• Published 24th Feb 2013
  • 2,159 Views, 20 Comments

The Bull's horns - Onyxfire408



Something else happens when Applejack goes to the Canterlot Rodeo. Applejack X OC fic

  • ...
1
 20
 2,159

Chapter 4

Chapter 4 Once upon a Time

"Alright, let's get this over with." Whiplash stated as he gulped down the rest of his water.

"It all started like this, my sister Wooly Pin and I were only little when our parents died, they took a business trip to Marexico and on their trip back, their air ship crashed, no survivors. Like I stated before my sister and I were only little when it happened, I was a teenager and my sister was still a little filly about a little younger than Applebloom. We originally lived in Manehatten but after the incident, we lost money and eventually had to give up our home. We couldn't find any other place that we could call home until we eventually traveled to Dodge Junction, we got a new home and I got myself a job at an early age. I worked in a wine shop, not the best of pay but it gets us some food for the night. I got my sister the best education I could get, the school there wasn't great but decent. After a few weeks I recently discovered my talent for whips hence my cutie mark, it was due to a dare of seeing if I could hit some bottles with a whip. I wanted to buy myself a whip one day but I couldn't abandon my sister, so I sacrificed my personal needs including my education and the only thing that kept me going was her smiling at me.

"After a few more weeks of sacrificing I worked all day and all night, not stopping, barely any sleep, and letting my sister eating to her hearts content. I would do anything to protect her, until one night she felt ill. I asked her if she was okay but she told me these exact words every time 'Don't worry, I'll be fine.' and kept smiling at me. I loved it when she smiled, though it sometimes worries me, but she kept smiling for my sacrifices, skills, and work I have given to her. But when she fell ill I took action and brought her to the medical clinic in town, Dodge didn't have a hospital, only a nurse and some doctor with a bow tie, I had to admit it was a little cool, but he said he wasn't a real doctor. When I took my sister to see the doctor and his so called 'companion' neither the doctor nor his assistant could tell me what it was, a fever, a virus, a passing cold? Nopony knew what it was... but it soon became serious. Because the so called 'doctor' said that he vanished in a blue box and that his nurse companion stayed to look at the town. I had almost lost all hope.

"My sister was bed ridden, she was weak, she could barely move. Dodge wasn't the best place for a hospital, and the companion of the doctor was well only a nurse at her times, she only knew how to help relieve colds, and sore muscles. When her illness became serious, I had to take action and find extra jobs that I didn't want to do because the there was a medicine that said to heal all ills, but it costs a fortune. I cleaned bathroom stalls, clean up...twos if you know what I mean, steal, anything to get money to save my sister, stealing was the hard part because I got beat up every time I got caught. After I raised myself enough money for the medicine, I gave it to my sister, but like a fool, I believed in anything and the medicine didn't work. After a week, I kept working extra jobs to pay for the nurse's aid, she charged me for every visit which wasn't cheap. But the nurse told me the bad news about her after she told me what she had, she had cancer, and at a young age. There was nothing I could do, I sat down next to her on her death bed as she smiled at me. She told me to never stop smiling, no matter what the cause."

"It's okay sugar cube, you can stop now." Applejack said with a sad tone

"No, it had to come out one way or another. When she was on her bed, her eyes were weak with death and decay is it was almost her time. As she slowly passed, I took her death the hardest, I never slept. I was nearly thinking of suicide first, but thanks to Cherry Jubilee, she got me back up on my hooves. After my sister's death, I remained silent and smiled no matter what, whether I was bullied, robbed, or given bad news I smiled, for her. But when I went to clean up her room, I found a small box, it had this stetson, my whip Bully, and her will. She made Bully when she was dying, I cried all night in tears of joy and sorrow, sure it's heart warming but it still brought me sadness. She wrote that I sacrificed all my personal needs for her, she said that I shouldn't suffer, so she made a whip just for me. Eventually that whip became my cutie mark and I'v been living alone ever since, eventually I got into a rodeo 2 years ago and have been competing ever since." The stallion let out a deep sigh as he finished his story. "And that's ends my tale, I have to admit, it feels good to finally publish this fairy tale."

The ponies around him all had sad looks upon their faces as Whiplash chuckled to himself. "Don't worry, it's all in the past now."

"Ah just can't wow, Ah'm really sorry for your loss." Applejack mourned as she wrapped a hoof around her coltfriend.

"It's okay Jackie, like I said before it's all in the past."

Rainbow Dash peeked over at Whiplash's whip, it wasn't bully. "Hey Whip, what's with the new whip?"

"Oh...uh...yea it's a new whip, AJ napped my whip in two. So I built myself a new one, with an awesome feature."

"What happened to your old whip?" Asked Twilight

"Well...Applejack slashed down and it snapped, guess because it was old." He lied as he brought out his new whip. "Come to think of it, I haven't even named him yet?"

"Well come now darling, give it a name." suggested Rarity as Whiplash scratched his chin.

"Welcome to the world Slasher."

"That's a nice name." Complimented Applejack. "Now C'mon, it's late and we gotta get up early for cider season.

"Alright hold up, I'll meet you a home later, just gotta finish my sandwich."

"Ahright sugar cube." And with that everypony went home as Whiplash stayed and enjoyed his sandwich. As the mares left Whiplash, a hoof tapped on his shoulder, whiplash turned to find Big Mac. He sat down next to him with an icy glare face Whiplash.

"Can I help you?" he asked as he narrowed his eyes ready for a revolution.

"I heard your story, Ah had no idea that you suffered and sacrificed so much just for your sister."

"Yea, don't worry about it, it's all in the past now." He said as he continued to eat his sandwich.

"Well let me just ask a few questions." The stallion cleared his through. "Do you like my sister?"

Whiplash gulped down what ever left of the sandwich he had and cleared his throat. "Yes...yes I do, she's pretty, she's tough, and she's amazing. She's always honest and she can be very seductive at some times."

"MMhmm, how did your whip really break."

The stallion let out a heavy sigh and he set down his sandwich. "Well when I left Ponyville, I had thought of suicide. I basically drowned myself by tying Bully to a piece of concrete. Applejack saved my life by chewing up my whip and giving me CPR." The stallion took a few more bites as Big Mac simply stared at him. "Anything else you want me to spill."

"Now hold on pardner let me say something. Something I think you were weak, and heartless, when I heard AB crying and that it was your fault I simply lost all my trust in you, but when she told me you took the blame you gain some trust from me. But now that I hear this story of yours, I was certain that you been through worse than I was when I was when I was younger, so...."

"You're giving me your blessing to ask out Jackie." Whiplash finished.

He rolled his eyes as he said... "Eeyup. Now Ah gotta go, got get ready for grinding the apples for cider."

"Thanks Big Mac, I'll see you later." The red stallion nodded as he made his way towards Sweet Apple Acres.

Author's Note:

And that's the chapter. Wondering what the dragon tooth is for? I'll tell you in the next chapter. Also sorry for the short chapter, but who's up for a fight scene next chapter?