• Published 22nd Jan 2013
  • 9,712 Views, 68 Comments

Chrysalis' Revenge - ladyanaconda



Chrysalis is out for revenge, and for that purpose she must gather pieces of an ancient artifact to bring Sombra back from the dead. Can the Elements of Harmony save the day?

  • ...
10
 68
 9,712

Return to Ponyville

Ever since Chrysalis took control of Equestria, Ponyville had been quite... empty. Mayor Mare declared an estate of emergency, and a curfew was put on town. Most of the ponies living there went into hiding, and rarely walked out of their homes, in fear of being replaced by a Changeling. In fact, as soon as word came to them that Chrysalis had defeated the Princesses, the ponies stocked up their cupboards with food and closed their doors and windows shut. The Apple Family put the animals in the barn, then ran into their homes. Mr and Mrs Cupcake closed Sugar Cube Corner as long as Chrysalis' rule would last, and Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo were picked up by their parents and taken back to their homes.

The Ponyville Train Station was the only open place in the entire town, since there were still a few ponies who visited Ponyville. Also, there were things that were brought into town such as orders from Sugarcube Corner or the mail, but since the curfew started they only left the bags of mail and supplies, then left, not wanting to encounter Changelings.


When the group walked out of the train, most of them had a headache. Seriously, they knew Fukkuteru had never boarded a train in his entire life, but they didn't expect him to scream obscenities in Krussian the entire way, when he didn't quake with fear.

The Kuros zipped off the train in a blur of black and purple when the locomotive finally squealed to a halt, and it wasn't until the other stepped off the engine that they re-discovered their friends on the station.

"Sorry for that," Fukkuteru apologized, wiping sweat off his forehead, "But we have no trains where I come from, not to mention that I'm quite... claustrophobic."

"Wait a second, if you're claustrophobic how is it possible you walked into that temple with no problem at all?" Applejack inquired while raising an eyebrow in confusion

"Well, Stormfly said that the best way to overcome it was to face it, and I did." Fukkuteru shivered, "But at least that temple didn't make those awful sounds and screeches!"

"Ow, my head..." the Changeling moaned as he rubbed his temples with his hoof. Applejack and Cadence had removed the thorn from his leg and bandaged it, but he still limped wherever he walked, so he opted to fly, "Well, could we go to the library at once? My leg is killing me!"

"I can't wait to go back to the library after so much time has passed!" Pinkie hopped unto Fukkuteru's head, and looked down to meet him in the eyes, "You're going to like it! It's all cozy and comfy and pretty in there! Well, we would have to make the door bigger for you to fit!"

Cadence and Fluttershy were surprised to see that Fukkuteru acted rather... nervous around Pinkie Pie, as if she freaked him out or something. In fact, purple magic started emanating from the Kuros's horns and he gently lifted Pinkie off his head and placed her back on the ground.

"Just tell me which way to go," Fukkuteru spoke nervously.

The group started walking towards the library, noticing that everypony in town would barely peek through their curtains to see who was passing by, but quickly went back into hiding after five seconds. However, the library seemed to be intact, even after all of that time. But the group realized the lights were on. There was somepony inside.

"Oh, a party!" Pinkie cried out, excited, "I can't believe they made us a party! I bet there will be lots of balloons and gifts and cupcakes!"

Fukkuteru groaned, "Again with those cupcake things?"

"Wait a second," Discord muttered under his breath, "Let me go in first, it may be Changelings," he gave Stormfly a small glance, "No offense."

"None taken."

Advancing slowly, the draconequus made his way towards the door, and as it creaked opened, he saw that the lights were, indeed, lit, but there was nopony seen. But before he could even enter, something hit his head hard and he fell to the ground with a loud thud, rubbing his head. When he looked up, he saw the blur of a rainbow mane.

"Discord?!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed in shock, dropping the frying pan she had just used to strike the draconequus, "What are you doing here?!"

"Rainbow Dash?" the others, waiting outside, shouted simultaneously as they ran into the library, "How did you get here!" questioned Shining Armor

"It's a long story," the pegasus sighed, but her mood lightened when she saw that Fluttershy and Cadence were back, "You found Cadence and Fluttershy! That's wonderful!"

"That doesn't answer our question, what happened back at the desert?" Fukkuteru inquired, peeking his head from outside, "We thought you, Screwball and Spike had been swallowed by the temple when it collapsed!"

"Screwball and Spike? They're okay," Rainbow Dash explained, "But since they were exhausted when we got here, I told them to go to sleep. After that, I've been looking out for the library while thinking what to do."

"SCREWBALL IS ALIVE?!" Discord flew up in shock and joy, "Where is she?! I want to see her!"

"Didn't you just hear? She's asleep!"

"Excuse me," Fluttershy lifted her hoof, "I don't want to interrupt, but I would like to eat something. I haven't eaten eaten almost anything, and the train food didn't exactly fill my belly."

"Well, I think there's something in the fridge," Rainbow sighed, "Stormfly, by the way, Screwball found a baby Changeling on the temple, and she thinks it's your daughter."

Stormfly's heart almost stopped, "W-What?"

"She is up there with Screwball," the pegasus crossed her hooves, "Seriously, you should teach that daughter of yours some manners! She nearly bit off my hoof when I tried to pet her!"

"Sorry for that, it's just that hatchlings only want their parents to touch them, I'm surprised Screwball got to touch her at all. But I have to be sure that hatchling it's my Mist Wing, mind if I go to see her?"

"Just try not to wake her up, we had a hard time to get her to sleep."

As he Changeling flew up the stairs and Fluttershy headed for the kitchen, Fukkuteru finally asked the pink alicorn, "Hey, Cadence, before I forget, when Chrysalis's minions took you to the pyramid, did they say something about Rarity or Twilight's whereabouts?"

Cadence thought for a moment, "Well, they did mention that Rarity was taken to an ancient city in the mountains, but I think you need a map to get there."

"Great, does that mean we'll have to search all night in these books?" Rainbow Dash groaned in frustration.


The door creaked as Stormfly entered the room where Rainbow Dash had told him his daughter was sleeping. Apparently, it was Discord and Twilight's baby's room. The walls were a light yellow, decorated with flowers and animal drawings (courtesy of Fluttershy), with a purple crib on the middle of the room, and a few toys every there and there. He noticed the crib was already occupied by somepony...

A Changeling infant was nibbling on one of the bars.

Stormfly carefully approached the crib, gulping nervously. What if that hatchling was not his Mist Wing? Changeling infants were hostile towards those who did not carry their parents' scent, and he was not sure if this was his hatchling. When he was a few hoofsteps from the crib, the hatchling infant paused in the nibbling and set her gray eyes on the older Changeling.

She started giggling and fluttered her tiny wings, holding her hooves out to the older Changeling.

That's when he was certain of it.

"MIST WING!"

The changeling scooped the infant in his hooves and held her close to him tightly, tears of joy starting to roll down his cheeks. He felt as his hatchling nuzzled against his chest, happy to see her father after all this time.

Ane he would never leave her again.

He would be certain of that.


The next few hours were a complete headache for Rainbow Dash. They had been searching in Twilight's books for any map or clue to the ancient city's location, since Fukkuteru unfortunately was not familiar with it for he had never left Saddle Arabia until recently. Fluttershy had made something to eat for everypony, but Shining and Discord spent all of their time searching in the books. After throwing a copy of Geography of Equestria aside, Discord allowed his body to fall on the coach, a groan of frustration escaping his lips.

"I give up!" he groaned, "I don't know where Twilight put that damn book about archaeologic places in Equestria!"

"You mean this one?" Fukkuteru let out a yawn, using his magic to levitate a thick book with green cover, "I was trying to sleep when I noticed I had lied on top of it."

DIscord rolled his eyes and took the book from the Kuros, before giving it a look, "Here it is! It is located in the middle of a mountain range north of here, just before reaching the Frozen North."

Shining walked closer to the draconequus, "But it would be foolish to depart at this time of the night. We should rest, and we'll leave in the morning to rescue Rarity."

Fukkuteru sighed, "Alright, I guess she can hang in there one more night, can't she?"

or not...?