• Published 31st Jan 2013
  • 738 Views, 19 Comments

My Little Pony: Chronicles of Light - Talon19912



A sory about the struggle between light and darkness

  • ...
3
 19
 738

Chapter one

Talon sat at his desk, in his quarters, on board his ship the Acheron Star, a space cruiser of titanic proportions, with a length of two miles, a width of one quarter mile, and a height of a quarter mile it was by far the largest and most destructive ship in the Earth Imperial Navy, and Talon was the Captain. Sure he was young, foolish, and almost never thought things through much to the dismay of his crew; however, he was a brilliant tactician, a competent leader, and an overall respectable person, at least that was what he wanted to believe.

Talon had fallen asleep at his desk. The past few years had been torture on the young captain. Two years ago a navigator on board another vessel had unwittingly stumbled upon a Shadow Spawn fleet, thrusting them into an unnecessary battle that resulted in the loss of many of the Empires’ Battleships. The previous captain on board the Acheron Star had been tasked to rescue the doomed fleet; needless to say it didn’t turn out well, although the Acheron Star had somehow managed to beat off the attacking Shadow Spawn the Captain and most of the command crew had been killed when a plasma bolt breached the shields of the command deck, which caused massive depressurization of the command deck killing any who wasn’t already wearing either power armor or an environmental suit which was everybody on deck. Talon coincidentally had been XO on board the Acheron Star at the time. He took charge and rallied the remaining crew from the Auxiliary Command Deck, turning the tide of battle and managed to get the Acheron Star and the ally fleet safely back behind friendly lines and to the nearest ICP (Imperial Controlled Planet).

Talon woke up and ran his hand through his hair. “At least it will be over soon,” He said wearily. He stood up and walked into the bathroom. He stared into the mirror and laughed a little at the young man looking back at him. Among humans he was an anomaly, at least genetically, he was tall, averaging a good six foot two, and he was well built from the many years of training he had received before he would even be considered for Naval Duty. Here’s where genetics come into play, he had silver hair, yeah silver, and it had grown from a crew cut to medium length hair that reached his shoulders, he kept it tied back in a loose pony tail (what? he liked pony tails!). His eyes were a mixture of brown and gold, which had always confounded him. He was young even by military standards; he was nineteen, by far the youngest captain in the Navy. He washed up and then made for the bridge.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All was peaceful in the small village of Ponyville, Twilight Sparkle; faithful student of Princess Celestia went about her morning routine. “Spike get me a copy of Wildlife of Equestria volume one through six,” She said in her usual ‘I’m in the zone’ tone. “Sure thing Twilight,” A young purple dragon replied as he began rummaging through the various scrolls and tomes that lined the walls of the Library in which the two of them lived. Spike returned with the tomes that Twilight had requested “Here you go Twilight,” He said while grunting with exertion. “Thank you Spike,” Twilight replied. “So, Twilight, what’s with all the sudden research,” Spike asked. “Last night I caught a glimpse of some strange creature emerging from Everfree Forest, It was really strange and I have been searching through all of the books on the different species of Equestria and haven’t found anything yet it is starting to get troublesome, oh and Spike send this letter to Princess Celestia I contains details on the creature I spotted last night,” She said. “Right away,” Spike said giving a small salute.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Celestia sat in the throne room getting increasingly annoyed by the petty squabbles of the nobility around her. If it wasn’t a border dispute it was a feud between families, if it wasn’t a feud, it was an insult or rumor about another family. “Enough,” She said in a raised voice. “Day Court is adjourned until further notice, and I will not accept any back talk on this matter,” She said with finality. “Guards, Escort these ponies from my throne room,” She said. “Right away Your Highness,” a few of the guards responded.
As the Princess was left by herself a letter appeared in a familiar plume of green smoke. She smiled as letters from her faithful student always seemed to cheer her up after the rigors of ruling a country. However as she opened the letter her smile faded into a serious look.

Dear Princess Celestia,

I have made a very startling discovery. While out for my evening walk, I happened to catch a glimpse of an incredibly intimidating creature. I seemed to be enshrouded in an aura of darkness. I was sapping the life out of the nearby plants and rotting them with its very presence. It seemed reptilian in nature, however it had no eyes, its mouth was filled with razor sharp teeth and wiry tentacles sprouted from it’s back ending wit cruel barbs it was bipedal and it gave off an ungodly aura of fear and death it began to feed on one of the local animal only to turn it into another creature of the same kind, what should I do? I await your reply.
Your faithful student,
Twilight Sparkle

Celestia re read the letter, obviously worried. ‘What could this strange creature be,’ she wondered. ‘Whatever it is it can’t be friendly. “Tia? Is something troubling you?” a voice from behind asked startling the princess back into reality. “Oh, Luna just who I wanted to see, I’ll be heading to Ponyville for a short while and I need you to watch over things while I check into an urgent matter,” Celestia said. “What matter might that be, Tia?” Luna asked. “I don’t know yet I’ll let you know when I return,” Celestia replied. She teleported to Ponyville in a flash of light leaving a rather bewildered Luna behind in the throne room wondering what just happened. A letter fluttered to the ground in front of Luna. She picked it up and read it her face became filled with worry. “Oh, sister please be careful,” She said as she stared off into the distance towards Ponyville.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------