• Published 27th Jan 2013
  • 1,643 Views, 78 Comments

Scootaloo's Years - Broneyofnoel



A long awaited sequel to Scootaloo's Dreams, this story follows scoots through her years at the FillyDelphian Arts Academy

  • ...
1
 78
 1,643

Ch. 12 Afternoon

We ran down my hallway towards my room. We passed room after room on the way, most of which were open and had ponies filtering in and out of each one.

Without caring, we slid into my room and closed the door quickly. i fell onto the floor and started laughing, Peachy followed suit.

“We seriously need to do that again sometime!” Peachy giggled.

“Yeah,I’m glad my mom showed me how to do that,” I said, laying out on the floor.

“Your mom sounds really cool, well, both of them do,”Peachy sighed, “I’d like to meet them sometime,”

“They’ll come and see me sometime, then you’ll be able to see them, maybe allof my friends sometime too,” I said happily.

“That would be awesome,” Peachy said.

“What about your family and friends?”I asked, Peachy paused for a second.

“They aren’t near as cool as yours, most of them are either snooty or they’re bigots,” Peachy sighed sadly, “my family isn’t much different, all except for my grandma,”

“What is she like?” I asked as I rose off the floor, my coat and mane nearly dry from the light shining through the window.

“My grandma was always so supportive of me, she would always tell me to be who i truly was or to follow my dreams, something nopony else had even tried to tell me before,”
Peachy had a smile on her face now,

“And none of your friends were like that?” I questioned, Peachy stood beside me as she continued to speak.

“A few were, but I was never very close to anypony back home, i was always too busy with school and family times.”

‘That stinks, but you’re going to make tons of friends here, right?” I asked, beaming at her.

“Totally, I’ve already made more in a month here than I did with years there,” Peachy said very happily, her mane and coat almost dry as well.

The sun was now high in the sky as the school bell tower rang three times, signifying that the evening schedule was starting. i looked out of the window to see several hundred ponies head for the drama departments, athletic departments, and the gymnastics areas.

“Scootaloo, I gotta go, practice starts in twenty minutes!” Peachy yelped as she ran out of the door.

I realized that I now had nothing to do, I picked a paper with a set-up list for my career at the Academy. I read the list of things I still needed to do;

Set Up mailbox downstairs in lobby

Get Class schedule

DON'T FORGET CLASS STARTS AFTER 4 DAYS AT THE ACADEMY!

i looked away from the letter, I would set up my mailbox and and get my class schedule today. I would walk around tomorrow and visit my classes.

i walked out of my room and closed my door.I then proceeded to glide down the stairwell into the front lobby. i landed and walked around the corner to the postmaster’s desk.

“How can i help you?”the older student asked. He had a short brown mane and a light brown coat, the colt had large hazel eyes as well, his Cutie Mark was hidden by a desk.

“Umm, I’m supposed to setup some sort of mailbox,” I said, confused as to why a student was working in the postmaster’s area.

“Right, freshman?”he eyed me while he questioned.

“Yeah...” I said, I was a little embarrassed.

“I remember when I was a freshman, three years pass by really quickly,” he said as he pulled out a list of names.

“You’re only a year 4?” I questioned.

“Yeah, name’s postal, yours?” Postal questioned.

“Scootaloo,” I answered happily.

“Ah yes, Scootaloo...your number is 616,” Postal inquired.

“What?”

“Mailbox,” Postal said happily.

“Thanks, and I thought only freshmen were allowed to be in Anacrusis,” I half questioned Postal.

“Nah, there are a few upperclassmen, you have to be in the dorm to work the mail,” Postal saw that i was in a hurry, “See you around Scootaloo!”

“See ya!”

I walked away from Postal and the mail desk and headed towards the main information offices across from my dorm. i trotted through the door and walked up to the same mare that Fluttershy and Rainbow dash spoke to when i was signed up for the year here.

I talked to the mare and received her class schedule for the year, it showed both semesters and the times of every class.

Dance I -11:00 a.m. Semester 1 & 2

Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat

General Education -1:00 p.m. Semester 1 & 2

Mon, Wed, Fri

Study Hall -1:00 p.m. semester 1 & 2

Tues, Thur, Sat

Health/Sex Ed -3:00 p.m. Semester 1

Sat, Wed

Dance Theory 3:00 p.m.Semester 1 & 2

Mon, Tue, Thur, Fri

Personal Finance 3:00 p.m. Semester 2

Wed, Sat


I looked over my schedule a few times, it seemed pretty relaxed, but I’d heard that we were supposed to practice our dance at least 1 extra hour per day, and that Gen. Ed. had a ton of homework.

I listened for the bell tower’s number of rings. Once all four had passed, I continued on my way around campus. i trotted up to the large stadium in hopes of finding either Pixel or somepony from the spirit pony group that I had seen from the club fair earlier.

I walked inside the stadium to see several dozen large colts and a few older stallions on the field doing drills for the upcoming hoofball game. I trotted up to the enclosed area that was at the top that read ‘Media’ on the front of it in big bold lettering.

I opened the door to see Pixel operating a very large camera that was pointed at the players below while a couple of other ponies were on machines that were processing the film. After Pixel was finished filming, he jumped off of the camera and trotted over to me and gave me a hoof bump.

“Hey Scoots, so you could join me after all,”Pixel smiled.

“Yeah, so what are you doing?”I questioned, looking over to the other ponies in the room.

“Filming for a commercial about our team.” Pixel said, “Actually, my part is done so we can go hang out if you want.”

“Sounds great!” I said as the two of us left the building.