• Published 27th Jan 2013
  • 1,373 Views, 14 Comments

Archangel's Adventure - SabreXio



Super soldiers and colorful ponies. what could possibly go wrong?

  • ...
16
 14
 1,373

Awakening the Warrior

"Captain, I have detected something," said a familiar computerized voice.

"Uhg, what is it now Guardian, I'm busy," I responded with some annoyance. I was right in the middle of running some diagnostics on my body, which was currently in suspended animation. (Oh and if you were wondering, my consciousness was wandering through my base's computer systems)

"I just thought you may want to know that six new entities have entered the main chamber," he reported,"and they appear to be of equine descent."

"Whoa whoa whoa, hold up," I said,"equine descent as in horses?"

"Affirmative sir"

"Activate the security feeds, this I got to see," I commanded.

As I linked my consciousness into the security system I could clearly see exactly what Guardian was talking about: on the screen I could see six quadruped creatures that definitly bore a resemblance to horses, more like ponies, but something was very weird.

One was bright orange with a braided blonde main and tail with huge green eyes. It also had three red apples on its hind shoulder and was wearing a wide brimmed hat.

Another, who was not walking but bouncing around like a hyper six-year-old, was almost entirely pink with a mane and tail that looked like they were made of cotton candy with huge blue eyes as well as three baloons in the same place as the first creature's apples.

A third was.. wait, what the?...that one just started flying. It was light blue with a spectrum color mane and tail, dark violet-ish eyes, again, it had a tricolor lightning bolt on its side and freakin' bird wings? What was that called again? Flying horse...flying horse. Oh right its a Pegasus.

The fourth one that I saw was pristine white with a curled, bright purple mane and tail and, again, huge amythest eyes and three gems on its flank. Wait a minute, is that a horn? Wow, a unicorn. That's a new one.

The fifth was another Pegasus but was soft yellow, had a pink mane and tail, had huge blue eyes and three butterflies on its side, as well as a look of absolute terror on its face.

The last one was light purple with a dark purple mane and tail with a hot pink and purple streak, giant purple eyes, and a set of stars on its flank. And what's this? Oh, that one is a unicorn as well.

"Activate audio, they appear to be talking," I ordered Guardian

"Ok, he's not here lets go," whispered the yellow Pegasus, clearly scared to death.

"No Fluttershy, we need to find the warrior, he's the only one who can help us defeat Nightmare Moon," replied the purple unicorn.

"Come on Twilight, we're wasting time here, we can take her on," retorted the blue pegesus while shadow boxing in the air.

"Ah gotta agree with Rainbow Dash here, Twilight, we need ta get a move on if we're gonna get those Elements ah Harmony before Nightmare Moon", said the orange pony in a country accent.

"Look, a button, I bet it opens a door to an amazing party," rattled the pink pony at super speed.

"NO PINKIE! Don't touch anything, we don't know what any of this stuff even is, let alone what it does," commanded the unicorn called Twilight.

"All I know is that it is dreadfully filthy in here and its destroying my mane," huffed the white unicorn.

"EVERYPONY BE QUIET!," yelled Twilight, "look, the book clearly says that the Elements of Harmony are powerful but this warrior will be invaluable in our quest to find them and save Equestria from eternal night."

Where the hell did that book come from? Wait did they say they were looking for a warrior to help on a quest to save a place from evil?

"Guardian, lock down the entrance and activate the revival protocols, this is what I was placed here to do," I ordered

"As you wish, Captain," responded Guardian.

Then I heard the blast door slam closed and Guardian's voice come over the speakers.

"Initiating Project Archangel Revival Procedure"

With that I immediatly returned my conscousness to my body and awaited the awakening of my systems. I could still here the ponies but now they were completely freaked out by the sudden activity and the only sentence I could clearly hear was one of them yelling "PINKIE! WHAT DID YOU DO!?"

"Entering main chamber for system reactivation." With a jolt, my body began to raise through a hole in the floor of the main chamber where it would then undergo the process of disconnecting my systems from the base.

"Archangel System reactivation underway, reinitializing power system." With that, my built-in power cell fired up with a soft hum.

"Activating Life Support Systems, disconnecting external life support." This caused my body to lurch a bit as the large cable that supplied my inactive body with nutrients disconnected and retracted while my internal system took over.

"Reviving Biological components and realigning conscousness with mobile unit." A slight bolt of pain rocketed through me as Guardian broke my body out of its comatose state and bound my mind back to my brain.

"Activating sensor banks." All of a sudden all my senses came back online at once, I could now clearly see the ponies cowering against the door.

"Running diagnostics on cybernetics." A surge of power flowed into my arms and legs jolting the mechanisms to life.

"Finalizing reactivation." This caused the remaining wires and cables to disconnect with pops and snaps, and then to retract into the pair of supporting arms on both sides.

"Removing supporting structure." Then the pair of arms supporting me retracted into the floor leaving me standing in front of the six terrified ponies.

"Revival complete, welcome back Captain Archangel"