• Published 27th Jan 2012
  • 1,904 Views, 49 Comments

A Long Journey Home - VashTheStampede



A journal of my adventures in Equestria, after arriving there quite unexpectedly.

  • ...
4
 49
 1,904

Entries 67-74

Entry #67
I managed to get my iPod running for a few moments, just enough to turn on, get to the lock screen, and die. That was a hell of a task – I had to concentrate on spinning the hard drive, moving energy through the circuits, and activating the screen. What broke my concentration was what the screen said.

April 26.

It’s my birthday.

I turned 17 in Equestria. In Ponyville. In a world inhabited by multi-colored ponies, who can fly, work magic, and have a history, a life, an entire society on Earth, that humanity never knew, or never will know, existed. Or maybe humans did, or do, or something, there is an interesting amount of evidence for humanity… perhaps humanity collapsed and when the ponies developed or appeared here they found remnants of our society. But then why the hell is everything 2-D?


Entry #68
Well then. That was a lot of fun. Day after my birthday now, but somehow Pinkie Pie found out that yesterday was my birthday, and ended up throwing me a surprise party. Games, dancing, bobbing for apples (at which AJ excelled), a big hug from everypony at the end. Heh, everypony. Used that without thinking. Gotta say, Pinkie knows how to throw a party. Then again I don’t have much to compare it against, I never really went to parties, but still, I had a wonderful time. But how did they know…? I guess I’ll ask Twi.


Entry #69
She’s been reading this. Every time I sleep, she reads what I’ve written for the past day. I’m a bit upset she didn’t ask, but not too upset because I would have said yes anyway. I’m a little bit concerned since she’s been writing letters to the Princess, likely with me included, but she denied including anything potentially embarrassing. Ah well. I’m a little mad, but I don’t particularly care.


Entry #70
Two shiny new faces entered the world this week – the Cakes’ twins. A young Pegasus colt named Pound Cake and a little filly unicorn named Pumpkin Cake. Which is a little odd, considering both parents are Earth Ponies. I’ll ask Twi later. They’re adorable, though.


Entry #71
Well that was a little awkward. I basically just got “the talk” from Twi. Shoulda seen that coming, though. Walked up and asked, “Where do foals come from?” Yeah. Brilliant, right? Anyway, they basically work like humans – normal reproduction between a male and female pony, of any of the three (well, technically four) races. Yes there’s the magic bit for homosexual couples, but Twi said most often it’s just normal. She also said that the Cakes having a unicorn and a Pegasus is unusual, but not impossible. If there’s any blood in the parents’ veins from another race, it’s possible for them to have a baby of that race. Pretty cool.


Entry #72
Ohboyherewego.jpg. Got roped into babysitting Applebloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo for one of their “Cutie Mark Crusaders Sleepover, YAY!” things. AJ had agreed to it previously, but she, Granny Smith, and Big Mac got called away on a business trip. Applejack said it’d be a good way to strengthen my relationship with them, and frankly, I have to agree. They’ll be over in a little while, they’re staying over in the barn tonight.


Entry #73
Well that was an interesting night, filled with shrieking fillies and laughter. They’re great kids, they really are. Very excitable. Sweetie can sing beautifully, Scootaloo is a pro with her scooter, and Applebloom can build things. Really damn well. They’re in bed now… I s’pose I’ll go to sleep too. Those little fillies wore me out.


Entry #74
Just woke up to some sort of roar. The fillies aren’t in bed. There’s a note, and the barn door is open.

Oh, shit. They went into the Everfree, looking to find… more humans, friends for me. This is bad. I’m gonna go find them.