• Published 30th Jan 2013
  • 1,307 Views, 4 Comments

The story of Queen Chrysalis - FluttershyButterfly



The story of how Chrysalis became what she is now.

  • ...
7
 4
 1,307

Prologue

Long, long ago, before the Elements of Harmony found bearers, there lived two princesses. One ruled the night, while the other ruled the day.

Now, as rulers are wont to do, these two princesses had many disagreements. Luna, the night princess, believed that the night was more beautiful than the day. Celestia, the day princess, believed the exact opposite. Luna believed that some chaos could be a good thing. Celestia didn't. Luna believed that the two princesses should have equal power, instead of Celestia having most of the power. Celestia, obviously, didn't.

As the years passed and the disagreements festered between the princesses, ponies started taking sides. Many ponies sided with Celestia. However, many ponies also sided with Luna. Small battles broke out between the two sides.

The leader of Luna's side was a unicorn called Starry Cloud. She was a proud black unicorn with a blue mane and a starry cloud for a cutie mark. Now, Starry Cloud was an extremely loyal supporter of Luna and Luna's ideas.

As more time passed, the hate between the two princesses grew ever stronger. Luna gradually underwent a transformation, changing herself from a dark-blue alicorn to a midnight-black monster. Overcome with rage, Luna vowed to kill Celestia and make herself sole ruler of Equestria.

Needless to say, all did not go as planned. Celestia was tipped off about Luna's plan, and when Luna entered the castle to kill Celestia, Celestia was standing there with the Elements of Harmony. Luna was quickly overpowered by the combined strength of Celestia and the Elements, and was banished to the moon.

Luna's followers did not take this well. Most were satisfied with just grumbling, though. Starry Cloud was not.