• Published 27th Jan 2013
  • 1,374 Views, 14 Comments

Archangel's Adventure - SabreXio



Super soldiers and colorful ponies. what could possibly go wrong?

  • ...
16
 14
 1,374

Lock and Load

After the harrowing experience at the bridge, I was ready to find those elements and finish off Nightmare Moon, who I'm sure either is in control of or actually is the mysterious mist that's been ghosting us this whole time. I swear, when I find Nightmare I'm gonna fill her full of holes for what she's done to my friends. Wait, did I just call these ponies my friends? I can't believe it...I...I made friends. All the more reason to keep up the pressure and and keep them safe.

"Captain, BEHIND YOU!" shouted Twilight. I spun around grabbing my axe when I saw a large dog lunging at me. The force of the attack knocked my tomahawk out of my hand as the wolf pinned me to the ground. Oh god, that smells bad. Before any of the ponies could even react, I had already begun my counter-attack with a bone-shattering punch to the wolf's leg creating a spray of...splinters? while the wolf was stunned, I rolled it off of me and jumped back to my feet, ready to finish it off. In one motion, I ran to the wolfs side and stomped my armored boot through its chest, killing it and causing it to fall apart like a house of cards. After making sure it was dead, I turned to Fluttershy.

"What was that thing!?" I asked panicked

"T-t-that's a timberwolf" she answered

"Wolf? you mean like a pack animal?" I asked

"Affirmative Captain, I detect a large number of creatures in the immediate area and closing fast" said Guardian over my speakers
"Damn, ok" I said grabbing my shield and pressing it's deploy switch causing the origionally guantlet sized shield to unfold into a full-sized tower shield "we're going straight through right now, stay behind me, keep up, and don't stop" All the ponies nodded in understanding as I deployed Guardian's platform.

"G, pull up the rear and make sure none of those things get to us"

"Understood"
I grabbed my axe, which Rarity had levitated over to me, turned down the path and started the charge

"Let's move" I ordered and began running down the path. Using my shield to bash any timberwolves out of the way and break through the lines they were creating, occationally switching my vision to Guardian's camera to check on the group.
After exiting the forest, we were greeted by the imposing view of the Castle of the Pony Sisters. But celebration would have to wait, because there was an army of angry timberwolves pouring out of the forest. I had to make a plan, fast.

"When I say so, run to the castle" I ordered "I'll hold them off"

"Captain..." Twilight began to argue

"Twilight, this is what I do, remember?" I said "now get ready"

Activating OTS Weapon system

Voice key required

"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't" I recited

Voice key accepted
With a mechanical whirr, the covers on my shoulder guns retracted exposing my custom miniguns. More whirring and hissing signaled the guns were moving into position and expanding to firing mode. With a click the guns locked in position on my shoulders, the motors spinning up momentarily to test the mechanism. I could see in Guardian's camera the looks of shock on the pony's faces as my weapons deployed.

"Fluttershy, these things are made of wood, right?" I asked

"Yes" she confirmed

"Perfect" I switched the mass fabricator on

"Fabricate tracer ammunition " I commanded

Fabricating 5.56 X 45 mm XM780 tracer ammunition

Updating HUD
With that, my helmet unfolded and reformed around my head, where I was greeted with the green and red heads up display showing everything I needed to know.
"G, go with them" I ordered

"Affirmative"

Fire control system online

Targeting systems online

Slaving armaments to helmet

All combat systems activated and ready

"Get ready" I said my voice now more like Guardians due to the helmet's voice modulator
As I looked out over the gathering horde of timberwolves, all I could think about was how many times Sword Dancer and I had been in situations like this: outnumbered, against impossible odds. A small smile crept across my face as I recalled my old partner and our exploits.

"NOW!" I shouted "Get to the Castle"
I heard the sound of retreating hooves and whiring blades, signaling that they were on the run to the castle. I took my stance.
I spun up the guns as the timberwolves charged me, and a second later the guns roared to life. A wall of flaming lead was raking the pack of wolves, lighting some on fire and generally causing havok. But they kept coming.

"Maximum fire rate" I commanded
The guns spun even faster, breathing fire and lead at a stagering rate. It was times like this I was glad I had that mass fabricator because I would have exhuasted any ammo I would have carried.
The wolves were determined, I'd give them that. I drew my sheild in front of me and drew my axe ready to finish off the lucky few who survived my 12-barrel barrage. At this point only a handful were left, but I had a problem: with the combination of increased fire rate and incendiary rounds, I was overheating the guns and needed to let them cool before the barrels melted. I compromised, deciding I could sacrifice one gun and stopped my left one, letting the right one Keep up its hail of bullets. That's when one of them did something unexpected: it jumped at the gun and severed the connection arm dropping the gun in a melting pile on the ground behind me.
I was stunned that it acted so intellegently, then I realized that the other gun was vulnerable, so I quickly retracted it and switched to my axe and sheild. I was surrounded by six timberwolves. I could see all of the wolves in my helmet, so I waited for them to make the first move.
The one directly behind me moved first. I sidestepped and smashed its head with the flat hammer-head of my axe. Dead.
The next to attack was to my left and he met his end when he rammed head first into my sheild.
The remaining four attack at once, all colliding with each other and crumbling into a heap where I had been.
As I surveyed the wreakage,I noticed some movement. Ssome of the parts were moving to a single pile where they were reforming into a giant Timberwolf.

"OH COME ON! What is this Voltron crap" I exclaimed in disbelief
The new super timberwolf looked at me in anger and charged. I dove out of the way and quickly fired back with my minigun, the rounds just impacting instead of igniting.

"Great, now it's too thick for the tracers to work" I observed "new plan"
Then I remembered how easy it was to break them apart. Maybe I could blow it apart from the inside with a demolition charge. I decided to go for it.
I waited for it to charge again, and jumped on its head driving my axe into it for a hand hold. As the beast flailed in an attempt to shake me off, I primed the charge and waited for the perfect moment to throw it into the creature's mouth. when the chance came, I took it and chucked the bomb straight down its throat. I quickly jumped off the creature and readied the detonator.
I turned back to the angry wolf and pressed the button starting the timer. That's when an idea hit me and I couldn't resist

"Bad dog" I said calmly as the timer expired
With a thunderous explosion, the charge blew the creature into shrapnel which bounced harmlessly off my armor.
I stood for a second, catching my breath, then I radioed Guardian

"G, do you read me"

"Affirmative, Captain"

"Give me a sit-rep"

"The elements are gone" he said "as is Ms. Sparkle"

"Where are they?"

"Transmitting location now. Be careful Captain, that signal is with her"
I started running to the location

"C'mon G, aren't I always?" I said sarcastically

"No" Guardian replied

"Hold position until I say otherwise, keep those ponies safe"

"Affirmative"