• Published 31st Jan 2013
  • 11,656 Views, 438 Comments

Do You Believe In Magic? - ShotgunNeko



Celestia asks Luna to teach Twilight dark magic. Twilight must pass Luna's class in order to graduate. As Luna develops feelings for her student, Twilight questions which princess she really wants to serve and protect.

  • ...
51
 438
 11,656

Those Three Little Words

Twilight Sparkle groaned as she hit the ground hard. She looked up into the intensely mischievous eyes of Princess Luna.

“Say it.” Luna taunted, hovering above her.

A dark indigo glow emitted from her horn as she used her magic to keep Twilight subdued. It had been almost a month since the wedding in Ponyville and Luna had doubled her efforts in teaching Twilight the darker side of magic. Twilight and Luna had both decided it was best to set some sort of boundaries with their relationship as each of them knew the importance of the task Celestia had given them. Neither pony wished to disappoint Celestia and both student and teacher had resolved to work harder in hopes that Twilight would soon be ready to finish her studies. Of course it had been extremely hard for the two mares to keep their hoofs off each other and therefore every so often Luna would call a “magic duel”. Although Luna pretended to take it quite seriously, they both knew it was just an excuse to roll around happily in the grass and grope her adorable purple marefriend.

Luna’s smile widened.

“Say it...”

Twilight sighed. Anypony watching may have thought that she rather enjoyed losing to Luna. She had yet to beat her teacher in this sexy little game they played. It wasn’t for lack of trying though. Twilight was determined to take Luna down at least once. She gritted her teeth.

“Lunaisbestpony.” She mumbled.

Luna giggled and pranced in the air. “I can’t hear you. Come again?”

Twilight rolled her eyes. She tried one last desperate attempt at using her magic, but to no avail. Luna was showing off her skills as a master magician. She seemed to know Twilight’s weak spots and used them easily to her advantage. Twilight’s horn was rendered useless in a matter of moments.

“LUNAISBESTPONY!” Twilight bellowed, as her voice echoed through the Royal Canterlot Gardens.

Luna rubbed her hooves together happily and then placed them softly on both sides of Twilight’s cheeks, straddling her student’s body as she sat on her chest.

“And?”

Twilight could feel her face flush as Luna descended upon her. The Moon Princess playfully touched her nose to Twilight’s muzzle.

“Who is your favorite Princess?” She asked smugly.

Twilight smiled too and slowly leaned in, her lips softly kissed a spot under Luna’s ear before she whispered quietly.

“Celestia.”

The hair on Luna’s back stood on end as her sister’s name fell upon her ears. Her concentration was lost for a moment and as she had taught her faithful student, a moment was all one needed to gain the upper hand. Twilight used her advantage to rise up, flipping poor Luna onto her back. Luna was still processing Twilight’s answer to her question before she even realized the tables had been turned. She landed backwards and Twilight landed on top of her. Twilight grinned down at Luna excitedly. She had finally beaten her teacher. She was surprised when Luna easily brushed her aside and quickly got up.

“Well played Twilight. Well played.” Luna said, turning away from the bewildered unicorn.

It only took Twilight a few seconds to realize that although she thought she was being funny, her remark about Celestia being the best princess may have bothered her marefriend.

“Hey, I was just kidding when I said Celestia was the best princess. You know that right?” Twilight asked, placing a hoof on Luna’s shoulder.

“Were you?”

Luna’s eyes were cold, void of emotion.

“Of course!” Twilight proclaimed, stepping in front of her marefriend.

Luna tried to walk past her, but Twilight would not let her pass. She wrapped her arms around Luna and although the Moon Princess tried to resist her student, she felt the hurt subsiding as Twilight held her close.

“It’s okay.” Luna whispered. “I’m sorry I overreacted-“

Twilight’s lips met Luna’s as she was silenced with a passionate kiss. Luna’s forelegs snaked around Twilight’s neck as they kissed eagerly in the darkness. Just as Luna was losing herself in Twilight’s mouth, the unicorn softly broke their kiss.

“I want you to know something.” She said quietly, reaching up to pull Luna down so her lips were at the Princess’ ear. “I probably should have said this earlier, but I guess I didn’t think you were bothered by it. You seem so confident and sure of yourself when were together.”

Luna blushed as Twilight continued.

“I love Princess Celestia. I will always love her.”

Luna’s breathing slowed and Twilight reassuringly kissed the side of her face.

“But like it or not, I'm IN love with another Princess.”

Luna’s ears twitched. Had she heard right? Did Twilight just say she was in love---

“I love you.” Twilight murmured, leaving no trace of doubt in Luna’s mind.

It was the first time in their relationship that those three little words had been spoken. Luna had been afraid to utter them herself, fearing they would not be returned. She could see the same worry in Twilight’s violet eyes, as her marefriend slowly waited for her to respond.

Twilight waited for what seemed like forever until she felt herself engulfed in two very large feathery wings. She sighed happily, feeling immediately warm and secure.

“I love you too.”

The two mares embraced for what seemed like an eternity until finally Luna retracted her wings. She then looked at Twilight with a silly grin.

“Magic duel?”

Twilight groaned. “Oh come on! You didn’t even let me savor my victory last time.”

“Victory?” Luna scoffed. “We do not recall a beating from thee. Oh wait it’s coming back to us now. You cheated yes?”

“WHAT? When you do it, it’s called winning.” Twilight whined.

“Art thou implying double standards?” Luna let out an exaggerated gasp.

“Why are you suddenly using the Royal Canterlot Voice?”

“One must always use the Royal Canterlot Voice when dealing with cheaters.”

Twilight jumped on Luna. Luna laughed and playfully pushed her down. The two began to affectionately wrestle amidst soft, sweet kisses.

“Arg...” Luna panted, coming up for air. “You seriously need to finish your studies.”

Twilight could feel the heat between their bodies and nodded.

“Well you are my teacher. You could just pass me and then we could...you know...” Twilight trailed off, rubbing her hoof seductively against Luna’s tummy.

Luna grinned, enjoying the little massage. “I told you that you have to show me something AMAZING before I pass you. I can’t go back on my word can I?”

Twilight smiled. “Well I’m working on something I think you’ll like.”

Luna moaned as Twilight traced soft circles into her fur.

“Work faster please.” She joked, making a face.

Twilight rested her head gently upon Luna’s chest. The wheels in her head were already turning. She knew she was close to perfecting a new spell. She looked up at Luna who had her eyes closed, her front leg rested around Twilight’s midsection, holding her tightly. Her final thought as her eyelids fluttered shut was Luna’s look of shock and surprise as she unveiled her new spell.

An almost inaudible giggle escaped her lips.

Author's Note:

Short and fluffy chapter. I do wish they could be longer but I feel its better to release a bit rather than nothing at all. Thank you again to all the readers who read, review, upvote etc. Love hearing your feedback!
Next chapter---Twilight reveals her cool spell....lol will it shock and amaze?