• Published 27th Jan 2013
  • 1,642 Views, 78 Comments

Scootaloo's Years - Broneyofnoel



A long awaited sequel to Scootaloo's Dreams, this story follows scoots through her years at the FillyDelphian Arts Academy

  • ...
1
 78
 1,642

Ch. 17 The Bridge

Drizzle, Postal, Red, Peachy, Endings, and I all walked away from the restaurant after our meals and conversations. The night was still young so naturally we were looking for something to do.

"Hey Drizzle, you work in FillyDelphia, where is there to have fun?" I asked him, and then looked around.

"Well, not much is open on Wednesday nights, usually the night life is alive from Friday to Sunday. There are a few places I can think of though," Drizzle said as the six of us rounded the corner onto to the somewhat lively square of FillyDelphia.

"Like where?" Red asked as he hovered above us.

"Well, there's a place called the Bridge, its got a skate park, concert hall that usually has either live or recorded music playing at all times, a rock climbing wall, and an indoor paintball field," Drizzle said as we moved closer to the town center.

The five of all nodded and agreed with the idea Drizzle had suggested about going to the bridge. We went westward from the town center towards the said complex.

Once we started towards the Bridge, we all saw the large building with the name displayed on the front. The building was as big as almost ten dorms back on campus. It had to be 6 stories tall too!

The six of us either walked or flew into the large building. Inside were a simple set of four doors of which ponies were walking from one to another.

"Let's split up, what do you guys want to do?"

"Paintball!" Postal and Drizzle said almost simultaneously. The two then looked at each other in shock, and then they looked back to us.

"We'll go to the music hall," Peachy said as Endings nodded at her words.

I looked to the side for Red, who was standing beside the skate park door. I turned back to the group and spoke;

"Looks like Red and I will take on the skate park for now, where do you guys want to meet up?"

"If nothing else, meet back here at closing time," Drizzle said happily.

"When's closing time?" I asked curiously.

"About three hours from now, nine o' clock," Drizzle responded as he and Postal walked towards the paintball door.

As the group split into its respective groups, Red and I walked into the skate park room. I opened the door and the music hit the two of us. The skate park was huge! They had a DJ in the center controlling lights and music and the entire room. There were dozens of ponies around, some using skateboards, some using bikes, and some using scooters.

Red and i walked over to a rental booth to borrow a skateboard and a scooter. The booth was a smaller open building on the far side of the skate park. We had to maneuver around the ponies, the dips, handrails, and huge half pipes.

We passed the DJ stand and arrived at the rental booth not a minute later. We walked through the open doors up to the booth with its one worker.

"How much for a scooter and a skateboard?" Red asked the pony.

"Wednesday and Thursday nights are free, take 'em bro," he pointed to a few racks of each.

Red and I took our gear that we needed and set out for the half pipes. We flew up to the top of one of the more average sized ones and we set our boards on the edge.

"How do you want to do this?" Red asked, looking into my eyes.

"Hmm, how about whoever can get the best trick done at the other end wins?" I offered, Red smiled deviously.

"Deal, but you are gonna lose," Red said, competition was in his eyes.

"Try me," I said as I moved myself and my scooter away from him.

Red balanced on his skate board over the edge of the half pipe, he opened his wings and propelled himself, he descended and then ascended on the other side very quickly.

He shot from the opposite edge of the half pipe into the air and angled his wings enough to send him into a spin as he descended slowly. There was a moment in time that I saw his eyes glow as he looked at me in mid spin, they felt so hurt, so loving, and so loyal all at once.

Red's skateboard touched the edge of the ramp and he opened his wings fully to balance himself on the edge, he pointed a hoof at me, signaling me to go.

I jumped over the edge of the half pipe and set my scooter under me. I shot down the ramp just as fast as Red had, but I pulled back on my scooter and left the ramp before Red did, sending me backwards.

I let go of the scooter and did a back flip in midair, the scooter set itself under my feet as I pushed and went over the handle bars and pulled the scooter along with me as i landed on the ramp.

I skidded down the ramp and landed on my front hooves beside Red.

"Boom, what now?" I said to Red as he looked at me, wide eyed.

"I...I think that that was awesome," Red said as he raised his skate board in the air with a foreleg.

We spent the next hour or two grinding, messing around, and doing tricks around the skate park. The room closed a half hour before everything else, so we were stranded outside with nothing to do.

"Well, what do we do now?" I asked as he and I stood outside The Bridge.

"Follow me!" Red said as he flew up to a cloud above the building.

I did as he said, and I met him at a stationary cloud above the building. he was sitting on his haunches and he was leaning over the cloud.

"Why'd you want me up here?" I questioned Red.

"Close your eyes," Red said,his voice somewhat shaky.

I closed my eyes, I didn't expect what happened next;

Red Tear kissed me on the lips.