• Published 30th Jan 2013
  • 1,307 Views, 4 Comments

The story of Queen Chrysalis - FluttershyButterfly



The story of how Chrysalis became what she is now.

  • ...
7
 4
 1,307

Starry Cloud

Starry Cloud was furious. Her ruler, her IDOL, had been banished by that idiotic, driveling, half-wit of an alicorn, Celestia! How dare that stupid sun princess banish Luna?

But Starry Cloud knew her beloved leader wouldn't want her to spend time fuming. After all, if she was to figure out a way to get Luna free, she must spend all her time focusing on spells, instead of dwelling on how absolutely idiotic and cruel that mother-b*cker Celestia was. Hmmph. Celestia probably didn't even have parents, they must have been driven off by how absolutely insufferable the sun-princess was.

But, Starry Cloud thought, I need to focus on spells now. That's why she was trotting up to the Library of Unicorn Magicke Spells, after all.

She darted inside, and began searching through the books. Before she could attempt to get Luna free, she must increase her own magic. Shuffling through more books, she finally found what she was looking for: Spell for Changing or Replacing a Pony Body With An Enhanced Alicorn Body.

"Hmm... Concentrate energy into your horn....focus on..." Starry Cloud muttered as she read the spell. She stood up and pushed the book into her saddle-bag before darting for the door. Finally, she would make Luna proud.

Starry Cloud let her mind wander as she walked out to the Everfree. She remembered how she had always loved the night when she was young. Her father had told her so many stories about the stars and constellations...but now he was gone. He had been caught stealing bread so that his family wouldn't starve, and was executed by Celestia's order when he protested about being arrested. Ever since, Starry Cloud had hated the sun-princess. Hated her for killing her father, hated her for ruining her life.

Starry Cloud had jumped at the chance to join Luna's side. After all, maybe then she could finally find her revenge against Celestia. But that plan had failed. She just knew, though, that once she freed Luna, Celestia would die, one way or another.

As she neared a dilapidated cottage in the Everfree, she slowed her pace. She gently pushed the door open on its rotting wooden hinges and peered in, then stepped inside, stirring up a cloud of dust. Trotting to the middle of the room, Starry Cloud looked over the spell once more.

The paper the spell was on was brittle and yellow. She read it quickly, taking no time to note a small warning at the bottom, saying it had never been tested.

Gathering power into her horn, she focused hard. She focused on having wings, and a longer horn, but she also focused on how much she wanted to become an alicorn, so she could get revenge.

As the magic burst out of her horn, the sheer force of it knocked Starry Cloud unconscious as the magic surrounded her body.

"W..whut?" Starry Cloud said as she slowly regained consciousness. She jolted upright upon hearing her voice, which had grown rasping and buzzy. As she focused her eyes in the darkness, she looked down. Her body was now that of an alicorn's, true, but no just that of an alicorn's. Her body had grown black, with holes all over it. She glanced back, and she saw her mane had turned a greenish color, and had holes in it also. Insect wings flapped over her back.

As Starry Cloud started to shriek in horror at what she had become, a feeling crept over her mind. Hate, even stronger than before, filled her. She had a lust for the taste of love, and for destroying the mindless lives of the ponies in Equestria. She was no longer Starry Cloud, she thought to herself,--she was Chrysalis!!!

Author's Note:

Done in a different narration style than the prologue or the epilogue.