• Published 7th Feb 2013
  • 2,233 Views, 28 Comments

All Things Must End - Slateblu1



Celestia has just dropped Twilight as her student. And now Twilight seeks her revenge.

  • ...
12
 28
 2,233

An Arrival in Canterlot

Twilight teetered for a moment, her coat and mane reverting to normal, as she appeared outside Canterlot. The long distance teleport had shaken her magical reserves. Quickly righting herself, her rage flowed back, threatening to transform her again. She kept it under control though, knowing she wouldn’t be able to get into the city looking that way. Everypony for a hundred miles knows where I am when I’m like that. She paced back and forth, deciding on her next move. The original plan had been to appear in the throne room and confront Celestia. But then what? Twilight sighed, beginning to plot. Her rage had long since consumed her, leading her to seeing in absolutes.

Celestia doesn’t care about me. How could she, with they way she wrote that letter? She has to pay for this. But how? Twilight paced, pondering for a while before an idea struck her. I’ll overthrow her. There is nothing she loves more than the ponies of Equestria. I’ll turn them against her, and take everything she cares about from her. I’m sure Luna can handle the sun and moon. And she wouldn’t dare stand in my way. She still wants to be loved. With a grin she stopped, turning to Canterlot. I can’t let Celestia know I’ve arrived in the city though. I’ll have to bypass customs and security, she thought with a grimace. Her task wasn’t going to be easy. With another small flash she teleported away.

=======================================================================

The other five elements of harmony had quickly packed, preparing for the trip to Canterlot. It was a long train ride, and they needed to calm down Twilight as soon as possible. There was no telling what she could do if left unchecked. Though they had all prepared in their own way, each was prepared for the worst. With a heavy aura surrounding them, they left, heading for the train station.

Small idle talk was had both as they waited for the train, and as they rode it. The journey was long, and uneventful, until the train began to slow. Rarity turned to look out the window, smiling. “Ahh, I can not wait to be back in Canterlot. Such a- Girls. I do believe that is the mountain next to us. Not the train station.”

The others joined Rarity in looking out the window as the train fully stopped. And indeed, they had stopped next to a sheer cliff face, rather than the Canterlot Train Station. “I’ll go check it out.” Rainbow Dash declared, speeding out the window. The others sat down, waiting patiently. She was back surprisingly quickly, having been gone for barely a minute. The girls gathered around her as she landed, eager for the news. “The whole place is under lockdown. Shining put his shield up, and nothing is going through.” Rainbow shook her head. “Guards are on the other side, all I could do was wave.”

The other four rushed back to the windows, sticking their heads out this time to confirm what Dash had said. And indeed, a giant purple bubble had surrounded Canterlot. The train lurched as it slowly reversed, making its way back to Ponyville. “This is Twilight’s doin’, Ah’ll bet mah hat on it.” Applejack declared. When the others turned to stare at her, she explained. “Look, Ah reckon Twilight’s mighty angry with Celestia right about now. And she has every right ta be, the way Celestia treated her an’ all. And she knows we’re the only ponies who can stop her, or even just calm her down enough ta see reason. So, she attacked the city after getting in. Her brother uses his fancy shield, and boom, we can’t get ta her.”

“But darling, why would Twilight need to keep us from calming her down? Just how mad is the poor dear?” Rarity asked, confused.

“Ah don’t rightly know. But, if Ah had to wager, Ah’d say she’s fixin to kill Celestia for this.” The farmer took her hat off and shook her head. Rarity and Fluttershy gasped. “Being Celestia’s student was everthang to her. Without that, well, Ah reckon she thinks she’s lost everything.” The others looked on in horror. They couldn’t believe their friend would ever be capable of murder. But the way Applejack explained it, everything was starting to make sense. Once again they all turned in the direction of Canterlot, looks of concern on every face.

=======================================================================

An hour or so previously

Twilight stumbled again as she landed in her old room. Not the one she had in Canterlot Castle, but before that, in her parent’s home. Knowing she couldn’t stay long, she closed her eyes, listening for any sounds of her parents. A few minutes passed, and Twilight heard nothing. Must still be at work. Good, she thought, exiting her room. She didn’t want to disturb anything, or leave any evidence of her arrival at all, so she exited with as little contact as possible. With her plans, she couldn’t bear to bring her family into this. I love them all. How can I involve them in what I’ve got planned?

As memories of her family floated through her mind, she eventually landed on her brother. Oh horsefeathers, I forgot about him. And the royal guard. Twilight mentally berated herself for forgetting such a crucial piece of information. How can I keep my parents out of this, and get the riot past Shining? Twilight gently snuck out of the house, making sure nopony was around, and trotted off, heading up the street. Her mind ran through possibility after possibility. Eventually, just as she turned off her old street and into a more busy street, the answer came to her. I can’t keep Shining out of this. But I can force him to my side and help me. Twilight grinned. Even if he doesn’t realize he’s going to.

Twilight walked on, turning down into the less visited areas of Canterlot. Now, for stage one. The girls are likely on their way, thinking they can stop me. I don’t want them involved in this. I doubt I can win them over, and I don’t want to have to fight them. I love those girls as much as my family.

Twilight made her way into one of Canterlot’s few abandoned factories. It was leftover from when there was a huge craze to have fake Elements of Harmony jewelry. Twilight shook her head, glad that it was just pieces of plastic. But the factory did seem like the perfect place to start. She had never liked those fake Elements. She had never liked the idea of her life being used to sell toys to children, and had often refused to even recognize their existence.

Twilight let her rage consume her again as she lifted into the air, charging up a spell. Have to make it look like an outside attack, she thought. At least enough to fool the unicorns who will no doubt investigate this.Twilight unleashed her spell, bolts of magical energy raining down and striking the factory around her. As the smoke billowed around her, revealing the destroyed, burning factory, she teleported away, a final thought on her mind. That should get Shining to put his shield up. Keeps this whole mess from getting out of hand.

=======================================================================

Celestia and Luna stood on Celestia’s balcony, watching as smoke slowly curled up, away from the destruction. Luna looked up, noting the fleets of pegasi flying in, rain clouds in tow. She smiled softly as the clouds were emptied onto the growing blaze.

“Princesses,” A guard started, pushing the door to Celestia’s room open.

“Yes Corporal?” Celestia asked calmly, not turning to face him. “What do you have to report on the attack?”

The guard stood at attention, giving his report. “It was purely magical in nature your highness. A troop of unicorns have swept the area, searching for any trace magical evidence. None has been found as of yet. We have also been unable to determine if this attack came from within, or without, the city walls.” The guard bowed as he finished.

“Instruct General Armor to place his shield around the city. We are going into full lockdown.” Luna commanded, not turning from the dying blaze either. The guard exited, closing the door behind her. “Only one unicorn could pull that size blast off, and get away unnoticed Tia.” Luna commented, not turning.

“I know Lulu.” Celestia answered, her eyes never leaving the ashes of the old factory. “Twilight Sparkle has long since been a brilliant strategist. Until she reveals her plan, there is nothing we can do to stop her.”

“So what shall we do?” Luna asked as a purple bubble formed around Canterlot. Both sisters looked up, smiling sadly at the dome. “And are we going to tell him? I believe he deserves to know this was his sister.”

“No.” Celestia replied firmly. “He would show mercy to her. His heart wouldn’t be in the chase to find her. He, above all, mustn’t know who this was. We will tell nopony.”

Luna nodded. “Alright. So what are we going to do? Surely we must take actions to calm her.”

“There is only one thing we can do sister, and that is to wait. Twilight Sparkle is in the city, laying low. Until she wants to be found, she won’t be. Until she reveals her plan, we won’t know what she’s doing.”

“Then guess sister. What do you think she’s going to do?”

“I would say she is here to try to take her revenge upon me. Likely through dissent amongst Canterlot. Though I have no idea how far her plan goes.”

“Are we going to try to stop that?” Luna inquired, turning to her sister.

“No. I..” Celestia looked down, shaking her head. “I can’t. Not this time.” A few tears slowly dropped off the alicorn’s muzzle.

“Then I will.” Luna calmly replied. A few moments of silence passed between the alicorns before they turned back to the dead blaze, watching as the smoke slowly drifted up. “Are you going to tell me why you dismissed her yet? I’d like to at least know why she was dismissed Tia.”

“You shall find out soon enough. Though I would have expected that you’d have figured it out by now.”

I was afraid you’d say that. It looks like she really does... Luna shook her head. I hope Twilight can forgive her.

Author's Note:

Thanks to Faoiltiama for editing this, and Nopony of Note for helping in some places.

Two things. First, yes Blue Blood.
Next, After this chapter, things will start picking up, and fast. And, to aid in that, from here out, expect long chapters, with a decent wait time. That is all.