• Published 13th Feb 2013
  • 1,999 Views, 51 Comments

Snow days are forever - Onyxfire408



Snow Day, an experimental unicorn with the powers of ice is sent to Ponyville to begin a new life.

  • ...
2
 51
 1,999

Chapter 1

Chapter 1: Arrival

Snow Day, an unusual white earth pony stallion with a icy blue mane was in a train heading towards a town called Ponyville, he was next to a white unicorn stallion with purple armor, one of his closest friends, Shinning Armor. The two waited on the train as Shinning Armor went close to his friend. "Are you sure about this? Celestia said to chose any town to move on."

"Yes, I'm sure. You said that your sister lives here right?"

"Yes, I would recommend seeing her and tell her about your... magic so you'll have someone to talk to. Don't worry, she is Celestia's personal student, she may also help you find a home in Ponyville."

"Thank you Shinning Armor, you've been a great friend to me, especially at... the institute. You've been like a teacher and brother to me. I'll never forget you Shinning Armor." The train stopped in a town of Ponyville, the conductor came into the cart.

"Last stop Ponyville." The conductor announced

"Well this is it Shinning Armor. This is goodbye for now."

"Send me a letter if you need anything. And remember about your....magic, keep it under low profile."

"Right, and again thanks for what happened back there." The two collided hoofs and shook. Snow Day grabbed his luggage and exited the train, he looked back and waved his final goodbye to Shinning Armor. As the train left Snow Day walked along the small town known as Ponyville, a great quite town. He walked around for town hall, he saw a tall building, it looked like the tallest one in the town, he figured it'd be town hall, he decided to walk there to find himself his first home. As he walked he was interrupted by a cyan colored pegasus bowl him over as the two tumbled and fell to the floor. Snow Day was laying on the floor and the only thing he could see was a blue cyan mare pegasus kissing him on the mouth, Snow Day's eye's widened as the mare's mouth collided with his. The mare woke up to kind she was kissing Snow Day, she let go of her kiss and brought up her hood slapping Snow Day in the face, leaving a hoof print on his cheek.

"OW! What was that for?"

"For kissing me!" The mare barked

"Well excuuuse me princess, you crashed into me causing this accident."

"Well I grrrr..." The pegasus mare sprayed her wings and flew off into the distance. Snow Day grunted heavily as he gave a sour look towards the fleeing pegasus.

"What an attitude she has." Snow Day walked along the road towards Town Hall. Snow Day shortly arrived at Town hall, he saw to it that the desk mare would be of assistance. As he approached the desk mare, he placed down his suitcase and opened his mouth, but was stopped by a hoof from the desk mare.

"Sorry honey, the cottage is already taken. But if ya want, I could offer you a regular house in Ponyville."

"Well that answers both of my questions, I'll take you on your offer." The desk mare brought out a file with a contract, Snow Day signed the contract and took out the right amount of bits for the house. The desk mare filed his contract and said her goodbyes as Snow Day left with the keys to his house. But before he could leave he needed to ask one more question. "Excuse me, do you know where Twilight Sparkle lives? I'm a friend of hers."

"Oh yea, here let me give you a map." The desk mare brought out a map of Ponyville and marked a red circle. "Here ya go, Twilight should be here, she's Ponyville's librarian, and by the way, her house is literally a tree. Good luck!" The desk mare exclaimed as Snow Day happily trotted out of town hall, a few minutes have passed as Snow Day arrived at his destination. He trotted in front of the door and knocked.

*knock knock knock*

The door opened to reveal a purple lavender unicorn standing in front of Snow Day. "T-Twilight Sparkle?"

"Speaking."

"I'm Snow Day, I'm pretty sure Shinning Armor told me about you."

"Hmmm.....Oh yes, I'm sorry please come in, come in. He sent me a letter saying that we should chat and get along." Twilight Sparkle gestured her hoof and let Snow Day in, but Snow Day refused. "Um Snow Day, you can come into my house now."

"Did you read my file?"

Twilight scratched her head trying to remember the file. "Hmmm..... oh yes, I'm sorry, let me arrange the house, can you wait out here?"

"Please hurry, the sun is not good for me, literally." Twilight nodded and quickly shut the door, a loud bang and zap of magic had passed and Twilight opened the door with a few layers of winter clothing, odd enough it was spring.

"Okay I'm ready." Snow Day nodded and hurried inside, away from the burning sunlight. "Alright, go ahead, all of the books are put away." Snow Day nodded as he stomped his hoof at a slow pace three times of the floor. Then, faster than a blink of an eye, the entire room except the floor turned to solid ice. "Wow, this is amazing, so it's true how you poses the power of winter." Snow Day gave a heavy sigh, he looked around the icy room and shed a solid icicle tear. "Snow Day, what's wrong?"

"Hard to believe, I was made by such a creature."

"Yes, I know. I'm awfully sorry that had happened, but the past is the past."

"Yes but the past can leave scars."

"That may be true, but anything can heal, wounds, cuts, and even scars. Even if it's only a little bit."

"Thank you Twilight."

"By the way I've been meaning to ask." Snow Day raised an eyebrow in confusion. "What about your uh... candy?"

"Ah, the... Institute already gave me one today before my train left, I'll need to take one tomorrow and the day after that and so one, long story short, I take one everyday and at the beginning of every month the school sends me another supply." Snow Day explained. Snow Day got up and stomped his hoofs three times again, this time turning the ice into thin air, the ice was gone. "Goodbye Twilight Sparkle."

"Please Twilight is just fine."

"Okay then, goodbye Twilight."

Snow Day left Twilight and her library, he walked around Ponyville checking his map to find his new house. He walked around looking at the address for his house but couldn't find it. After a few minutes he decided to stop and ask for directions, he found a cafe labeled Sugar Cube Corner, he hoped that they had air conditioning. He entered inside the cafe and sat over at the bar, a tall yellow stallion introduced him.

"Hi welcome to Sugar Cube Corner, what can I getcha?"

"Some iced tea please."

"What kind?"

"Surprise me."

A few minutes have passed, Snow Day's tea still hasn't arrived yet. He looked around and found a pink mare who's mane was like cotton candy, she was chatting with- oh gosh it's her. Snow Day found the same pegasus mare who crashed into him earlier, Snow Day heavily sighed and looked away from the mare.

"Here you are, crystal berry iced tea. You said you wanted a surprise."

"Thank you, also do you know where this address is?" Snow Day showed the stallion the address of his house.

"Ah, yep. When you exit turn right and you'll find the house in about 10 minutes."

"Thank you." The stallion nodded and left Snow Day to his drink. After a few minutes of drink (not alcoholic drinking) Snow day left a few bits on the counter and left the cafe, on his way out he just so happened to bump into the pegasus mare that he accidentally kissed.

"Hey it's you again!" The mare barked stopping Snow Day.

Snow Day stopped at the door step. "Look, I don't want any trouble."

"Neither do I, I came to say sorry, I shouldn't have accused you for... kissing me ugh...." A shiver traveled across her back. "And I'm also sorry for slapping you in the face."

"It's okay, I'm sorry for not moving out of the way when I could." Crescent looked at his the clock on the wall, he started to sweat a few bullets. "Look I'm sorry but I really need to go, he grabbed his back and galloped to his house."

"Wait, what's your....name..." The pegasus mare stood at the door wondering what his deal was. "What was that about?" the pegasus mare asked her friend. The pink mare shrugged as they saw Snow Day gallop off.


Moments later Snow Day found himself at his new house, basic as he could imagine it. He entered the house, very basic, two floors. The bottom floor had a small living room, kitchen, and bathroom, along with a basement for storage, while the upper floor was the entire bedroom. Snow Day set down his bags and entered the upstairs bedroom, he dropped on his bed and relaxed his muscles. But he didn't like his bed, not yet at least, he closed his eyes and concentrated hard on the bed as it started to turn into solid ice, along with his floor. "Ahh much better." Snow Day looked to his left out his window to find that three little fillies in the trees with cameras all saw what he just did, he quickly got out of his bed and shut the blinds, he froze the binds so that nopony could see him. "Celestia, I hope they didn't see me." Snow Day got up from the bed and opened his brief case, he pulled out a small black box with a pad lock and key, he also pulled out a few essentials such as, clothes, toothbrush and paste, and the bag full of bits. He spread them out differently, he took the bag of bits and put the string around his neck. His stomach growled with pain and starvation. "It's feeding time!" Snow Day thought that he might as well go to Sugar Cube Corner to grab a quick bite to eat.

After a few minutes of walking Snow Day found Sugar Cube Corner again, he opened the door but everything was dark. It looked to early to close, he walked around aimlessly looked for a light source, but then he tripped over some object, he couldn't tell due to how dark it was. As he got up from the floor, he walked around more aimlessly until he found what felt like a light switch. He flicked it open and then.

"SURPRISE!!!"

Suddenly Snow Day jumped as he say a train full of ponies having a party, he looked at a party banner which said, "Welcome to Ponyville Snow Day". A pink mare zoomed over to him with what looked like a red velvet cupcake.

"Hi there I'm Pinkie Pie. And welcome to the "Welcome to Ponyville" Welcome to Ponyville party."

"What?" Snow Day was confused, what did she say?

"Just ignore her ways of making sense." Snow Day turned to find the cyan pegasus. "She's just Pinkie Pie being Pinkie Pie."

"Right and....sorry I didn't quite get your name."

"The names' Rainbow Dash, and don't forget it."

"Right, well my name is Snow Day."

"Nice ta meetcha Snowy." Snow day flinched at the pet name. Rainbow Dash pulled out a place of yellow treats. "Here have a lemon drop." Snow Day reached out for the lemon drop, he placed it in his mouth and started to chew. Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie started to snicker menacingly as Twilight Sparkle approached the two.

"Hi you two, what are you-" Twilight paused as she saw Snow Day eating a lemon drop. "SNOW DON"T!"

Snow Day's eyes shot open, he started to sweat, but he sweat actual sweat. He couldn't breath, his vision started to become fade and become black, he fell to the floor as everypony watched his reaction. Snow Day was on the floor, he was about to meet his end.