• Published 8th Feb 2013
  • 2,354 Views, 203 Comments

The Diamond Cutter Anthology - DiamondPrime



Everyone has their own views on Diamond Tiara's character, but how do the differences in those views impact how she is written? Perhaps this collection of short stories from various authors can shed some light on the subject.

  • ...
6
 203
 2,354

PreviousChapters Next
Prompt 15: Weird - MichelleTwistaloo

“This is making me weird out.”

It was true, the sight of them two together was making Diamond Tiara weird out. Not that anyone would need the vocalization of her being confused, by the strange sight, the wrinkles in her muzzle, and the air of confusion were more than enough for it to be perceptible. Diamond Tiara wasn’t the hardest one to read emotions off, most of the time it was rage, but sometimes, confusion.

She considered herself pretty dang smart, so any confusion she might have had was hidden, but even so, at the moment, the look on her face was more than enough for anyone to figure that out. It was just a bizarre sight...

The mare had always been peculiar, she couldn’t deny that, but to make that...and Tiara’s mind jumped through a dozen hoops, and hundreds of possibilities, if that could be made that would mean...

It was odd, just that, she didn’t think it fit in at all. Like a late sundown or an early sun rise, it just wasn’t expected.

At the same time it was undeniably beautiful, as far as displays of emotions went, something attracted Tiara to it. She found herself slowing inching forward, inch by inch, it was just....

She didn’t know how to describe it, besides the adjectives of confusion, oddness, and weirdness. It contrasted with the ambient, and it was a display of emotions, the two of them stood together, they were lying down on the ground and their muzzles weren’t apart. That is, they were touching muzzles. Diamond had a few vague memories of her mother doing the same thing, pecking her muzzle, as an act of affection, those were some of her favorite memories, and she understood why, but now, the two of them weren’t gently pecking they were more like fighting over, for domination.

The thing that confused Tiara, besides the extreme emotions, was that it was both somehow sweet and caring, and emotional and violent, opposites. Like they cared enormously for one another, but were both too competitive to admit it.

She didn’t memorize colors or mane styles, it would or could be whomever, she didn’t care for names, it was more the situation that intrigued her.

Because those weren’t just two ponies doing the same thing, from the few things she gathered, when her eyes wandered away from the muzzles, it was that it wasn’t a straight on pairing, it was a mare on mare kissing thing.

Diamond had always used it as one of her ultimate combo finishers (as Button would call them, not that she hanged around the dork), the final insult after very many of them, “Oh and besides your mother not liking you, you are also a filly fooler”.

She hadn’t actually seen one of those filly fooler acts by herself, yet, and now that she had....

That was the seriously weird part, it didn’t repulse her, it affected her somewhat.

Those two muzzles, those two mares, her eyes, they were glued onto the action.

It was weird it was like... but that couldn’t be. It was like she actually liked seeing it.

But that couldn’t be true.

Though she was full of weird thoughts on her head.


She had always sort of been together with other fillies, mostly because colts were dirty,bugger eating, weird, colts. There wasn’t one who was normal to her, which was fine, it gave her something to harp about on them, and she liked harp about, for some reason, it just made her feel better about herself.

She much preferred the fillies, the few fillies who she could handle, or who could handle her, mainly Silver Spoon, but sometimes others, if the games they played required it, though some actually preferred the dirty colts to her. “Can’t please everyone”, she thought about it.

But as she saw the kissing of the two mares, something inside her broke away, she had found herself thinking more and more of love by the day, having found her mom’s old “Teen novel” collection (which had been laying around after she had gone away), she yearned for the tall, strong stallion to carry her in his strong back, or she would if she could imagine that.

She mostly just read them because they were silly and stupid, who’d ever want to be carrying a filly? And why spend so many words on the eyes of the stallion and focus almost nothing on the mare? And why “The eyes as green as one would imagine one of the salty evenings spent at the greenish sea under the water filled region”? What did that even mean?

But as she saw the weird thing of the day, two mares kissing, under the shadow of a big oak tree, which, in her opinion, was an overused trope even in the few romance novels she had read, something weird was in her stomach.

Well. She hadn’t had anatomy lessons yet, so she assumed it was her stomach, it was somewhere in her belly, it made her feel jumpy and light and stuff.

She liked what she was seeing, she liked seeing the weird stuff, and that on itself was weird.

But the weirdest thing of all? When she finally took her eyes away from the kissing, as the scene had shifted and they were now tickling (something she didn’t quite like as intensely as the kiss), she found herself with only one image on her mind.

One of the fillies she had mocked endlessly, whether because of stupid reasons or her non wealth.

For her manners, for the way she talked, for her friends.

And above all for the irrational way she didn’t like her, but which now, weirdly enough, had been replaced with the desire to kiss her.

The weird weird image of her.

PreviousChapters Next