• Published 26th Feb 2013
  • 2,323 Views, 49 Comments

Unlikely Love of Ages Past. - Phoenix Skyfire



Adult Scootaloo finds love in an unlikly place.

  • ...
6
 49
 2,323

Chances

Chapter 5: Chances

Diamond Tiara stretched out her hooves as she was woke up. She opened her eyes as she rose from her soft bed, a big smile shone on her face.

As Tiara started straightening her mane, she started thinking, 'This is the day. I'm going to make amends to Scootaloo, and tell her how I've felt for the longest time.'

Placing the brush down on the counter, she looked at herself in the mirror. 'I just wish I would not have made fun of her at first. Maybe then we could have been friends before. I just hope she forgives me, and while I know it's highly unlikely she'll love me back, I hope she does.’

Walking into the kitchen, Tiara opened the ice box to get the chocolates. Placing the box of chocolates on the table, she got the flowers from her room and placed them on top of the chocolates.

‘Okay, got the chocolates, flowers, and everything else is set for tonight. Now, all I have to do is go and see if she’ll forgive me,’ Tiara thought to herself, running through a mental check list. ‘I wonder where I could find her today? Hopefully I can catch her alone.’

Tiara trotted to the front door to retrieve her saddle bags. Returning to the kitchen table, she packed everything she would need and headed out the door.

Minutes later, Tiara was walking down the market street looking across all the stalls, taking glances here and there at what the ponies were selling. She stopped in front of one shop, a sweet, alluring fragrance catching her attention. Walking up to the items displayed, she noticed it was a stand of perfume. She took a deep breath, taking in the scent of the perfume.

"Excuse me, ma'am? What perfume is this one?" the pink mare asked the pony standing behind the stand, pointing to an unlabeled bottle.

"That one?" The mare said, rubbing her chin in thought. "If I'm right that would be 'Amore Fra Le Nuvole'. Most pegasi love that perfume, and even some others as well."

"It smells wonderful. Such a strong smell, yet sweet at the same time, almost how it smells right before it rains," Tiara commented, taking another whiff of the aroma. "How much is a bottle ma'am?"

"Its pretty expensive. Twenty bits for a small bottle."

"I'd like to buy one please," the young mare said, fishing out the required number of bits.

The sellsmare placed a unopened bottle of 'Amora Fra Le Nuvole' on the counter, taking the bits and placing them in a bag.

"Thank you for your purchase, and I hope you enjoy your perfume."

"Thank you very much, have a nice day," Tiara replied, placing the bottle in her saddle bags, and heading out.
Walking down the street, Tiara was looking around trying to find the pony of her affection. 'I wonder where she could be. I thought she would be around town, but I can't find her,' Tiara thought to herself. She heard her belly rumble slightly and giggled to herself. 'Might as well get something to eat.'

Tiara walked into Sugar Cube Corner and noticed Mrs. Cake was behind the counter selling treats. Waiting in line didn't take long, as there was not many ponies there at the moment.

Walking up to the counter, Mrs. Cake greeted her, while giving off a genuine smile. "Why hello there Diamond Tiara, how are you this morning?"

Smiling back, Tiara replied, "I'm fine this morning Mrs. Cake, and how are you?"

"I'm doing fine. What can I get for you?"

"Can I get a blackberry muffin please?"

Reaching into the counter, Mrs. Cake pulled out a muffin and placed it on the counter with a small plate under it. "That'll be two bits."

After paying for the muffin and thanking Mrs. Cake, Tiara took a seat at a table to eat. As Tiara was sitting down, she noticed the pony of her affection walking outside. Getting up and leaving her muffin behind, she left Sugar Cube Corner.
"Scootaloo! Wait a moment please," Tiara called out to the orange pegasus.

Scootaloo, hearing her name being called out, turned around to notice Diamond Tiara trotting up to her.

"Something I can help you with Diamond Tiara?" asked in a stoic tone.

"I'm happy I found you Scootaloo. I've been looking for you all morning."

"Why have you been looking for me? You can't really make fun of me anymore. I may not be as fast as Rainbow Dash, but I can still fly."

"I'm not here to make fun of you, but to apologize to you."

"What? I never thought I’d hear that from you."

"Listen Scootaloo, I'm really sorry about making fun of you and your friends back in school. Mainly you though. I made fun of you much more then Sweetie Belle or Apple Bloom. I was hoping I could make it up to you," Tiara said, pulling out the bouquet of flowers and box of chocolates, hoofing them over to the pegasus. "I know this won't fix the past, but I was hoping it could be a start."

Scootaloo looked at the flowers and chocolates Tiara had just hoofed to her, then looked at the mare.

"You really hurt my feelings back in school, Diamond Tiara. You always teased me about my wings, my inability to fly, and me and my friends not having our cutie marks. I don't know if I can ever forgive you for everything you put us through," Scootaloo told Tiara, looking down at the ground. She looked up into the other mare’s face to see a great amount of pain and regret.

"But," she started again, and saw Tiara's face light up with hope. "I was told by Miss Cheerilee, Twilight, and Rainbow Dash, everypony deserves a second chance. If I gave my mother a second chance after abandoning me as a foal, I think I can give you the same chance," Scootaloo told Tiara, smiling at the other mare.

Tiara looked up at Scootaloo, a bright smile on her face.

"Thank you, Scootaloo, for giving me this chance. Maybe you'll let me start tonight?"

"What do you mean?" Scootaloo asked, confused by her statement.

"I was planning to go out tonight. Would you join me for dinner? We could talk and get to know each other."

Scootaloo sat down for a moment thinking about that the other mare just asked. 'Is she asking me out on a date? Nah couldn't be a date. Maybe she just wants us to start off on the right hoof this time,' she thought to herself.

"I honestly don't think there's any harm in me going to dinner with you tonight. So long as it’s no place fancy. I don't like those type of places. I'll also have to let my mother know I won't be home for dinner," the pegasus explained, as she stood up.

Diamond Tiara smiled at the orange pegasus, happy she had agreed. "So when do you wanna meet up?"

"Well, I live in a cloud house with my mom. Why don't we meet at the town square by the fountain? Just tell me what time," Scootaloo replied, smiling at Diamond.

"Why don't we meet there at five thirty? It'll give us both enough time to get ready."

"Alright, sounds good. I'll see you then," the pegasus said, turning around to leave. Remembering something, she turned around and asked, "Should I wear anything? You never said."

"It’s no place really fancy, so just something simple would be fine," the pink pony said, locking eyes with the mare that haunted her dreams.

"Alright then. I'll see you at five thirty," Scootaloo replied, taking off in the direction of her home.

As Tiara watched the pony of her dreams fly away, she thought to herself, 'I hope she forgives me fully, one day. Might as well head home and get ready for my date.' Tiara left where she and Scootaloo spoke and headed home to get ready for her date.

Taking her time walking home, it took the pink earth pony a little bit to get home. Walking into the house, she came face to face with an older stallion.

"Where have you been, Diamond?" the stallion asked.

"Sorry I didn't leave a note daddy, but I went out for a little bit. While I was out I met somepony from school."

"I was worried about you, I don't want to lose you like your brother," Filthy Rich said, his head hung low.

"You won't daddy, I promise. I don't plan to go away," she said, walking up to her father bringing him into a hug. "My brother may have left us, but his memory is still there in our hearts, and I'm still here as well."

Filthy hugged his daughter back, a few tears escaping from old memories. "Sorry, I'm just an old worry pony at times."

"It's okay, I understand why you worry so much. I still love you."

"I love you too."

Releasing her dad from the hug, Tiara gave him a small kiss.

"I have to go get ready daddy," Tiara said, turning away from Filthy, walking to the stairs to head for her room.

"Get ready for what?"

"I'm going to dinner with a friend. We are meeting at five thirty."

Shooting a grin to his daughter, Filthy asked, "find a nice colt?"

Sighing at what the stallion had asked, she replied, "no such luck daddy. My preferences haven't changed. I'm still into mares." As she finished speaking she trotted up stairs to her room to get ready.

Closing the door to her room, Diamond sighed thinking to herself, ‘I know daddy’s just teasing me, but there are times it gets annoying.’

Setting her saddlebags next to her vanity, Tiara sat down on the cushion in front of it. While humming a loving tune to herself, she ran a brush through her mane, thinking about the date with the cute pegasus she had fallen for, that would come around in a short amount of time. With her mane in respectable shape, she reached into her bag and pulled out the perfume she bought.

“I hope Scootaloo likes this perfume,” the love stricken pony said, spraying a small amount on herself.

Walking over to her closet, she pulled out a simple pink dress.

‘I know I told her it was no place fancy, but I think she’ll like this dress,’ she thought to herself, slipping on the dress.
Looking around the room, the young mare walked over to her bed and pulled out a small one side saddlebag, putting some bits into it to pay for dinner. After checking to make sure she was ready, Diamond slipped on the small saddlebag and trotted downstairs to see her father waiting for her.

“You look really good with such a simple dress, Tiara. Whatever happens tonight, with this mare, I want you to know, I love you, and so long as you’re happy, I’m happy.”

Shooting her father a smile, she wrapped him in a hug and replied, “I love you too, daddy.”

After breaking the hug with her father and saying goodbye, Tiara left the house to meet up with the pegasus that stole her heart.

Author's Note:

Well, here it is. Chapter 5: Chances

Thanks goes out to Salnalus for Editing this chapter!

I hope you all enjoyed the chapter.

So on another note. If none of you know this Salnalus' Computer broke, and will be unable to continue editing. So I'll be looking for a new Editor who has had some experience, I would like it if you have Skype so we can contact each other through a faster means then PMs. If you would like to do this, please PM me.

Thanks for Reading,
Phoenix Skyfire,
Signing Off!