hands, he then turned to the immediate problem at hand. The Eternals surrounded the stallion, and the Emir is now watching the situation calmly. Surprisingly, none of the intruders are willing to go near the stallion despite his mortal wounds. The stallion is now looking at them with a smile on his face, a smile that unnerved the soldier-fanatics.

"The seeds have flown.....we have succeeded. We can't leave Saddle Arabia, or this world, in the hands of you bastards." It was then that the stallion takes a round object with a weird string at the end of it and scrapes his hooves on the string, lighting it up. Sheikh Abu Hamza bin Mohammad Hishamudin of the Remal al-Sahra Al-Khayl clan, The Custodian of Al-Barna, could only smile as a bright light envelops the place.


Big Macintosh, Nurse Redheart, Vinyl Scratch, Amanar and Fatimah could only watch as a large explosion envelops the place where they had just launched and causing the collapse of a small part of the palace. The bricks of shattered marble propelled violently from the explosion as the dust started to settle like a descending fog. All but one of them are unable to express their shock and realization of what the Sheikh did. The only one that could express her shock howled out in such heart-wrenching anguish and pain that it tore the soul of all adults in the orb, their hearts darkened instantly.


The purging of the castle is as ruthless as it is systematic. The cries of the murdered are contained within the castle, with their blood staining the white marble floor. Official history would call this the 'Red Night' and the mass murder is blamed upon secessionist infiltrators entering into the castle and murdering the Council of Elders, culminating in a bomb blast in the castle itself. Emir Shaddam, who was lightly injured in the incident, then proceed to declare a state of emergency the next day throughout the whole of Saddle Arabia to rid Saddle Arabia of the secessionists, plunging the nation into further chaos. As equines battle among themselves, the fate of Saddle Arabia falls silently upon our intrepid heroes.