• Published 14th Apr 2013
  • 1,199 Views, 7 Comments

The Lost Princess - blackrosedarkness



What if Princess Twilight wasn't who we thought she was?

  • ...
2
 7
 1,199

Chapter 3

Mystica smiled, "Luna. Are you not happy to see your sister after over two-thousand years?"

Luna shook her head, "No, no. I am delighted, honestly. I just... need to have a word with Tia real quick." Luna pulled Celestia into the hallway, closing the bedroom door behind her. She spoke in a hushed tone, "Are you crazy, Tia?! You not only brought back Mystica, but destroyed the soul of your best student in the process?!"

Celestia brushed her sister's words away, "No I'm not. I simply felt it was time to truly complete the circle of princesses again and stop living in the past. She is our sister, after all. Be a little kinder."

Luna felt like banging her head against a wall. She couldn't believe what her sister was saying! "What about everything you said about Twilight Sparkle? You said she was being trained to become a princess, not that you were training her so you could rip out her soul!"

Celestia replied, "I know, and I did make her a princess. Twilight should be proud."

Luna was furious, "Proud? Proud?! Are you saying Twilight should be proud of the fact that the pony that was like a second mother to her betrayed her and destroyed her soul just so you could bring back a sister that we went through so much to get rid of?!

Celestia turned and walked down the hallway, "I think you should give Mystica a chance." Celestia looked over her shoulder at her younger sister, "We all tried when you returned, after all."

Luna hung her head and looked back at Mystica's door, "I'd give her a chance. If I knew I could."

Twilight watched through Mystica's eyes and listened through her ears. Mystica was looking through collections of old spell books, "Now, where did they put all my old work? I need to finish those spells immediately if I'm to regain any of my power from before." Mystica pulled spellbook after spellbook off the shelves until she stopped at one. A large leather bound book with an image similar to Twilight's cutie mark, but with tiny red stars surrounding a bright silver one instead of silver stars surrounding a pink one. Twilight studied the book cover and looked at her own cutie mark, "What is going on here? I wonder..."

Mystica held the book as if it could turn to ashes any moment, "Ah, my old journal. How I missed you so. At least you still exist, unlike the rest of my history." Mystica's horn glowed a slightly darker magenta than Twilight's. She flipped through the age-worn pages of the book, "Where is it? Ah ha!" The pages stopped turning as Mystica placed her hoof on the page, "A time-retrieval spell. I can use this to retrieve my powers from two-thousand years ago." She placed a hoof on her chin, "Hmm... It will take some time to prepare, though. No matter. With no one to stop me, I have all the time in the world."

Twilight gasped, "Time-retrieval? I've never even heard of such a spell! Just who are you, Mystica? And what are you planning?"

Meanwhile, back in Ponyville, Pinkie was explaining her latest "Pinkie Sense" feeling to the group. "And as we were leaving the castle, my hoof got all tingly-twitchy. At first I thought 'no, that can't be right', but then I remembered 'Pinkie Sense has never failed before so it must be right' and then I looked up at the castle and saw a pony that looked kinda like Twilight, but she didn't at the same time and-"

Applejack put a hoof over Pinkie's mouth, "Now Pinkie, I need you to calm down and tell us what the twitchy-tingly means."

Pinkie pushed Applejack's hoof aside, "It's tingly-twitchy, not twitchy-tingly. Twitchy-tingly is something completely different. But that tingly-twitchy means that Twilight is trying to tell us something."

Rainbow asked, "And just how do you know that?"

Pinkie explained, "Well, my Pinkie Sense is partly rooted in the spirit dimension! OoOooOooo..." Pinkie waved her forelegs in a spooky fashion, "And Twilight is unknowingly sending me messages through the spirit dimension. Because if she knew she was sending them they would come out as actual sentences instead of just a jumble mess of words. But basically, Twilight want's to warn us about a possible danger of some sort. But that's all I know."

Rarity exclaimed, "Danger?! Oh I hope she's not hurt! What are we going to do?"

Applejack removed her hat, "I'm afraid I don't know, sugar. I just don't know."

Author's Note:

So here's how I decided updates will work. I will update as much as possible when I have access to an actual computer, as the one I have at home does not work. So that means sometimes you get one chapter, sometimes you get five. Somtimes you get them two days apart, sometimes two weeks apart. But until I get my computer working, that's just how things will have to be. Oh, and thank you so much for taking time to read this. I really appreciate it. Again, your advice and criticism is greatly appreciated.

Until next chapter
~blackrosedarkness