• Published 27th Feb 2013
  • 3,921 Views, 151 Comments

Macintosh of Arabia - Crisis_Vyper



Big Macintosh......a simple pony managing a fairly simple family business. But when this order of business brought him to the dunes of Saddle Arabia where the laws of the land are utterly foreign to him. As things gets from bad to worse, who could he

  • ...
4
 151
 3,921

Takeover

The Emir watches his city from his room with vacant eyes, and everything would have been uneventful save for the fact that a glowing symbol behind his neck flashing with a great intensity that it lighted up the room. Once the glowing stopped, the Emir walked towards the door to get one of his servants to call for the Vizier. The servant did the commands of his leader without even thinking about it and rushes forward to find the Vizier. The Emir could only look at the servant walking away with glazed eyes.

Before long, the Vizier soon graced the Emir with his presence and the Emir gave the Vizier a slight acknowledgement. Immediately after the doors behind them are closed, the vizier is kneeling down before the Emir, ready to receive the Emir's order. However unlike any other meeting, this meeting has a rather ominous atmosphere to it which is lost on both participants of the meeting. The Emir looked upon his adviser, his eyes devoid of any life in them.

"My Vizier, I have asked you to be in my presence for a reason."
"Yes Milord. What is it that you wished?"
"I called you here because.........." ITt was then that the eyes of the Emir started to come back to life, and the Vizier, failing to detect the difference, looked upon his ruler with expectant eyes.
"Wait.......why did I call you here?" Now the Emir realized that something odd is going on, but he have not a clue as to what is going on.
"To be exact, I called both of you here today......" The unnaturally affable voice responded out of nowhere, as serene and dark as the deepest abyss. Its serpentine voice has the elements of both a mare and a stallion speaking at once, which surprised and shocked the stallion. The third voice sounds like the voice in his mind, but it is not. As he looked around with his weary eyes, he could only wonder where is the owner of such a voice. To make it even more surprising, the Vizier is not even responding to this sudden intrusion, instead having a nonchalant attitude about the voice.

It was then from the darkness that a form materializes. The Emir could initially see that it is a stallion, but then realized that the stallion has a rather odd structure to it. However upon closer observation, the stallion appears to be kneeling down and as it stands up, the Emir is now facing an unnaturally tall equine of some sort. Clad in a striped headcloth with a serpent pointing out of it, the headcloth consist of jet black and blood red stripes that covers the whole crown and back of the head and nape of the neck, and had two large flaps which hung down behind the ears and in front of both shoulders. There is no denying that this figure projects an utterly overwhelming presence within the room. The being is now staring at the Emir with its pure white death mask, its two painted red eyes looking at the Emir with an unnatural amount of malice.

"What.....how...." The Emir is now shocked beyond compare as he could not believe that such a being could exist and in his chambers to begin with. What kind of figure broke through all the wardings meant to pprotect him? However the figure started chuckling.
"Your Vizier here is amazing in his job; his soul being a host for my presence." The figure walks towards the Vizier and caresses the chin of the Vizier with its monstrous appendage. The Emir could do nothing but to let the figure do as it pleases. The Figure then faces the Emir, its painted eyes giving the impression of glee.

"But his soul is too weak to support my presence for long, and he will fall."
"Why are you telling me this, demon?" The Emir now asked them figure without even a trace of fear. The figure could only laughed as he heard the Emir's question.
"Very simple actually; I want a listener. Now look into my eyes" Suddenly the Vizier collapsed, and the Emir immediately realized that the Vizier had passed away. What kind of being could leech away someone's life so carelessly and violently? The figure soon takes away his mask, and the last thing that the Emir saw is a monstrosity that is beyond the comprehension of any equine.


Amit is now looking outside his window, his impatience and anxiety almost unbearable. Ever since he infiltrated the capital with his other comrades they have not gotten any further instructions. His role is even more confusing as his role is not being a wolf in sheep's clothing as the majority of the infiltrators, but he is one of the select few that is forced to handle a particular item. He turns around to see the thing that he and several other of his brethren had brought into the capital. It is a large and odd cylinder, the black coal-like color of the object gives it an ominous presence in the room. His instructions are simple; erect it when the signal is given. But what is the signal? How will he know what he should do? What is the damn thing? These are some of the questions that the infiltrator asked himself, despite his commitment to the cause.

It was then that the infiltrator got his answer.

Red glowing lines started to appear throughout the entire rod-like object like wordings upon a seal and Amit immediately realized that this is the 'signal'. He immediately rushes towards the object and started to set it upright. As soon as he sets it up, he realized that his skin is slowly becoming more wrinkled and his body started to weaken significantly. Before long, his breath started to become labored and his vision blurring. Before he could even wonder what is going on, his vision is slowly fades away like little grains of sand until he could only see the dark abyss.


Although it was only for a split second, a red orb envelops the capital before dissipating into the night causing not even a single alarm of the unnatural phenomenon. However this is not lost upon the figure, who is now surrounded by the bodies of two of the most powerful stallions in Saddle Arabia. Floating above him is a single red orb, as deep and red as blood. A flash could be seen for a second, and the the faces of the Emir could be seen within the orb.

The figure could only laugh as the orb hovers around it and with a simple red glowing aura, the two bodies are gone and instead standing amidst the two orbs is the Emir Shaddam. His eyes glowed a menacing red before it returned to a pristine grey.Before long, the 'Emir' heard the sound of hooves knocking in a rather peculiar manner upon the doors of the bed chambers. With a simple wave of an arm, the Emir used some of his magic to open up the door and the Lord Eternal entered into the room. Immediately the Lord Eternal locked the door behind him.

"So it seems that you have succeeded Milord...." The Lord Eternal said as he noticed the orb floating around the 'Emir'. The Emir soon started laughing a little, but regained his composure immediately.
"Indeed, the ritual is completed and we are one step closer to our ideal world."
"So.....What are your orders, my Emir?" The Lord Eternal bows down to his overlord. The 'Emir' expressed a mock contemplation before answering the Lord Eternal.
"Well, as they say, we need to clean our house of the vermins. Call for the Council of Elders to meet me immediately."


The burly Sheikh Fahd could only breathed a sigh of relief as he walked down the corridors of the palace. He had just talked with Sheikh Bashir about a proposition to gain significant leverage against those that would oppose the Equestrian healer from meeting the Emir, and he managed to gain the support of the Sheikh in return for some favors and other materials. The Sheikh may lose out in the short run, but the benefits of the long run is worth the loss. It is then that he noticed that there is some weird noises not far from where he is. Usually he would not even bother with it, but an odd curiosity within the Sheikh caused him to walk towards the source of the commotion and figure out what is going on. As he walked towards the corner of the hallway, he expect that some guards or something are slacking off in their job in the palace.

However, the Sheikh found himself staring down upon a scene of carnage. Several of the guards are down upon the floor, their throats slit while the Eternals are dragging the bodies away to be hidden, causing a very bloody trail as the bodies are dragged away. It was then that the Sheikh realized that the perpetrators of this crime have noticed his presence, and without even letting them have the chance to do anything, he started galloping away. The Sheikh soon realized that there are several other hoovesteps now following him in haste, and the Sheikh knew that if he stops he would be murdered like those guards.


Not this again.....

Once again, the red stallion is back among the vast ocean of apple trees of Sweet Apple Acres. However this time he realized that the leaves are withering, each leaf in shades of brown, red and yellow. It seems that it is autumn, but the skies are dark and gloomy, giving the farm an ominous atmosphere. Soon enough he could hear a stranger's voice coming from where the farm is located. As Big Macintosh slowly walks towards the direction of the farm, he could see that the landscape slowly changes from the forest of apple trees to that of pikes and weapons stuck upon the ground. Before long, he realized that he is now in the middle of a battleground and to his horror he could see that the farm is almost razed to the ground, and there are a multitude of skulls and bones surrounding the farm.

What in tarnation?

The stallion asked himself, shocked to see such carnage in Sweet Apple Acres. It was not long before his eyes soon pay attention to a rather graceful Equestrian pegasus mare standing among the piles of bones and weapons. She has a rather monochromatic coat and mane of grey, but her transluscent emerald-green eyes stared at Big Macintosh like a dagger to his heart, piercing him with both great kindness and also great sorrow. She soon sheds a tear, and immediately Big Macintosh felt a rather great burden upon his shoulders and also his heart.

What is with this mare?

Big Macintosh could only wonder what is going on as his hooves compelled him to walk closer to the mare, even though he knows that this mare is a whole lot of trouble. Upon closer inspection, he realized that if it were not for the color and wings, the mare does remind him of his own mother. Perhaps his body felt that he needs to be closer to her, but his mind is resisting to the best of his ability.

Fear not, red stallion for I seek no harm. I am here to warn you that things unforeseen are now foreseen and you must prepare to be fire of hope.....

Her voice reminds Big Macintosh of a cross between Princess Celestia's own regal voice with the timbre of Fluttershy's own soft tones. However that is not the main question in the red farmpony's mind as it appears that her voice is projecting itself into his mind like that of his own thoughts. It is unnerving as it is rude to the stallion as he does not appreciate the intrusion.

Wait a minute Ma'am Ah don't get what ya mean by tha....

Before Big Macintosh could even finish his words, a sudden lunge pulled him away from the battle-torn farm and the mysterious mare.....


Big Macintosh wakes up to the sound of the doors frantically banging on their sleeping quarters, and soon enough as he is walking out to the door to see what the commotion is all about, he was greeted by several of the Janissary bodyguards all armed with their odd long-barreled weapons, Nurse Redheart, who is rubbing her eyes, and Sheikh Abu Hamza with a scimitar at the read. To the surprise of Big Macintosh, he could see that Nurse Redheart is in a rather attractive sleeping gown. It was then that one of the Janissary opened the door and the Janissary started talking to the person at the door. Once the conversation is over, the Janissary closed the door and started to speak to the Sheikh in their foreign tongue.

"What's going on?" Nurse Redheart said lazily.
"We are all summoned to the Council of Elders this instant." It was then that Vinyl walked out, with glazed magenta eyes and looked at everyone. Everyone looked back at her and soon enough there is a rather awkward silence.

"Breakfast fun time yet?" Vinyl said sleepily.


Nurse Redheart, Vinyl, Sheikh Abu Hamza and some of the Janissary bodyguards are soon walking towards the council chambers. Most of them are half-awake, especially Vinyl who is essentially just sleepwalking muttering something about 'candies and full metal panic' while she is walking to the council chambers with them. Amazingly how she could remain in such a state is beyond the nurse mare's comprehension and why is Vinyl even following them is not clear to all of them, but they have failed in waking her up entirely or to force her to stay in bed. Fatimah and the other Janissary bodyguards however remained in the room, and with that the small entourage went on ahead to this very odd meeting in the middle of the night.

Soon enough they entered into the chambers and realized that they are not the only ones that are woken up rudely in the middle of the night, and Big Macintosh and Sheikh Abu Hamza are once again within the 'graceful' presence of the court, ready to go about their business of sucking up and fighting against the other Sheikhs and ministers of the court. Whatever it is that will happen in this room, it will once again end in a stalemate but any headway that could be achieved today is a victory for the Sheikh.

"Ya think that there would be some big thin' goin' on right now?" Big Macintosh asked the Sheikh in a rather jesting mannner, albeit a sarcastic one.
"Well I do not think so. Only thing that would make this whole situation change is the presence of the Emir, which is highly....." Big Macintosh was expecting the Sheikh to end his words, but then he realized that the light brown Sheikh is now looking at the entrance as if he just saw Princess Celestia coming into the room.

But then Big Macintosh notices that the other stallions within the room also had that same expression as his benefactor and it was then that Big Macintosh turns around to see the source that stunned them. Entering the room, flanked by several Eternals is a frail whitish-gray stallion with a white mane and mustache wearing a simple white robe. Nonetheless the other Sheikhs and ministers within the room realized who this stallion is and immediately bowed in respect to the old stallion. Before long, Sheikh Abu Hamza also bowed to this figure, and Big Macintosh followed them. Immediately, Big Macintosh realized that the Emir of Saddle Arabia had just graced the room with his presence.

Big Macintosh is quite surprised by the appearance of the leader of Saddle Arabia, as he was expecting someone more pompous and regal, like that of Princess Celestia and Princess Luna. But right before his eyes is a very old and frail Saddle Arabian like that of Granny Smith walking slowly towards the throne. As soon as the stallion sat on the throne, everyone stopped bowing. Before long, the Emir started speaking in Saddle Arabian, and Big Macintosh turns to Nurse Redheart hoping that she would translate what the Emir have to say. Sensing Big Macintosh's quizzical glance, Nurse Redheart nods and started listening.

"I am here tonight ...." Nurse Redheart speaks at about the same time as the Emir, word for word, " for the declaration of a decree; The Council of Elders shall be dissolved today without exceptions....." It was then that the white mare's translation is interrupted.
"What on earth...." Sheikh Abu Hamza said and immediately paused as the Emir continued on talking. This caused a lot of the Sheikhs and ministers to gasp in shock while Big Macintosh just looks at Sheikh Abu Hamza with a sense of confusion. Nurse Redheart is also silent now as she tries to comprehend the magnitude of this decree.

Big Macintosh soon realized that a lot of the stallions are now pale, and even Sheikh Abu Hamza looked agitated. He also noticed that all the Eternals in the room are now brandishing their weapons and the Janissary bodyguards are already wielding their weapons. He then turned on to the now silent Nurse Redheart, wondering what is going on now. If the stallions are pale, then Nurse Redheart would be almost ghost-like as the blood left her already fair face.

"What the hay did he just say?" Big Macintosh said with a great amount of anxiety in his voice.
"He just ordered our arrest. All of us."