• Published 13th Mar 2013
  • 957 Views, 32 Comments

Song of the Nightingale. - ArchAIngel



A Nightingale encounters the Mysterium Xarxes, and it transports her to a odd land.

  • ...
7
 32
 957

Chapter 1: Horses with Thu'um?!?

Sighing, Theresa took stock of what she had, making sure that nothing had fallen off or turned into a sweetroll or something even weirder, the Wabbajack had sent her somewhere, but Sheogorath sometimes had a sense of humor like throwing someone at a dragon, then turning their sword into bread and using the toast to eat the remains.

Chillrend? Check, slung across back. Full charge.
Dawnbreaker? Check, crossing Chillrend on my back. Full charge.
Mehrunes Razor? Check, on my right hip, like normal.
Nightingale Blade? Check, on my left hip. Full charge.
Nightingale Bow? Check, and still had the arrows.
Good thing too, she had never figured out how to make the damn things. Full charge.
Her custom armor? All there, the layers of leather, heartscales, dragon scales, nightingale armor and finally parts of deathbrand armor for those lovely enchantments had helped so much in keeping her alive.
Potions? Check, plenty of potions from invisibility to healing to magic restoration.
Poisons? Check, including one from Canis Root, which will be very useful if she had to kill another ruler.
Skyforge Steel Daggers? Check, all four of them.
Underarm Crossbows? Check, still loaded. These would be useful in case of a surprise.
Amulet of the Nine? Check, having the divines on her side had saved her ass so many times in a fight.
Rings of Waterbreathing and Unarmed? Check.
Gold purse? Seems to be untouched. 15,000 gold was a good bit of spending money, although inflation could mess that up.
Sack of loot from the vault? Turned into cheese. Damned daedra, I hate it when I work so hard to get something and some nuisance gets rid of it like that. There were almost 200,000 gold pieces worth in there, and the guild needed something to help restock the vault after Mercer looted it.

Well, everything seemed to be in order, except the cheese sack. Then again, he could of turned it into a sabercat or something even worse, so she supposed that it was better then some other things. Now, she needed to find out what of the 9 main species of Nirn inhabited this castle. After all, each had different way of patrolling, setting up traps, and the various other things a thief needed to know to get around. Looking at the doorways, she saw that they had a extended stone ridge above them, almost like a sunshade or porch roof. Those would make perfect hiding places, and she quickly climbed up onto one, wondering why any sane man or mer would make such a stupid mistake constructing a castle, a place that was supposed to be easily defended and hard to get into. She shrugged, and heard a click, click, click of boots moving down the corridor. She made sure that she wouldn't be seen from whatever was coming, and waited.

She did not have to wait long.

A horse, about her height, dark blue with a horn and wings, with a moon tattoo on its butt, and a mane that was weirdly wavy and made her want to cut it and see if it did anything else. It wore a crown, and a odd necklace, along with silvery horseshoes that were most likely what she had heard echoing.

"What. The. Fuck."

The horse thing turned around, and yelled something that sounded familiar, but she didn't recognize it, although the effect was quite obvious. After all, a wall of force was hard to miss, although it was easy to counter. " FUS RO DA!" The shouts slammed into each-other, and mine blew through the horse-things shout like a dagger through butter. "Hey, horse-thingy, you talk?" The horse, staggered by my Shout, opened it's mouth, and said something in a unknown language, although it seemed familiar. It's horn glowed a deep cobalt blue, and I saw that a aura of the same color was enveloping me. Damn, few mages can lift a person, and even though women are lighter, with all my gear I still weighed around 300 pounds. And this thing had lifted me!

"Let me go! Now!" I struggled, and the horse-thing winced a bit. Maybe it was keeping the air in place around me, instead of directly lifting me? "Oh ho, I think you fucked up. You see, you left my mouth uncovered. DU KEY LAH!" The shout formed as a black wave, laced with gold streaks, and when it hit the horse, the glow around the horn dissipated. "Heh, stupid horse." It covered it's head with it's hooves, in a odd gesture for a horse. I walked over, drew Mehrunes Razor, and slammed the pommel into the horn at the base. The horse-things eyes rolled up, and it fell limp. I leaned over, and reached for the necklace that it wore, when it suddenly slammed it's horn into my chest, piercing me through. I slammed the blade of Mehrunes Razor into the eye, and pulled the eyeball out, no time to play nice, and kicked it in the head, launching myself off the horn. Casting a quick healing spell, and drinking a potion, I got back up. The horse-thing was screeching at a volume that made my ears bleed.

"SHUT UP!"

I slammed the blade into the emptied eye socket, and drove it into the brain. Then it somehow got back up, and gored me again! "How the hell are you doing that?!?!" I switched to Chillrend, and slashed at the right wing, severing it. The amount of blood coming out of the stump, coupled with the eye being ripped out and a stab wound in the brain, would of stopped even a dragon, and the damn thing still lived! I launched myself off the horn again, this time slashing at it, trying to sever it. Some mages would put themselves in a object, and if the object was separated from them, they died. I hoped this horn was the same, even with draining the horse-thing of magic, I couldn't take another goring like that without being seriously wounded.

"Just die already, Talos damn you!" Healing my wound again, I noticed that Chillrend had somehow not severed the horn. The horse-thing had widened eyes, and appeared to be shocked that anything could cut it's horn, even though the blade barely cut through a quarter of it. It turned around, and began sprinting, and I couldn't have that, guards are annoying to deal with, and this horse-thing was probably important to some noble. I shot it in the right hind leg with a firebolt, shattering the kneecap, and bringing the damned thing to a halt. I slashed it's other wing off, and proceeded to slam Chillrend into the horn again, nearly severing it this time.

I raised Chillrend again, about to sever the horn, when it was yanked out of my grasp by a purple horse, this one with a horn. With the purple one were a orange horse with a weird hat, a white horse with just a horn, a yellow horse with wings that was cowering in a corner,a pink horse that was acting like a Khajiit on enough skooma to kill a giant. A cyan blue blur slammed into me, and I was suddenly on the floor with a cyan blue horse with wings, purple eyes, and a rainbow mane stood on me and yelled something in that weird language. These horses were all much smaller, although if they were all as powerful as the blue one, I had a problem. "Three words bitch: FUS RO DA!"

The cyan blue winged horse, who I named "Noisy" in my head, slammed into the ceiling, and I heard the wings, and probably several other bones, crack loudly. "Do you damn horses even talk?" Then you see a purple and green dragon, incredibly tiny and probably mutated, pop out from behind the purple one. "..Drem Yol Lok Dovah. Drey Key Lo Hiu?"
The purple dragons eyes bug out, and it begins talking in the weird language at the purple one. I see a odd light blue globe form around me, as a white horse with a horn and armor walks toward me, the horn glowing the same color. It yells at me, but as before, I have no clue what it says. I slam Chillrend into the barrier, and it shatters. I gather myself, readying for a fight.

Author's Note:

Du Key Lah: devour horse magicka.
Drem Yol Lok Dovah: greetings dragon.
Drey Key Lo Hiu: Did horses deceive you
The Amulet of the Nine is just the amulets of the divines, all together in one amulet.
The weapons and items will be based on the artifact balance overhaul mod, as it reflects the fact that such rare items should be more powerful then anything a player can make.