• Published 31st Jan 2013
  • 738 Views, 19 Comments

My Little Pony: Chronicles of Light - Talon19912



A sory about the struggle between light and darkness

  • ...
3
 19
 738

chapter three

Finally managing to exit the forest Talon quickened his pace, at least as much as he could, considering he carried a magical talking pony princess, a concept he still found amusing. It was roughly mid-day ant this particular planets’ sun shone high in the sky. It was stiflingly hot covered in his armor and he desperately wanted to remove his helmet but with one arm he supported Celestia and the other he carried his rifle. His muscles screamed from the exertion he had put on them almost constantly since starting this trek through the forest. ‘It’s times like these I almost wish I had bionic implants,’ he complained to himself. Talon for all intents and purposes was considered a ‘normal’ human, except his heightened strength, perception, and agility which came from his hybrid lineage, which only he and very few others knew about.

Talon glanced over toward Celestia. “Princess, I know the plan was to get you to a medical facility, but seeing as we are in kind of a rush is there anywhere close by where you could at least get some basic first aid,” He asked. “There is one place I can think of, however I am unsure how the occupant will react to you,” Celestia replied. “Well princess, I see very little choice, plus I’m pretty sure with you there we shouldn’t have too much trouble,” Talon replied. He didn’t truly believe that, however he had really no choice in the matter. “I am feeling much stronger after getting out of that forest. While there I felt like all my magic had suddenly been drained from me,” Celestia stated. “I know the feeling,” Talon replied. “Your kind has magic? Is that how you managed to kill that creature?” She asked. “Not all my kind has magic, only a select few; most of us have what we call Life Energy, because it resembles bright light when it manifests itself. Magic and Life Energy are essentially same thing, the difference is magic kind of gathers into a type of pool that you can draw from and you merely get exhausted from its overuse, however life energy is literally life itself, it doesn’t pool like magic and has dire consequences if too much is used at once some lose their ability to use magic while others lose their life all together. I am one of the few of my species that can actually use magic instead of life energy. I would have used it to heal you earlier, but unfortunately my specialty lies in combat not medicine,” Talon explained. He noticed a small cottage on the edge of the forest a little of the path that he had escorted Celestia down. “That is the place,” Celestia said. “Kind of reminds me of a zoo,” Talon said, taking notice of the various animals that moved around the area. “Fluttershy, the pony that lives her is an extremely shy but kind hearted young pegasus, if anypony is capable of helping it would be her,” Celestia explained. “Oh and Talon I think I should be able to walk on my own now,” She said. “Alright princess, I’ll be here just in case,” Talon replied.

Talon was the kind of guy to treat women with respect and kindness, even if the woman wasn’t a human, it also didn’t matter to him whether or not somebody was royalty or not, a trait he admits, he picked up while training with the Femyceran Knights on the planet of Nekoria. He had received his knighthood there as well as the armor he was currently wearing. Nobody except himself knew of the training he had received amongst the ranks of the Femyceran Knights, which is why he had frozen up when Celestia had called him a knight, she had caught him off guard.
Celestia walked up to the door of Fluttershy’s house. She knocked on the door. A slit in the door opened to reveal a pair of blue eyes. “H-Hello,” A voice asked timidly. “Hello Fluttershy, may I come in?” Celestia asked kindly. “P-Princess of course you can,” Fluttershy replied as she opened the door. As the door opened a small yellow pegasus with a pink mane and tail stepped out. “How can I help you… oh dear what happened,” She said in a quietly loud tone. “An accident in the forest, I was careless and as such paid the price, my friend here managed to help me, but according to him I still need my wound taken care of,” Celestia replied motioning towards Talon who was just casually looking around, he caught this and straitened. “Oh, I see,” Fluttershy replied quietly. “Please come inside,” she said. Celestia stepped inside followed by Talon.
Talon looked around at the inside of the cottage, it had a really simple feel about the place, it looked like it was quite comfortable to live in. “Come to the couch Princess so I can take care of your wound,” The little yellow pegasus said quietly.

Talon sat in a nearby corner, mostly because there no chairs big enough for him to sit in. “Fluttershy, may I trouble you for a quill and parchment,” Celestia asked. “I wish for Twilight and the rest of your friends to get here as soon as possible,” She said. “Of course princess,” Fluttershy said as she grabbed a nearby sheet of parchment paper, an ink well, and a quill. Celestias’ horn glowed then the paper and quill floated over to her she began to write a quick letter, she closed her eyes then the letter blinked out of existence. Talon didn’t even react to a display of magic such as that, he had seen far stranger things in his life, so it didn’t really affect him. Talon finally was able to take his helmet off. Talon looked towards Celestia as he set his helmet on a nearby table.

Celestia was caught off guard when Talon had decided to take his helmet off. She noticed that Talon appeared to be quite young; he ran his hand through his medium length silver hair. “So when should this twilight character get here,” He asked. His voice sounded much clearer now than when he wore his helmet. “Within the next few minutes,” She replied. “Princess,” Fluttershy interrupted. “Your wound has already begun to heal, so you aren’t in any real danger, I have added some antibiotic ointment and bandaged your wound, you should fully recover within the next few days, however there will be a faint scar, I’m sorry,” Fluttershy said lowering her head. Celestia smiled gently “Don’t worry, It would have been much worse if not for Talon over there,” She said gesturing towards Talon.

As she said that a Purple unicorn with a dark blue mane and tail burst through the door followed by a cyan pegasus with a rainbow mane and tail, who was followed by an orange pony with a blonde mane and tail wearing a cowboy hat, who was then followed by a bouncing pink pony with a dark pink mane and tail, with a pure white unicorn with a dark purple mane bringing up the rear. “Princes are you alright, I got your letter,” The purple unicorn said in a state of panic. “Twilight calm yourself,” Celestia said placing a hoof on the Unicorns’ shoulders. “As I said in the letter, without the aid of a friend I probably would not have survived, also did you send a letter to my sister?” Celestia asked. “Yes, she should arrive here any time,” Twilight replied. Talon sat in the corner through the entire exchange between the Unicorn and Celestia. ‘They seem to have a good relationship,’ he thought. “Now everyone I would like to introduce someone,” Celestia stated. ‘Here it comes,’ Talon thought. Celestia gestured towards him. “This is Talon, and he is personally responsible for saving my life, introduce yourselves,” Celestia said.

The ponies in the room turned towards Talon as stood up. The first pony to introduce themselves was the purple unicorn. “I’m Twilight Sparkle, faithful student to the princess, It’s a pleasure to meet you,” She held out a hoof. Talon bent down and took it. He smiled “Likewise,” He replied simply. The pink pony introduced herself. “Hi, I’m pinkie pie, it’s nice to meet you, do you like parties,” She said impossibly fast. “It’s nice to meet you, and yes, I enjoy a nice party now and then,” Talon replied. The cyan pegasus introduced herself “I’m Rainbow Dash, fastest flier in Equestria, nice to meet ya,” She said confidently. “Same here,” Talon replied. The orange pony introduced herself with a southern accent. “I’m Apple Jack, I run Sweet Apple Acres the local orchard, we grow the best apples in Equestria. I’m glad to meet you,” She said. “Likewise,” Talon said respectively. The next one to come up was the white Unicorn “I am Rarity, it’s a pleasure to meet you,” She said. “The pleasure is mine Rarity,” Talon responded. The last one was Fluttershy “It nice to meet you, I’m Fluttershy,” she said quietly. “It’s nice to meet you to,” Talon said. Then a dark blue pony almost identical to Celestia came into the cottage. “Sister are you alright, I had heard you had been injured,” She said. “I’m fine Luna, Talon here saved my life,” Celestia replied. Luna looked towards Talon. “Thank you for saving my big sister, my name is Luna co regent of Equestria and princess of the night,” She said. Talon gave a salute “I am Captain Talon James Eques, of the E.I.N. Its’ an honor to meet you your highness,” Talon replied.

“Talon, now that everypony is here would you mind explaining what that creature you saved me from was, and how you were able dispatch it so easily,” Celestia said. I sighed “Of course princess, however I’ll probably have to start from the beginning, if that is alright,” Talon said as he started to take a seat on the floor. “It’s quite the story,” He said. “Of course, Talon,” Celestia replied. Talon nodded and began his story.

Author's Note:

-There is the reason I had Talon meet Celestia first-