• Published 14th Apr 2013
  • 1,199 Views, 7 Comments

The Lost Princess - blackrosedarkness



What if Princess Twilight wasn't who we thought she was?

  • ...
2
 7
 1,199

Prologue

~The Power of a Princess~

Prologue

Twilight looked around the glowing hall as memories from her past flew by, "Wow. This is amazing, but, Princess? What does it all mean?"

Celestia looked at her long time student and smiled, "It is your memories passing before you. Your memories of a time before the completion of Equestria's royalty."

Twilight seemed confused, "Wha-what?" Celestia's horn glowed a dull pink instead of it's normal gold, "It's time to accept you destiny, Twilight Sparkle."

Twilight felt herself become covered in a burning pink light. What she thought would be a gentle, caressing glow, ended up being a harsh and painful burn. Twilight screamed in agony, "Princess! Princess Celestia! Stop! It hurts!" But the spell continued. Twilight felt ready to pass out, "Celestia, please!"

But the princess just watched Twilight squirm, "This was meant to be Twilight. Your soul will soon be replaced and the years of training will have paid off. It took me a thousand years to get a suitable vessel, and you were perfect. It's such a shame you have to die, you made great company."

Twilight couldn't believe her ears. Her soul replaced? A perfect vessel? What was Celestia talking about? Before Twilight could ask any of the questions bouncing around her head, she let out one final agonizing blood-curtling scream before everything tuned black.

Twilight's body stood up and her eyes opened, revealing dark red irises in place of Twilight's purple ones. Celestia smiled, "Welcome home, Mystica."

Mystica smiled and laughed, "It is good to be home, sister. Thank you for finding a body to hold me. Tell me, how have things been?"

Celestia laughed, "Things have been wonderful. But first we must take care of something before you can resume your rule alongside me and Luna." And with that, the world of Twilight's memories disappeared.

Author's Note:

Wow. I never thought I'd get around to writing this, considering the computer problems I've been having. Anyway, thanks for reading my first try at a My Little Pony fic. I got the idea shortly before the finale premiered and everyone freaked out thinking Twilight would never be the same. (Don't get me wrong, I love Twilicorn. Honestly) And I thought, "Well what if they were right and Twilight did change?" And so The Power of a Princess was born. I greatly appreciate any help that can be offered on how to improve this story. Please and thank you.