• Published 9th Feb 2013
  • 4,604 Views, 75 Comments

Reformed Romanticism - ice_dancer_92



Discord's been reformed, but memories of his old life still linger within him. After a nasty accident leaving the God of Chaos bedridden, his new bestie Fluttershy drops by for a visit.

  • ...
14
 75
 4,604

I'll Cover You

Chapter Two: I'll Cover You

My eyes fluttered open slowly and my vision cleared. The morning sun came filtering through the stained-glass window, sending multicolored shrapnel-shards of light in all directions. I went to get up, as my head felt considerably better since the day before, but there was a strange weight on my chest keeping me down. Looking down, my heartstrings panged and my heart itself skipped a beat or two when I realized that Fluttershy had never left the night before, and now lay curled up on my chest, sleeping peacefully.

She... stayed. The rest of the world seemed silent as those two words rattled around in my addled noggin like dice in a cup. She stayed. She stayed. She stayed.

She hadn't abandoned me. She hadn't taken her things and snuck out in the middle of the night, hoping to leave unnoticed before I woke up. She hadn't left me alone. She hadn't broken my tenuous grasp on trust.

She stayed.

Those two words meant more to me than all the chaos in Equestria. It felt so good to have a true friend, someone to rely on. A best friend. And now that I had one, after eons of loneliness and sorrow....

Well, I wasn't going to let this one go any time soon. I kept her wrapped in my patchwork arms, feeling her warmth radiate throughout my body.

I heard the door open, and Celestia poked her nosy, royal head in.

“Good morning, Discord. Are you feeling any better today?” She asked quietly, not wanting to wake the sleeping pony in my arms.

“Much, actually. Fluttershy applied some kind of herbal remedy to my head and I think it's starting to do the trick.” I whispered back.

“Mmm... You don't have to be so quiet if you don't want to... I wasn't really sleeping.” Fluttershy's voice drifted up from my chest. I looked down and the sweet little pony was rubbing her eyes with the back of her hoof and shaking her mane away from her face.

“Well, you looked so peaceful. I... I didn't want to disturb you.” I admitted.

“I was just enjoying my new Best Friend Pillow. You're very soft and warm, Discord. Has anypony ever told you that?” Fluttershy snuggled deeper into my fur, and I couldn't help but laugh.

“Well, no, Fluttershy. You're the first. Most ponies are too busy screaming and running away as I make it rain chocolate milk on their heads.” I responded with a giggle. “Hey, cut it out, Fluttershy, that tickles!”

Celestia smiled in her weird, knowing way, and wandered back out the door. With the Princess safely out of earshot, I turned my attention back to Fluttershy.

“Fluttershy, can I ask you a question?”

“Of course, Discord. Ask away.”

“Please, don't think me rude.... but why are you still here?”

“Did you not want me here?”

“No, no! It's not that!” I retracted, “It's just that most everypony else would have gotten bored of me and left me already. Would have snuck away in the middle of the night. You didn't.”

Fluttershy shook her head softly, a sweet smile on her face. “I would never do that to you, Discord. I would never, ever leave you unless you wanted me to leave. We're best friends, remember? Best friends don't just abandon each other.”

Another mention of best friendship. Every time she said it, I felt my heart lurch in my chest and tears spring to my eyes. I couldn't tell whether I was truly happy I had a friend... or depressed because I was nothing more than that.

And then it hit me like a sack of bricks.

I was upset because I was nothing more.

Fluttershy looked me in the eyes and told me I was her friend. She even promoted me to best friend. But the greedy little draconequuis in me wanted more. The darkest corners of my enigmatic mind wanted me to sink my teeth into her and never let go.

That thought terrified me more than the thought of not objecting to being Fluttershy's pet. A shiver went down my spine, and not a good shiver. Or maybe it was? I couldn't tell. This feeling was so new, so terrifying, and yet....

So familiar. So... warm.

Snap out of it! Don't go down that road! Fluttershy's your friend, nothing more. Don't go getting ahead of yourself just because she didn't bail on you overnight. My inner voice chastised me sharply, and I could swear I almost felt my inner younger self cuff me in the back of the head. Fluttershy's the Element of Kindness. She's supposed to be sweet and innocent. You're an eons-old being of chaos, and she's what, twenty-two? She's barely a baby compared to you. You stupid, lumbering mix-and-match monster.

'I'll have nothing to do with a stalker, let alone a lumbering mix-and-match monster like you! I am a Princess, not a common whore!'

“Discord? Are you okay?” Fluttershy's soft voice shook me out of my thoughts.

“Um. Yes. Yes, I'm fine. Um, excuse me, Fluttershy, but I just need a little bit of air....” I muttered, gently lifting Fluttershy off my body and placing her down on the floor. I got up and stretched my wings.

“Discord, are you sure you shouldn't take at least one more day of bed rest?”

“I'llbeokayIhavetogo!” I babbled before bolting from the room.

As I stared at myself darkly in the bathroom mirror, my inner voice kept laying into me. Man, my inner self could be a real jackass when he wanted to be.

You're such a sappy bastard, too. Look at you! You're all whiny and upset because you stupidly fell for someone out of your league again. Granted, you didn't try horning in on the Princess of all Equestria again, but you might as well have! You have exactly the same chance either way, zero effing percent. Just calm down and enjoy Fluttershy's friendship.

I know I should, inner me, but she's the only creature in this entire realm who's ever shown me kindness and even the slightest affection. Is it really that strange that I'd fall in love with her?

Snap out of it! You're Discord, the God of Chaos and Disharmony! You've caused disease, famine, drought, and mayhem for millennia! You caused the mass extinction of the Alicorns, wreaked havoc for centuries, and took Equestria by force! You held the title of God of Equestria for a thousand years! And you're locking yourself in the castle latrine, staring at a mirror, all hot and bothered over a woman?! What's the matter with you?

It's different this time! Fluttershy accepts me for who, and what, I really am! She's able to look past the patchwork creature I am on the outside and see who I am on the inside!

And who are you on the inside, Discord? A 'hero'? Don't make us laugh. After the things you've done, you'll never be a 'hero'.

Maybe I don't want to be a hero! Maybe I just don't want to be the villain anymore!

Oh, shut up. You know that isn't how it works. You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain. And there's no vice versa for that.

No. No! I am the God of Chaos, and I say there is! I can create chaos out of thin air, I can rend a soul in half with nothing but a glare! I have powers far beyond you, inner voice, and I say there is a vice versa, and I will be that vice versa!

Good luck trying, you daft bastard. Fluttershy will never love you. You're a freak. Just look at yourself! You're nothing but a pieced-together mish-mash of all the parts left on the cutting room floor. You're nothing but a monster.

“Silence!” My own voice boomed and reverberated through the small restroom. I didn't even have time to stop myself before I was already in motion.

Searing pain shot through my lion's paw as I suddenly shot forward and punched the mirror straight out of it's frame on the wall, shattering it into pieces and embedding glass and splinters into my hand. I howled and reared back, almost stumbling over the bar into the shower.

“Discord?!” I heard Fluttershy call out.

No, no, no, don't come in here.... Don't look at me like this....

Yes, yes, yes! Come in here, Fluttershy. See what your 'best friend' has become.

The door was nudged open, and I heard Fluttershy squeak as she first spotted my blood pooling on the floor around me, and then looked up to see me nursing my injured paw and pulling glass out of it with my other claw. “Discord, what happened in here?” She asked.

“Got in a fight with the mirror. It was looking at me funny.” I joked feebly, my cheeks flaring up red as Fluttershy stepped closer to me.

“Discord, this is no joking matter!” Fluttershy scolded me sharply, taking my paw into her own hooves. Her touch left my skin ablaze.

I realized that I was in way over my head. I was head-over-hooves for Fluttershy, and there was nothing I could do about it. One of the nasty little downsides to having real, tangible emotions was the fact I could not turn them off. There was no switch for that. No matter how I wanted to rave and rant and demand that I be able to turn my feelings for Fluttershy off at will, even I couldn't make that kind of chaos happen. No, no, I realized. This was something deeper than chaos.

I was madly, ridiculously, completely out-of-my-Chaos-damned-tree in love with the pale yellow pony with the long pink hair, and her gorgeous teal eyes shimmering with compassion and kindness, and her gentle hooves as she swiftly plucked the glass shards out of my flesh. I was in love with the way she consoled me by humming a sweet soprano lullaby every time I flinched back in pain. I loved her voice, her eyes, her hair... It was young Celestia all over again, and my inner self was screaming at me for it.

Remember the last time you fell in love, you moron?! She spurned you! You went mad and took over Equestria and caused the deaths of millions! Do you really want to be turned into a stone statue for a thousand years again?!

Oh, shut up. I've spent too long under your tyranny, inner self. This time, I'm doing things Discord-style.

Discord-sty--...?! That better be a bad music pop culture reference, you sick bastard.

Oh, don't worry. It's not.

This isn't going to end well for us.

Back into the inner recesses of my mind, you. Not a peep until I'm stone again, you hear me? When I go crazy and start murdering ponies with chaos, you have the right to say 'I told you so'. Until then, shush.

In one fluid motion, my claw brought Fluttershy's chin up, as my serpentine neck slithered down, and I captured Fluttershy's lips in mine. She squealed in surprise, but didn't push me away.

When I finally broke the kiss for air, Fluttershy was wide-eyed and confused, but didn't have a breakdown and call me a monster while ruthlessly beating me up with solid gold shoes and leaving me to bleed out in a gutter on the side of the castle courtyard. So, that was a plus.

“Discord... I... What?” She squeaked, clearly very confused.

“Oh, come now, Fluttershy. You've shown me compassion, kindness, and a willingness to be in my company despite what I am and what I've done. Is it any real surprise that I would...” I gulped and I got that cottony feeling in my mouth once more. “That I would fall in love with you?”

“L-L-Love? With me? Oh, but why? I don't think I'm that special.” Fluttershy mumbled shyly, her face flushing the most beautifully adorable shade of reddish-pink.

“I beg to differ, my dear. You are more than special; you are.... magnificent.”

I kissed her again, more deeply. It took a lot of willpower, but I managed to not try and shove my forked tongue in her mouth. I don't want to overload the poor thing. (My tongue has been known to do that.)

Thankfully, my willpower was short-lived.

Fluttershy actually responded to my kiss, pulling me down to her level just as fervently as I was pulling her up to mine. We clashed in the middle, a chaotic maelstrom of teeth and hoof and claw and tongues, and by God did it feel wonderful. And I had no idea the timid yellow pony could work her tongue quite like that. I swear I felt it roll in half in my mouth as she snaked it around my own, pulling my tongue into her hot mouth and sucking on it like a lollipop until I was writhing in her hooves, a pile of draconequuis-brand putty melting above her.

And Oh, God, when she kicked me forward from behind, causing us both to tumble down until we were pressed together, just soft fur on soft fur and slick skin to slick skin, I thought my brain was going to explode. She ground against me and I could do nothing but groan hotly into her beautifully-angled throat. If she wasn't aware of my heavy arousal making it's first appearance in eons before, she certainly was now. There was no way she could have missed that jabbing into her. Hell, it was nearly her own size. (Ladies...?) If she did notice, she didn't squirm or say anything.

I broke the kiss, panting heavily. “Where... in Equestria... did you learn to do that...?!” I panted.

“Not... as innocent... as I look.” She answered simply, breathing just as heavily. “Told Twilight... I was 'spring cleaning'... stole a lot of romance novels.” She admitted. “Don't think... she ever noticed.”

“Oh, by Chaos...” I rasped.

“Tell me, Discord. Tell me what you want. Will this end here? Or are you after something else?” Fluttershy pleaded, and like a dam was broken down, words started spilling out of me like a waterfall.

“Oh, by Chaos, Fluttershy. I want you. I need you. I need you by my side when I awaken every morning, and to hold you every night as I sleep. I want to be yours, to be owned by you, kept by you, loved by you. I want to be under your control, your will. I want to give everything I have to see you smile. I'll paint the skies with butterflies, give the oceans a pink glow, take the fields and the plains and all of Equestria itself and make it yours, if you asked me to. You're my everything, now. My one true friend, the only other creature in my entire life who has shown me any sort of joy, any love. And I have lived a very long life, Fluttershy. Already I've submitted to the fact I've fallen for you. Fallen completely, irrevocably head-over-hooves in love with you. You're beautiful.... compassionate... loving...” I punctuated each of Fluttershy's many qualities with a hot kiss to her neck, causing her to whimper. “...and I will enslave myself to your will for a chance to prove myself.”

“Oh, Discord. I wouldn't ask you to do that. But would you do one thing for me?” Her face was flushed, her eyes half-lidded, and her voice soft.

“Anything, Fluttershy. Anything for you.” I gave in, nuzzling her softly.

“Slow down a little.” She stated, and my entire body went numb.

“I.... what?” I blurted dumbly. Slow down? She just had my tongue in her mouth and my... mini-Discord ready to go. And now she wanted to stop? Agh, women.

“I understand you've been very lonely and without love or friendship for a very long time, Discord. And I feel the same way about you, honestly I do. But you're still recovering from a head injury and now, a paw injury. I think anything further should wait until you're fully recovered and can make decisions clearly. I don't want you to hurt yourself more by... exerting too much physical affection in your condition.” Fluttershy said cutely, gently pushing me off of her. It was adorable how she could secretly steal a pile of sex novels from a library owned by an obsessive-compulsive, highly-talented, paranoia-prone unicorn, read them, enjoy them, and still be embarrassed about saying “screwing me into a pile of pony jelly on the bathroom floor”.

“Oh. Right. I.... of course. Anything for you, Fluttershy.” I relented.

“Think of it this way, Discord. Now you have an incentive to heal up super-fast, don't you?” Fluttershy said as innocently as possible, yet her words still shot straight to the brain I wasn't using at the moment. I grinned like an idiot as she lead me back to the bedroom and bandaged my paw, which until now I had completely forgotten I'd mangled by smashing a mirror in some sort of twisted self-defense against the voices in my head.

Speaking of which, that smashed mirror was not going to win me any hero points with Celestia. I made a mental note to clean that up later.

“Oops, I'm all out of gauze. I'm just going to head to the store in town, okay, Discord? Can you stay here and rest while I go?” Fluttershy asked me, while her hoof scratched a lovely spot on my stomach, and dammit I couldn't say no now.

“Of course, Fluttershy. But please.... promise me you'll return?” I asked, somewhat sheepishly.

“Always, Discord. I'll never leave you, you know that.” Fluttershy kissed me sweetly and trotted out of the room, shutting the door behind her.

Not again! My vision blurred and my head began to pound, and I opened my mouth to call Fluttershy back, but my voice had been stolen from me.

'Discord, I'm howlin' at the moon, and sleepin' in the middle of a summer afternoon....'

'What is that? Your stupid theme song?'

'What the-- Oh. It's you. Yes, you royal brat, I wrote my own theme song. What, is that a crime in Equestria now?'

'…..You're a freak. No wonder my sister doesn't want to go out with you.'

'Shut your mouth, you little brat, or I'll turn your head inside out.'

'Oooh, I'm telling Tia! Tia! Tiaaaaa! Your freaky franken-stalker is back! And he sings too!'

Ooooh, that was a juicy one. I'd forgotten that little incident. Equestria's royal Moon Princess was a real tattletale brat when she was younger.

'I thought I told you to leave me alone, you freak of nature!'

'Please, Celestia, if you'll only let me say my piece--'

'Hmph! All those in a lower order shall address me as Princess Celestia or Your Royal Highness.'

'Fine, Princess. Now, if I can just speak--'

'No, you can't! I told you time and time again I didn't want you coming around here. If I ever see you around my castle again, I'll blast you into stone and drop you at the bottom of a lake!'

My skull.... it felt like it was on fire. Why was I feeling this way? I never cared about my past when I was evil. I just did what I wanted and buck the consequences. It... it was easier, that was for sure. So why is it that now, when I'm finally done feeling hollow and dead, and I'm happy with who and what I am, that my own memories are coming back to haunt me?

Well, I always wondered what fun there was in making sense.

Author's Note:

Chapter Two, just like I promised. I got the chance to work on it today because my house was snowed in and I couldn't get to work. I'll try to have chapter three posted in the next few days. Thank you to everyone who is watching this fic grow. I'm so happy I have had the chance to share my real work with you guys. <3 /)