• Published 13th Feb 2013
  • 1,669 Views, 42 Comments

Twilight Meets Companion Cube - Prince Solstice



Companion Cube is one of the creepiest friends to have.

  • ...
3
 42
 1,669

Sleepless

Pinkie was tossing and turning, trying her best to sleep in her dark room. Something had been bothering her as of lately, and now it had even begun to affect her sleep. The constant amount of information she crams into her head, like everyone's preferred flavor of ice cream kept reoccurring in her mind. Her mind would list off the different things about ponies and everything about them.

"Ugh!" Pinkie sat straight up unable to see in the dark, so she quickly flicked on her lights. Her room was dead silent, and unaware to her, there was a new visitor awaiting her in the corner. An odd cube with a heart. She looked over at it, able to hear her own heart beating. The silent high pitched whistle in her ears felt oddly discombobulating. She felt very dizzy, to the point of wanting to puke. However, the cube bothered her. It had just appeared.

Pinkie looked around her empty yellow room, "He-hello?" No response just pure deafening silence. The cube sat motionless, yet something about all of this made it intimidating. She got out of bed and decided to investigate the cube. Normally she would call Twilight over but it was the dead of night, and even then it was never this silent for her. She went up to the cube examining it's features a little closer. The eight corners protruded a little, with one circle around another. Inside the smaller circle was a heart, and pink lines that led to it.

Pinkie picked it up, and shook it rather quickly. Hoping to hear something rattle around inside of it, in the hopes that it was a weird present of some type. Instead the shaking had produced even more silence, and at this point Pinkie was about ready to freak out at the silence.

She turned around scanning the room, looking for something that would make a back-ground noise. She came up empty hoofed, and just went back to staring at the cube. Unsure of what to do she just sat down. She finally broke eye contact with the cube and gave out a huge sigh while closing her eyes.

In her ear, almost like someone had literally whispered into it, she heard unintelligible babble. She quickly opened her eyes, and everything had gone silent again.

Blinking a couple of times she then got a little frightened that someone maybe in the room with her. She quickly dashed under her bed and covered her entire head. Shutting her eyes tightly. The silence was slowly broken by more whispering, and Pinkie began listening to it. She made out the words 'save me' being slurred out in a ghostly manner. It all sounded very ethereal, and she could feel cold breath in her ear sounding this same message out. Suddenly there was a smell of fire, almost like something plastic was melting. She quickly looked up, the whispers had stopped, and the smell had gone. All was dead silent. She could hear her heart again.

A shiver ran up her spine and stopped dead as the light went out. She quickly covered her head again, and the whispers had started up again. Only getting louder and louder. The cool breeze in her ear getting more forceful, and then silence fell. She heard a distant scream, and it echoed off what seemed to be metal walls. The echo kept bouncing at higher and higher volumes until the screaming was unbearable. Pinkie was shaking in utter fear under her bed, she opened her eyes and everything was dead silent again. She could hear her heartbeat racing, her breath she was unable to control. She felt like there was adrenaline rushing through her body, yet she was unable to move due to the lack of danger now.

In her silent room, she sat. In the middle of the floor in a fetal position. Staring at the cube. What was happening to her? Every time she closed her eyes the echoing 'save me's would reappear as a cold icy breath in her ear. Her mane was flat now, and she had even lost a pigment of pink into something a little whiter. The sun had started to barely peek in her window, when a mocking bird sat outside and chirped away. The silence had disappeared, along with the cube. Pinkie was still unable to move out of fear, and soon the voices she was hearing in her head had all but stopped. No more whispers, the normal sounds returned in her room. Gummy woke up and started scratching at the door to be let out.

Pinkie turned to the corner to see the Cube had disappeared. There was no trace of it being an odd night. Had she dreamed all of it? She was unsure, as nothing clued her in on it being a dream. She didn't wake up, and she didn't want to move. Even though the voices had all but disappeared, she could still hear them as a faint echoing in her head. She started to cry, but was too scared to even let out a tear. She stayed in fetal position in an attempt to let the normal sounds return. It was the first time there wasn't enough noise for her liking.

She slowly stood up on her hoofs, and they felt more like jelly than anything. She made a quick scan of her room, and everything seemed in place. Gummy had started making his odd noises and scratched at the door even more. Pinkie slowly made her way to the door downstairs, her mind was completely blank. She felt nothing, she felt very empty, and she felt very lonely.

Pinkie Made her way downstairs to take Gummy out for their usual morning stroll, but she wasn't hopping, or really walking. She was slowly trudging along with her eyes wide open, and her mane flat. She was still scared, but not like she was. Everything that happened around her was very slow to her. She had just reached the front door when she turned the knob, she collapsed on the floor, and fell into a deep sleep with Gummy scratching at the front door.