• Published 31st Jan 2013
  • 11,644 Views, 438 Comments

Do You Believe In Magic? - ShotgunNeko



Celestia asks Luna to teach Twilight dark magic. Twilight must pass Luna's class in order to graduate. As Luna develops feelings for her student, Twilight questions which princess she really wants to serve and protect.

  • ...
51
 438
 11,644

Fun With Wings

My Dearest Twilight Sparkle,
I hope you can forgive me for not being at the castle to greet you when you arrived. As you already know, I have asked Luna to continue teaching you what I cannot. I don’t want you to think I have abandoned you, because that is not the case. You will always be my student and if you need anything you know where to find me. I know Luna will be keeping you very busy, but if you do have a chance I would love a letter or two about what you’ve learned. Please always know that I am proud of you, and that you are in my thoughts.
Sincerely yours,
Princess Celestia

It had been a whole week since Twilight had received the letter from Celestia. Luna had not been kidding, when she had promised to push Twilight to her limits. The young unicorn was working harder than she ever had preparing, practicing and executing various types of spells. When her workload became a little too much to bear, she would pull out Celestia’s letter and reread it. The letter made all of her hard work seem even more worth it. Knowing the princess was proud of her meant the world to Twilight.

She sighed softly. Her current project was driving her a little mad. Luna had challenged her to create a barrier. Not just any barrier, but one that could hold off a powerful Alicorn. At first this task had seemed simple enough, as Twilight was quite good at barrier spells. Her task had been simple. Create a barrier around her room in the castle. Princess Luna was to arrive just before their lesson to pick up her student. If Twilight’s spell was successful, Luna should not be able to enter the room.

The first spell she had created had produced a sturdy purple barrier. She had gone to bed satisfied that she had succeeded in her task. Unfortunately when she awoke she had found Princess Luna, sitting at the desk in her room, reading the latest adventure of Daring Do, while grinning from ear to ear.

Every night after that had been attempt after unsuccessful attempt to keep the indigo Alicorn out of her room. Every barrier she created was stronger than the last, and yet somehow Luna kept managing to get in. Even though she had only been studying with her new teacher a week, she could feel her magic becoming stronger, faster and more polished. With all that being said, she still couldn’t figure out what she kept doing wrong in regards to her barrier.

Twilight yawned loudly. She had been up all morning studying various spells on the art of a good barrier. She had also requested a book from the Canterlot library on Alicorns and Alicorn magic. Cloak and Dagger had promised he would find it and bring it to her the next evening. Maybe the key wasn’t in her barrier but in the fact that Alicorns had some magic barrier breaking powers. Okay maybe that sounded stupid, but at this point anything was worth a try.

Twilight yawned again and climbed into her bed. Although she had cast yet another strong barrier around her room, she had begun to lose confidence in her abilities. It had almost become a routine to wake up with her teacher in her room, always doing something ridiculous to taunt or tease her.

Twilight unconsciously smiled as she drifted off to dreamland. Maybe tonight would be the night that she finally got one over on her teacher.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Twilight was seated on a red and white checkered blanket, across from her sat Princess Celestia. Celestia’s mane was waving slowly in the wind, and Twilight could feel her heart skip a beat. The Princess had asked her to accompany her on a special picnic. The food had been exquisite, not that Twilight had cared. She was too busy staring into the beautiful eyes of her mentor. As Celestia talked, Twilight hung on every word, enjoying the precious one on one time.

“Twilight?” Celestia called, motioning her student beside her.

Twilight trotted slowly to Celestia’s side and was immediately engulfed in a huge hug. Twilight sighed happily as the princess’ warmth surged through her, invoking a huge smile. It was all too good to be true.

“If it’s too good to be true, it’s probably a dream Twilight Sparkle.”

Twilight recognized the smooth voice at once. Suddenly everything faded around her. Celestia, the picnic, and all her surroundings were replaced with complete darkness.

“Sorry to intrude on that pretty dream you were having.”

“Princess Luna!” Twilight cried out, embarrassed that her teacher had seen not only what she was dreaming about, but who. She was glad it was so dark, she wondered if you could blush in your dreams.

“Heh. I see you’re upset and for that I apologize. I didn’t mean to intrude on your little fantasy, but I just wanted you to know that I’m in your room and if you don’t wake up soon, I’m probably going to eat all the delicious apples on your desk. Are they from the royal garden? They are extraordinary.”

Twilight whimpered. Luna had found her way in again? It just wasn’t fair. This barrier had been the best yet. She was now convinced Luna wasn’t telling her something. She couldn’t wait to get her hooves on that Alicorn book. She would find out Luna’s secret yet.

“Mmm these apples are to die for.” Luna continued, and Twilight could hear munching sounds.

“Hey! Don’t eat them all, I’m coming.” Twilight pouted, opening her eyes.

Twilight’s eyes opened and then closed, adjusting to the moonlight streaming in through her bedroom window. She wanted to just roll over and go back to bed, but the sound of loud crunching and munching brought her back to reality.

The young mare quickly rolled over and leapt out of bed. Her eyes scanned the room. Her teacher was there as promised, but the apples were not. Instead in their place were a pile of apple cores and seeds.

“Oh, I couldn’t eat another bite.” Luna lamented, rubbing her tummy. “Soooo good.”

Twilight shook her head before rushing to the desk. She couldn’t believe Luna hadn’t left her a single apple. Twilight’s shoulders slumped in defeat. It wasn’t about apples or barriers or any one thing, just everything all combined together.

Luna quickly got up from the desk sensing Twilight’s despair.

“Hey, don’t give up so easily. Roam wasn’t built in a day you know.”

It was true she enjoyed teasing the younger mare, but she also had faith that Twilight would figure out how to create a barrier that would prevent her from entering. Although failure was frustrating, it was something that had to be learned. If we never failed, how could we learn from our mistakes? She could tell her student the proper way to do something, but it was much more beneficial if Twilight herself could grasp the concept on her own.

Luna wrapped an arm around Twilight. She had been working her hard and she knew the perfect way to get her student to relax a bit. If Twilight was going to pass her barrier test, she would have to be thinking clearly.

“Are you hungry? I know a place we can get some even tastier apples.” Luna began.

Twilight nodded, as her tummy rumbled.

Luna reached out and poked it. “Whoa there is a beast in there. We better feed that monster.”

Twilight giggled as Luna poked her, she was incredibly ticklish.

Luna was relieved to see her student laugh. She really wasn’t a big fan of emo Twilight Sparkle.

“When I first returned from the moon, I had a hard time sleeping. Sometimes when I couldn’t sleep, Celestia would take out one of the scrolls you had sent her and read me a story about one of your adventures. “

Twilight looked up at Luna, as the indigo Alicorn continued.

“I loved hearing about the funny things you and your friends did. Like the one about your Rainbow friend, who was embarrassed to admit she enjoyed reading and so she tried to steal the book from the hospital. That was hilarious.” Luna laughed.

Twilight laughed too. “That was pretty silly.”

“My point is I remember things you have written in your letters. You performed a wing spell once didn’t you?”

Twilight nodded. “Yes but, it had disastrous results. The brightness of the sun’s rays destroyed the wings. I was too scared to try again, for fear of hurting someone.”

“Well...” Luna trailed off, looking out the window to the bright yellow moon. “My beautiful moon doesn’t shine as bright as the sun, so I believe you would have no problem with that spell. Let’s fly together.” She finished, flapping her wings.

Twilight’s eyes went wide with excitement. Flying with Princess Luna? That sounded amazing. She went to work immediately, as her horn glowed, recalling the spell she had used on Rarity to give her friend wings. As she channelled her magic, she could feel her body changing as her wings took shape.

Luna watched in amazement as two large wings began to protrude from her student’s back. The wings grew as Twilight finished the spell. Luna couldn’t believe how gorgeous the wings were. They were an exquisite dark violet color, with pitch black undertones and outlines.

“They are beautiful.” Luna murmured, mesmerized.

“Do you really think so?” she asked, flapping her wings slowly.

It was Luna’s turn to feel embarrassed. She couldn’t believe she had said that out loud. She couldn’t help herself. Twilight’s wings were gorgeous. They actually looked like she had been born with them, like they were meant to be hers all along.

“You did a wonderful job with that spell. Can I touch them?” Luna asked, curiosity getting the best of her.

Twilight thought for a moment, looking back to her wings, and then to Luna’s. Luna’s wings were large, heavy and made up of feathers. In contrast her own wings were dainty and thin, much like a butterfly.

“Do you think I could touch yours?” Twilight asked, hoping the princess would agree to it.

Twilight had always wanted to examine an Alicorn’s wings. She wondered if they felt the same as a normal Pegasus. Rainbow Dash had once gotten a wing cramp and Twilight had been all too eager to help her get rid of it. She had been dying for a chance to touch her friend’s wings. She had treated it like an experiment. Rainbow’s wings were soft and yet toned. Twilight had then made an excuse to grope poor Fluttershy’s wings. They too were soft, even softer than Rainbow’s. She wondered how an Alicorn’s wings would compare.

Luna cleared her throat. “I suppose that’s only fair.”

“Can I go first?” Twilight asked excitedly.

“O-Okay.” Luna nodded, unsure of what she was supposed to do.

Twilight trotted happily to Luna’s side. Luna held her breath, waiting for the younger unicorn to touch her.

“Can you open your wings?” Twilight asked, reaching up to run her hoof across the tip of Luna’s wingspan. “I want to see how big they are, when they aren’t moving.”

Luna obliged her student and expanded her wings as far as she could. She could feel Twilight’s warm touch as her student began caressing the left side of her wing. Luna closed her eyes. There was almost nothing in the world that felt as good as having your wings stroked. She involuntarily shook her wings, causing Twilight to jump backwards.

“Sorry, I got a shiver.” Luna apologized, opening her wings to her student once more.

“Does it feel nice when I touch them?” Twilight asked. “My Pegasus friend says it feels really good.”

Luna sighed contentedly and Twilight took that as a yes. She continued to explore the Alicorn’s fabulous wings.

“Can you lie down?” Twilight asked as she pushed softly on Luna’s back. “You are so much taller than me it’s hard to get a good look.”

Luna normally would have scoffed and said no. Instead she leaned forward and lay down on her haunches, allowing her young student to climb on top of her, getting a good view of the back of her wings and her sleek, smooth shoulders.

After all, she too was curious about a pair of wings.

Luna could hear Twilight murmuring to herself, making mental notes, truly making this a learning experience. She chuckled. Only Twilight Sparkle could make something that could quite possibly be seen as sensual into a valuable learning experience. After a few more minutes of light rubbing and touching, Twilight slid down from Luna’s back, smiling from ear to ear.

“Wow! That was amazing. Your wings are even softer than a Pegasus. Your wingspan is twice as large as Rainbow Dash and much sleeker.”

Luna smiled. It gave her pleasure that Twilight found her wings to be somehow better than a normal Pegasus.

“My turn?” she asked slyly.

She didn’t wait for Twilight to answer as she reached out, scooping the smaller mare into her arms. Twilight began to protest but was cut short as Luna then turned her onto her stomach, laying her on her lap. Twilight was now face down, bent over Luna’s lap as the Alicorn slowly began to rub her hoof against the inside of Twilight’s right wing. Twilight’s eyes went wide. What was this sensation? She tried to wriggle free of Luna’s grasp, but the Princess was twice her size and had her held down firmly against her own legs.

The purple mare couldn’t believe how wonderful it felt to have Luna’s hooves on her wings. Even though they weren’t really hers, she could feel electricity shoot through her entire body every single time Luna’s hoof caressed her.

“They seem even more sensitive than mine.” Luna observed as Twilight’s body reacted to her touch.

Then something happened that neither one of them was expecting. A small, soft moan escaped Twilight’s lips. Luna’s ears perked and her entire body went rigid. She recognized the moan immediately. Twilight wanted to die of embarrassment. She hadn’t meant to make that sound, but she couldn’t help it. Luna’s hooves felt too good. Now she was sure her teacher would never let her live it down. Twilight tried again to free herself from Luna’s grip, trying to escape the shame she felt for becoming overly excited. She was surprised when she felt a strong hoof press down just above her flank, gently stroking her back.

“It’s okay.” Luna said softly.

She immediately felt bad that Twilight was embarrassed. It could have happened to anyone. If she had realized touching her student’s wings would have that effect she wouldn’t have done it.

Oh who was she kidding? She probably would have done it anyways.

Twilight seemed to relax a bit as Luna’s voice soothed her. Luna continued to rub Twilight’s back gently, calming her completely down. When she was sure the young mare was not going to bolt out of her arms, she slowly lifted her hoof.

“Your wings are incredible. I have never seen anything like them. Then again I’ve never had to use a spell for wings, mine came pre-assembled.” She joked, turning Twilight over so she could see her expression.

Twilight gave a half smile, not moving, still traumatized from the earlier event.

“I’m sorry Twilight.” Luna apologized sincerely. “I never meant to embarrass you.”

Twilight whimpered.

Luna felt her heart break a little. One week and she had already wrecked her first and probably only student. She had ruined Twilight Sparkle. Celestia was going to kill her. She could picture it all in her head.

“YOU HAVE DEFILED MY FAITHFUL STUDENT” Celestia roared. “Banishment! Back to the moon for you!”

Luna was so busy trying to make plausible excuses to the dream like presence of her sister, that she didn’t notice Twilight slip out of her arms.

“Can we still take that flight?” Twilight asked shakily.

Luna looked Twilight up and down. She could tell the unicorn was trying to brush over the awkwardness, and although she wanted more than anything to move on as well, there was a part of her that knew she needed to address the issue.

“Are you okay Twilight? I am worried about you.”

“I’m okay.” Twilight said slowly. “I’m so sorry. I don’t know what came over me. All of a sudden I just felt a million sensations and my body reacted.”

Twilight looked away shamefully.

Luna could have said it was no big deal. She could have said, it was forgotten. The moon princess could have very well said anything at that moment to assure her student everything was as it had been before the incident had occurred.

But she was Luna.

She trotted up to Twilight and looked down into her eyes.

“Don’t worry about it.” She smiled. “You were actually quite adorable.”

Twilight’s entire body glowed red as she once again died a little inside.

“Catch me if you can.” Luna grinned, opening her wings as she began to run, taking off into the air.

“H-Hey...” Twilight stammered, trying to comprehend what had just happenned.

She watched as her teacher took off, flying gracefully into the air. Determined not to be left behind, she too took off into the air, flapping her own wings as she hurried to catch up with the Princess. She soon found herself racing with Luna, the wind blowing haphazardly through her mane. Her mind began to clear as she took in the amazing feeling of flight.

Teacher and student continued to race around the castle until once again the early morning light began to shine. It was almost time to raise the sun completely. Luna was surprised that Twilight’s wings could hold up as good as her own. None of her Lunar Guardians could keep up with her.

“How long do you think you can hold this spell for?” Luna asked as they zipped under the castle bridge.

Twilight thought for a moment. “I am probably close to depletion on this one. I think I had better get back down to solid ground.”

Luna nodded. It would be just her luck that Twilight’s spell would deplete and she would go crashing to the ground, ending up in a mangled bloody mess. Luna could just imagine her sister’s reaction to such an event.

“YOU MANGLED MY FAITHFUL STUDENT!” Celestia roared. “Banishment! Back to the moon for you!”

“But but but...uhm...she was like that when I found her?” Luna offered meekly.

Luna shook those thoughts from her head as she touched down to the ground. Twilight was right behind her.

“Feel any better?”

Twilight nodded. Truthfully she did feel better. That flying session had been just what she needed to clear her head. She knew tonight was going to be the night that she finally created the perfect barrier.

“Good. I hope you leave some more delicious apples out on your desk for me this evening.” She teased.

Twilight’s tummy rumbled. She had forgotten all about the apples. Luna laughed as her horn glowed.

“Hold out your hoof. You didn’t really think I’d eat all the apples did you?” she asked, as a ruby red apple appeared in her student’s hoof.

Twilight eyed it hungrily before taking a gigantic bite. “Mmmf ...”

That was all she could say. Luna was right. It really was delicious!

Luna turned to leave, but before she could Twilight held out a hoof to stop her. Luna looked at her student questioningly.

“Thank you.” She said softly. “Do you think we can fly together again?”

Luna wasn’t sure why but something in Twilight’s eyes was getting to her.

“Of course we can. You’re the only one around here besides Tia that can keep up with me. Now, you better get back to studying. I am expecting to be amazed tonight by your barrier spell.”

Twilight smiled genuinely and nodded. She would read the book about Alicorns and figure out what she needed to do to create an impenetrable barrier once and for all.


End Chapter 3

Author's Note:

Well once again this chapter started one way and kinda went in a whole other direction. I am contemplating a what if clopfic based on this chapter....had Luna not stopped her uhm...minstrations?

On another note...today i was at my local anime store and they had a rainbow dash bathrobe! the rainbow dash...i wanted it so badly ...my gf rejected that idea in two seconds flat...what do you mean rainbow dash isn't sexy? lol

And on a third note....if you have not read the mlp fim comic book that is newly released....go and do that now..not to spoil anything but CMC basically drives the changeling queen to drinking...yes its that awesome...

Once again thanx to all the cool ppl on this site who make it fun to be here and read and write the stories!
please leave reviews as they make author happy lol that means you too grammar nazis..I need all the help I can get lol..