• Published 23rd Feb 2013
  • 6,075 Views, 41 Comments

The Doctor Whooves Chronicles Episode 1: Derpy - Doctor Perseus



Following an accident with the TARDIS, the Doctor finds himself in a strange universe with a new body that he didn't gain from regeneration. Meanwhile, a pegasus named Derpy is unaware that her life is about to change forever.

  • ...
3
 41
 6,075

Prologue: A Not-So-Close End

The Doctor Whooves Chronicles: Episode 1

Derpy

Prologue: A Not-So-Close End

Earth, 2012 A.D.

The Doctor looked out upon the evening Manhattan skyline. It had been a long time since he had visited early 21st century New York. The TARDIS was currently parked in the middle of a cemetery in Queens. It was certainly an odd place to pick to think over one's thoughts, but the Doctor had been drawn to this cemetery for unknown reasons. He had already spent an hour there, thinking over what had just happened.

"Adelaide," the Doctor said under his breath as he thought of the brave space pioneer who took her own life to keep history, and the Doctor himself, in check. He quickly pushed Adelaide Brooke away from his current mindset. He didn't like looking back. He then thought of Ood Sigma. The thought of the ominous ood only made the Doctor slightly fearful. Was the end truly near? It couldn't be. After all he'd done, all he'd fought for, all of the strength he'd tirelessly wasted...it still wasn't enough. His song was ending. The tenth would fall and then...uncertainty. The Doctor stood up and was about to go back into the TARDIS when he noticed somebody walking towards him. It was a man with long dark hair, green eyes, a brown tweed jacket, a dress shirt, navy-blue trousers, and a red bow tie. He appeared to have more on his mind than the Doctor. "Evening."

"Oh yes...good evening to you," said the man. The Doctor identified the man as being English from his accent. The Doctor also could tell that the man was slightly, if not incredibly, depressed.

"Got something on your mind, I see."

"Don't we all?" The man fixed his bow tie before turning around and looking out upon the cemetery before him. "So, who have you come to see?"

"No one. I just came here to think."

"Really? Odd place for a thinking circle, if I do say so myself."

"I agree. There was just...something about this place that made me want to come here." The Doctor turned to look at the man. "Who have you come to see?"

"Some old friends that I used to travel around with. I came back here to say my final goodbyes for...I won't be returning here ever again."

"Are you going away?"

"You could say that. I'm retiring. I've had enough traveling and...I just want to be left alone."

"Don't we all, sometimes?"

"I guess so. But, before I retire away, I have to do one last favor that my friend asked of me before her...passing." The Doctor was curious but he didn't want to ask. He could tell that the favor was a personal thing between the man and his friend. "Go on, you can ask."

"What would this favor be?"

"I have to go and visit a young Pond."

"A young pond?"

"Yes, and I think that's all you need to know for now."

"For now?"

"Oh yes. I have a...feeling that we'll meet again someday, sir." The man extended his hand. "Until that day comes." The Doctor was slightly confused but he played along and shook the man's hand.

"Looking forward to it."

"I can tell that you have a lot on your proverbial plate at the moment."

"You could say that."

"Well, like I always said to my friends, chin up! There's a whole new world out there for you to explore! It's best to enjoy it...before you stop caring about it." The man nodded politely at the Doctor, turned around, and began walking away. The man came to a stop a few feet away and turned around. "One last question."

"Ask away, I guess."

"How do you feel about muffins?"

"I like them."

"Word of advice, grow to love them. Trust me, I see a fair amount of muffins in your future." Before the Doctor could ask anything, the man turned around and ran off towards the exit of the cemetery. The Doctor shrugged his shoulders before turning around and walking back into the TARDIS.

"New York certainly draws in a lot of odd folk," the Doctor said to himself as he began working the controls. Just as the TARDIS began to dematerialize, the entire ship shook violently. The Doctor nearly fell to the floor as the TARDIS proceeded to lean left and right. It felt as if something were pulling on the TARDIS. "What?! What?!" The Doctor tried to work the controls but his efforts proved fruitless. The TARDIS was out of control. A shower of sparks rained down from the ceiling and the sound of metal scraping against metal began reverberating throughout the ship. The Doctor screamed and fell to the floor as an intense pain swam through his body. The lights of the TARDIS flickered on and off as the Doctor felt his body begin to change. "Is...is this death?" The Doctor grew weak as the pain seemed to overtake him. His fingers and toes molded together, something protruded from his lower abdomen, his entire head began to morph like wet clay, and his bone structure began to be reorganized. Lights began flashing all throughout the interior of the TARDIS. The ship seemed to emanate a screaming sound as the sound of scraping metal continued. As the Doctor began to pass out from the pain in his body, a vision of Ood Sigma appeared before him.

"Your song will come to a close...but not today. The tenth is still needed," he said. Ood Sigma disappeared and the Doctor blacked out as the TARDIS continued to scream around him.

Gaia, 1002 C.E.

The stars in the night sky were brilliantly bright tonight. Derpy Hooves looked out her bedroom window with a cute smile on her face. The town of Ponyville had been quiet for some time now. It was probably because a lot of ponies were up in Canterlot celebrating the wedding of Shining Armor and Princess Cadance. Derpy would have gone but she decided to stay in Ponyville to take care of her sick roommate and best friend, Carrot Top.

"You should have gone to the wedding," said Carrot Top as she walked into the bedroom. Derpy turned away from the window and pouted.

"What are you doing out of bed?! You're still sick!" Derpy questioned.

"I'm not sick enough to the point where I can't walk."

"Still, you need your rest." Carrot Top smiled and laughed.

"I guess you're right. You're a good friend, Derpy, but you didn't have to do this for me."

"Of course I did! You're my best friend, and best friends take care of each other in times of need!"

"Sounds like some rule from the filly scouts."

"Don't diss the filly scouts! I was one when I was a filly!"

"And there's nothing wrong with that." Carrot Top suddenly fell silent. She walked over to the window and looked out at the stars in the sky. "It's a beautiful night."

"Yeah," Derpy replied. "It sure is."

"I wonder what the wedding's like," said Carrot Top with a sigh.

"Probably like any other wedding. I didn't even want to go anyway. It's not like anypony cares. I don't even know Twilight Sparkle on a personal level."

"It still would have been nice to have gone. If only I hadn't gotten sick."

"Don't blame yourself, Carrot Top! Things like this just happen."

"I know, but you of all ponies needs a little bit of fun and excitement in your life."

"Nah. I'm perfectly fine with my simple, quiet life as a mailpony in Ponyville." Suddenly, a bright flash of fiery light spread out through the sky. Something blue with a yellow tail of fire came spiraling out of the sky. "Look! A shooting star!"

"Quick! Make a wish!" The two mares clasped their hooves together and closed their eyes. Derpy made her wish and opened her eyes just in time to see the falling object crash in the middle of the Everfree Forest.

"Gee, it crashed pretty close to here," said Derpy.

"Let the animals in the Everfree Forest deal with it, then," said Carrot Top. "What'd you wish for?"

"A lifetime's supply of muffins!"

"You used your wish for that?"

"What? I really like muffins."

"Oh, Derpy."

"What'd you wish for, Carrot Top?" Carrot Top smiled at Derpy, giggled, and began walking to the door.

"Oh, I think you can guess what I wished for."

"No, I can't."

"You will. Goodnight." Carrot Top then walked through the doorway. Derpy chased after her and stuck her head out the open doorway.

"Come on, Carrot Top! You can't leave me hanging like this!" Derpy argued. Carrot Top laughed in reply as she walked into her room and closed the door behind her. Derpy smiled as she closed her own bedroom door. Before heading off to bed, she took one last look through her bedroom window. "I don't need adventure. I'm perfectly fine in quiet old Ponyville. Besides, it's not like adventure's going to come looking for me anytime soon." As the gray pegasus trudged off to bed, she was completely oblivious to how wrong she truly was.

Author's Note:

So, yeah, I've decided to write another Doctor Whooves series. I'd just like to note that I have NOT stopped working on my original series. I just got an idea for another way the Doctor Whooves story could be told and I decided to go along with it. This series will be much shorter than my main series. It starts off after "The Waters of Mars" in the Doctor Who cannon and during "A Canterlot Wedding" in the MLP cannon. I hope you all enjoy this other look at the story of Doctor Whooves! As is with all of my stories, compliments and/or constructive criticism are welcomed.