• Published 14th Apr 2013
  • 1,199 Views, 7 Comments

The Lost Princess - blackrosedarkness



What if Princess Twilight wasn't who we thought she was?

  • ...
2
 7
 1,199

Chapter 2

Canterlot Castle was composed of three main wings. The Solar Wing, which was where Celestia spent the majority of her time, the Lunar Wing, which was for Luna, and the Magic Wing, which was where Mystica had lived prior to her "disappearance". Celestia found herself in one of the gardens between her main wing and Luna's. She was preparing to lower the sun on yet another day. She watched as the golden fireball changed to a light orange and finally to an almost red, contemplating how to break the news to Luna that their lost sister had returned. The princess of the night had been away on royal business since the coronation. And things were so busy, Celestia wasn't able to bring it up. But Luna was set to return home tonight, and Celestia waited for her in the garden as the moon slowly took it's place in the sky.

Princess Luna arrived back at the castle shortly after her moon had risen into the nighttime sky. Upon arrival she noticed her elder sister wandering the gardens and decided to pay her a visit. Luna landed next to her sister and smiled, "It is good to see you after so many days, Sister."

Celestia smiled, "At least it was only a few days and not a thousand years." Celestia's gaze shifted to her and Luna's reflections in the small pond in front of them, "Do you remember Twilight Sparkle's coronation?"

Luna nodded, "Yes. I had to leave early so I could make it to the Dragonian Provinces in time. What about it?"

Celestia sighed, "Well, the princess we coronated wasn't Twilight Sparkle."

Luna looked at her sister, "What do you mean?"

Celestia walked toward the Magic Wing, "Let me show you."

Moments later, the two alicorns were standing in front of the bedchambers contained in the Magic Wing. Celestia knocked on the door. Mystica answered, "Enter." Luna turned a paler shade of blue. The voice she heard on the other side of the door, should not have been there. Celestia and Luna entered the room. Inside was an alicorn who looked like Twilight Sparkle, but with minor differences. Her eyes shone a brilliant crimson and her mane and tail had changed to a dark fuchsia with stripes of light pink. Her hair now waved and curled instead of being straight and flat against her neck. The only things that remained the same were the cutie mark and lavender coat.

Mystica turned to see who had entered her room, "Ah, Celestia and Luna! Good to see you my sisters."

Luna forced a smile upon seeing their long forgotten sibling, "Good..to see you..too, Mystica."

Twilight Sparkle wandered the dark world searching for anything that provided useful information. So far she had gathered that a small part of her soul had remained in her body, but was stuck without any control. The soul that had been placed in her body was that of Mystica, a supposed relative of Celestia and Luna that was never mentioned in any of her history books. Twilight also knew that she was fully able to see and hear anything Mystica could, but other than that she knew nothing that could help her escape and reclaim her body or even tell her friends what had happened. She was trapped inside herself.

Author's Note:

Two chapters in one day. That's actually quite the accomplishment for me. I'm sorry if you don't like short chapters, but most of these will actually be kinda short with a longer one here and there. That's just how I'm used to writing. Maybe someday I can get into a habit of writing longer chapters, or maybe not. We'll cross that bridge when we get to it. ^v^

Until next chapter
~blackrosedarkness