• Published 23rd Feb 2013
  • 410 Views, 11 Comments

Flaris the Pegasus - DPheonix



When Flaris crashed he saw it as a failure. He needs to get back to Canterlot to complete his military training. But does he really want to?

  • ...
12
 11
 410

chapter 1

His eyes were sore but he couldn't wipe the dust out. His black mane blowing backwards from sheer speed. He wove through the trees he had found himself among.
His vision was blurry as he came out of the orchard. He hadn't blinked since he'd been teleported and he would have normally just flown over. "But thats not part of the test." he thought "I have to stay at max 5 feet off the ground."
by now he was rocketing through the town at high speeds and it was taking every bit of his flying skill to dodge the ponies on the ground. "I bet that the others got nice flat grasslands. Well i guess that's because I'm their most promising..." Flaris opened his eyes, his vision not as blurry as before.
Realizing his mistake too late as he met with the window breaking through barreling over one surprised lavender pony before slamming back first into a shelf of books knocking them all off their shelves. As he hit the ground and the books started to land on him. "Cra...." his thought cancelled as a particularly heavy encyclopedia hit his head knocking him out cold.

...

Flaris woke refusing to open his eyes. "I hope he's alright." He opened his right eye a sliver to see the cutest looking mare he had ever seen looking at a clock nervously.
He closed his eyes again and groaned. "I died, didn't I. Dammit I haven't even written a will yet."
He opened his eye slightly as he heard the mare leave. "Maybe. If I'm not dead. Then I could still make the deadline." He shook his hoof as fast as he could and sighed. "No the deadline would already be passed. And besides his wings hurt to much to fly. It's totally not because I like the mare. Even if she was so cute. Dammit I need to get back to Canterlot. I can't get distracted because I want to spend time with the cutest mare ever. I need to get back and to succeed. Celestia herself is relying on this program working." Flaris turned himself over and looked at the old bookshelves beside him.
The first book he saw stood out to him. Snow mare "I've never read this. Maybe I should."
"Maybe we should take him to the hospital." said an unfamiliar voice
"I suppose we should." the pony which Flaris recognized as the lavender mare was walking in He closed his eyes and dropped the book letting it hit the floor
"Huh. What? A book. It opened itself when it hit the ground." said the mare.
"Hey maybe you should do what it says in the book." said the unknown voice.
Flaris heard a gulp "Hope he doesn't mind strangers." said the lavender mare as she leaned in and kissed him. Flaris eyes opened to look at the mare before he fainted with a wide grin on his face.

...

When he came to again he saw a mare glowing red from both anger and embarrassment "How long were you awake and just pretending?" she asked.
"Uhhh.. About an hour maybe," he said nervously. "Well do you know what you've done?" she asked angrily
"damn straight. I just got a kiss from the cutest mare around." A stupid grin appeared on the his face as the mare blushed making her even redder. "Look I'm sorry about that. I wasn't exactly expecting those results." Flaris continued "I haven't exactly read that book."
"What! You've never read snow mare?" she exclaimed. "Well I guess that maybe I can forgive you." Flaris laughed "Sorry. The kiss thing did wake me up I guess."
the lavender mare giggled "I guess it did."
"Even her laugh is cute!" He thought "I was expecting you to read it to me. Hey I don't know ya name yet."
"Twilight Sparkle." she replied.
"Well Twilight nice to meet you. I'm Flaris." he got up and looked at himself in the mirror as he checked himself over. He was relatively unscathed his black mane and orange coat were messy but not covered in blood his hetrochromic eyes, one blue. One green, were sheepish but not blood shot. There was a bump on his head but when he looked at his wings his spirits fell. They were wrapped in bandages keeping them trapped against his body. "Uggh." He moaned.
"Whats wrong?" asked Twilight.
"I'm supposed to be at Canterlot right now. I've failed the test." Flaris bowed his head as his ears flattened
"Mind if I ask what test?"
Flaris just sighed. "I guess I have to tell you. I owe you that. I'm apart of a secret program run by Princess Celestia that is designed to make an elite unit of pegasi using enchantments."
"But couldn't that kill you?" Twilight cut in.
"Yes. But we signed up for it. Most of us had no families or friends. Some of us had lost them. Others never had them." Flaris continued, "There's about six of us left. And we each have a different kind of enchantment skill."
"What was yours?" asked Twilight.
"Flame manipulation. I've got to get back to Canterlot. They are probably waiting on me." Flaris stepped to go outside but Twilight held him back. "WAIT! Uh i mean maybe I uh should show you around."
"Sure i could do with some procrastination." Flaris laughed.

Author's Note:

ok authors notes. well actually no lets do acknowledgements or something. I would just like to thank PuddingNPie for helping me edit this story and being able to put up with the intal stages of horrid spelling that comes with speed writing. and not having a spell-check on my writing device.i would also like to thank you the reader for reading this story.