• Published 26th Feb 2013
  • 2,323 Views, 49 Comments

Unlikely Love of Ages Past. - Phoenix Skyfire



Adult Scootaloo finds love in an unlikly place.

  • ...
6
 49
 2,323

Truth of Love

Chapter 3: Truth of Love

“I love you, Scootaloo. I know, I was always mean to you in school, and I’m s...s..so s..sorry.” Diamond Tiara whispered, tears streaming down her face. “I don’t know if you can ever forgive me for what I-” she was cut short with a hoof on her lips.

“It’s alright, Diamond Tiara. I forgave you years ago. The past is the past,” Scootaloo said, with a small grin, pulling her hoof away. “And instead of telling you how I feel, I'll let my actions speak for themselves.”

“What do you-” Tiara was cut off again, but rather than by hoof, it was her lips being pressed against the other mare’s. Tiara was beyond surprised at what was happening. She closed her eyes and leaned into the orange mare’s kiss, enjoying the feel of her lips.

‘Diamond Tiara,’ Tiara heard in the back of her head. ‘Diamond Tiara,’ she heard again as she felt a hoof on her side that started shaking her.

A moment later she opened her eyes and looked up, seeing a dark violet mare standing over her.

“Sorry to wake you up sweetie, but breakfast is ready. Me and your father will be waiting for you,” Tiara’s mother said as she walked out of her room.

“I can't believe it was all just a dream. It felt so real,” Tiara thought out loud as she rolled out of bed. Standing up on her hooves, she walked over to her vanity and fixed her mane and tail. With her mane and tail in respectable shape she headed downstairs to breakfast.

After an uneventful breakfast with her parents, Diamond Tiara left the house, going for a stroll along the side of the road.

‘Where is that place?’ she thought to herself. ‘Miss Cheerilee said it was around this area....’ Not watching where she was going, she ran into another pony, making her fall to the ground. “Ow,” she said as she stood up, going silent as she saw Big Mac in front of her.. “Big MacIntosh. I’m sorry. I wasn’t watching where I was going.”

“It’s okay,” Big Mac said, nodding in understanding as he walked past Diamond Tiara with a limp.

As Tiara watched Big Mac walk away, she started thinking, ‘I wish Miss Cheerilee would have told me more about this shop, other than the fact that it’s run by a friend of hers.’ Looking back ahead, she noticed Scootaloo and Apple Bloom heading her way. ‘Oh no.... I'm not ready to face her. Gotta hide,’ she started looking around and noticed a building that has its door ajar, just off of the main street. ‘I’ll hide in there,’ she thought as she galloped into the building.

Looking out of the window, she watched Apple Bloom and Scootaloo pass by without noticing her.

“Hello, and welcome to Moonlit Flower. Something I can help you with Madam?” called out a gentle stallion’s voice behind her.

‘Moonlit Flower? That’s the shop Miss Cheerilee told me about, why didn’t I notice this place before?’ she thought.

Upon turning around, she sees a dark blue earth pony stallion with a sea blue and white mane, sporting a black rose for a cutie mark, and a golden necklace around his neck with a crescent moon.

“Oh, umm... my name’s Diamond Tiara. My old teacher Miss Cheerilee told me to come here for a little... problem I'm having.”

“Pleasure to meet you Diamond Tiara. My names Azure Rose. Why did Cheerilee send you here though? I’m sorry to say but, fixing problems isn’t my strong suit,” Azure Rose said dejected.

“She was thinking I could buy some flowers for another pony I like, and told me to come here for them,” she said nervously.

“Well, if Cheerilee sent you to me, I’ll help you as much as I can. What kind of pony is it you want the flowers for?”

“She’s a pegasus,’ she said, blushing slightly.

“Pegasus, pegasus,” Azure Rose said, putting a hoof to his chin, deep in thought. “Alright, I’ve got the perfect set of flowers,” he said, grabbing a bouquet cone with his right fore-hoof. Walking around the shop, he grabbed an assortment of flowers and arranging them in the cone, Azure Rose creates a beautiful bouquet of lilies, roses, and tulips.

“Why are you grabbing those kinds of flowers?”

Still arranging the flowers in the bouquet, Azure Rose looked up and smiled. “That’s quite simple, Miss Tiara. Pegasi enjoy the taste and feel of lilies, roses, and tulips more than other flowers since they’re lighter and softer. If Cheerilee asked you to come here, I can make sure this pegasus, you want these flowers for, enjoys this bouquet to the fullest,” the florist explained, putting the finishing touches on the bouquet by tying an elegant red ribbon around it. “Alright, your bouquet is ready. Would you like me to put it in a plastic wrap to keep it safe?”

“Yes please. I don’t plan to give it to her till tomorrow at least,” Tiara said smiling at the florist pony.

Azure Rose wrapped the bouquet in plastic and gave it to Diamond Tiara. “Here’s your bouquet, Miss Tiara. On the house for a cause like this. I hope this mare enjoys it,” he said with a smile.

“Thank you very much, Mr. Rose. I’m sure she’ll enjoy these,” Tiara said, taking the bouquet in her left fore-hoof. “As long as she’ll even talk to me,” she said under her breath turning around to walk out of the shop.

Walking down the streets looking around, Tiara noticed the next place she needed to go to. Walking over to the shop, she pushed open the door, causing a small bell to ring. As she walked inside she was assaulted by sweet scents all around from a variety of candy. Standing at the counter was a bright yellow mare with a blue and fuchsia mane. Looking over to the door the mare smiled.

“Hello there, Diamond Tiara. I didn’t think I’d see you today. Did your mother send you to find out when her candy order will be ready?”

“No ma’am, I’m actually here for myself. I was wondering if you had any boxes of white chocolates?” Tiara inquired.

“I believe so, I’m guessing this is for your special somepony?”

“W...w...what makes you say that, Bon-Bon?”

“Well, you are holding a bouquet of flowers, wrapped in plastic, which would normally mean you bought them for somepony,” Bon-Bon said, with an amused grin on her face.

Looking down at the flowers she realized that she had forgotten about the bouquet. “Oops.... I might have forgotten about these,” she admitted, giggling a little. “To answer your question, yes, they are for somepony special, but not my special somepony. The pony I wanna give them to, though... I’m not even sure if they like me or not. I’ve been thinking about them a lot though and even dreamed about them. I’m still not even sure if I’m in love with them or not,” Tiara said, looking down at the floor.

“Tell me, Diamond Tiara, do you get butterflies in your stomach when you think about them? Would you do anything to see that pony happy?”

“Yes..... Whenever I think about them I feel light as air. Seeing her happy, would make me happy no matter the case,” she said, without even thinking. Realizing what she said, she clamped her mouth shut, looking at Bon-Bon with wide eyes, worried about what she would think.

“Don’t be so worried, I won’t judge you for liking a mare. After all, I have a marefriend, so I’d be a hypocrite if I did judge you. So what kind of box would you like?”

Sighing in relief, she says, “Just a normal box. Like I said, I don’t even know if they like me. This bouquet and chocolate is more along the lines of an apology, then a confession of love.”

Smiling at Tiara, Bon-bon reached into a glass case and pulled out a square box of chocolates.

“These are some of my best white chocolates. Will they be good?”

“Yes ma’am. How much do I owe you?” Tiara said, reaching into her bag of bits.

“Three bits.”

Fishing out the number of bits, Tiara placed the money on the counter and grabbed the box of chocolates, placing them on her back.

“Thank you for the chocolates Bon-Bon,” Tiara said, grinning as she turned around to walk out of the candy shop.

“Anytime, Diamond Tiara.”

Author's Note:

I'm sorry for the Delay with this chapter. I hope you Enjoy it.

Thanks goes out to drvonkitty for Editing.
Also Thanks to MysteriousStranger for Pre-reading.

Please let me know what you guys think.

Azure Rose is an OC I made. Hope you like him. Only time hell be in here.

Phoenix Skyfire, Signing Off.