• Published 22nd Jan 2013
  • 9,718 Views, 68 Comments

Chrysalis' Revenge - ladyanaconda



Chrysalis is out for revenge, and for that purpose she must gather pieces of an ancient artifact to bring Sombra back from the dead. Can the Elements of Harmony save the day?

  • ...
10
 68
 9,718

Reunion

Discord was pacing around Fukkuteru, waiting for the Kuros to wake up, but apparently it would take a while before the black dragon woke up on his own, so he decided to sped up the process. Snapping his fingers, Discord made a bucket of chocolate milk appear floating in the air, took it in both his hands and splashed its content all over the Kuros. Fukkuteru almost instantly stood up, shaking the liquid off himself.

"What the-?!" he snapped in shock, before looking down to see a drop of chocolate milk rolling down his leg, "What is this?! I thought what was used to wake unconscious ponies up was water."

"It is," Discord muttered, "But I wanted to see your face in chocolate milk."

The Kuros looked confused, "What's chocolate milk?"

Discord's eyes snapped open in shock, "What?! Are you serious? Have you never tasted chocolate milk?"

"Not really. Where I come from, we do not even have milk."

"Explains your attitude."

Fukkuteru was offended by the last remark, "Excuse me?"

"You abandoned my daughter in the temple!"

"Wait a second!" Fukkuteru hissed, "Like I told you before, there was nothing I could do! I didn't even realize she had separated from us! Besides, if somepony hadn't stepped on the switch, we would have been able to look for her!"

"Oh, so now it is my fault?!"

Fukkuteru crossed his arms, "Technically, yes."

Discord clenched his fists at the Kuros calm behavior; did he even feel any remorse for Screwball's death at all? Or did he not even care at all?

"Come on, Discord," Fukkuteru finally said after a while, "Look, I'm sorry I wasn't able to look after Screwball, but now's not the time to out the blame on somepony. Now we need to find the rest of your friends, and to defeat the ponies who caused this. But to do that we need to be calm and able to think clearly. You can yell at me once all of this is over."

Although still upset, Discord understood what he meant, and gave the Kuros a short nod, "Fine."

"Good," the Kuros wasn't able to contain himself any longer and licked one of the drops of chocolate milk from his wing, "Hey, this is really good! Mind if you gave me some more once all of this is over too?"

Discord couldn't help but roll his eyes at the black dragon, but felt rather amused when the black dragon started to lick whatever drops of chocolate milk were left on his body. After a while, the draconequus looked at the pyramid, wondering what was going on in there.


Stormfly yelped in pain as he was thrown against the wall by the timber-pony, but managed to get back on his hooves and throw another beam of green magic at it, just to have it deflect the beam and send it shooting at another direction. Pinkie Pie was surprisingly calm about the whole ordeal; in fact, she was avoiding magic beams from the timber-pony as if they were playing dodgeball, further annoying the timber-pony. Applejack was dong a similar thing with a rope; she was attempting to make the timber-pony trip to gain some time, but it was not working.

Cadence was tending to an unconscious Fluttershy; the pegasus had fainted on the spot after first seeing the monster whose mind was set on killing the intruders and claim its gift. Shining Armor spent every bit of strength he had to keep it away from his wife, but the timber-pony was gaining ground, and the unicorn was running low on magic. Stormfly helped as best as he could, but due to his small size there was little he could do against the much-larger beast. How he wished he could use his magic to turn into a larger creature.

"This is useless!" Stormfly cried in pain after being thrown against the wall for about the tenth time, "He's too powerful! At this rate, we'll be dead before we can even lay a hoof on him!"

"I'm afraid he's right, Shining," Cadence agreed with the Changeling, growing worried for her friends' condition, "What we need to do is escape and trap him in here!"

"And how are we supposed to do that?" The unicorn replied, firing yet another beam at the timber-pony, "I can't repel the force-field around you while keeping the thing away at the same time! I need to concentrate on he field," Shining twirled his head to look at the Changeling, "You, Applejack and Pinkie will have to keep him busy!"

Stormfly nodded rapidly, "Got it!"

"Hurry up, would you? This guy is tough!" Applejack groaned as she flung her rope at the timber-pony's legs, but it was crushed for the third time.

The timber-pony failed to strike Pinkie Pie again, and in frustration, it's tail whipped struck the wall instead, almost striking Stormfly. At least Pinkie Pie was having no trouble keeping him busy at all. After a while, Stormfly decided to leap into action and, flying to the opposite wall, called out at the beast, "Hey, you pathetic excuse for a god! I'm over here!"

The timber-pony snarled and lunged at Stormfly, but crashed against the wall when the Changeling quickly dodged his fangs; Shining Armor was almost done with the force field, which was starting to fade away. Fluttershy was already regaining consciousness, but Cadence was worried that she might faint again upon seeing what was going on outside their prison. Finally, the force-field gave away and completely disappeared, freeing Cadence and Fluttershy.

But it was still not the time for reunions. Stormfly clenched his teeth in pain as one of the timber-pony's spines pierced deep into his exoskeleton, something which he had thought was not possible by normal standards. His right hind leg was bleeding, and every muscle in his leg was aching. Cadence was very worried for the Changeling, but couldn't do anything as Shining Armor gently shoved her and Fluttershy towards the entrance of the pyramid. With great effort, Stormfly flapped started flapping his wings and flew towards the entrance, followed by the still playful Pinkie Pie, and Applejack.

"Hurry!" Shining shouted as he fired a beam at the tunnel, "We're almost there!"

Pinkie Pie shoved the injured Changeling into her back and ran as all of the tunnel behind them started to collapse, and the timber-pony, despite its attempt to pass through the falling rocks, failed to do so, and soon he was crushed by the giant stone blocks. Cadence was starting to slow down, fearing that all of the effort would somehow hurt her unborn foal. Shining Armor used his magic to lift his wife off the ground and carried her all the way out, avoiding the falling debris. Finally, the group jumped out of the pyramid and unto the sand outside, with the sun glaring down on them. Cadence softly landed on the sand, Stormfly landed on his injured leg and let out a snarl of pain. Fluttershy and Applejack landed on the sand, but the timid pegasus was breathing heavily.

"Is everypony alright?" Pinkie Pie asked the others like nothing, a grin on her face.

"Owowowow...." Stormfly limped towards Cadence to check on her, "Cadence, are you alright?"

"I think so..." the pink alicorn replied softly, looking down at her belly, "I think the foal is alright too."

"CADENCE!"

Instantly, Shining Armor was at his wife's side, and embraced her tightly, and was hugged back. Then they kissed various times.

"Shining! You came for me!" said Cadence joyfully, burying her face into the unicorn's neck.

"Of course I came for you! I love you, and I would never let anything happen to you!"

"Guys," Stormfly groaned, "I hate to interrupt, but my leg is bleeding! And not only that, we don't have the second artifact!"

"Artifact?" Pinkie Pie tilted her head, "You mean a big, round golden ring with pretty pony carvings on the sides?"

The other ponies gave her an incredulous look.

"H-How do you know that?" Applejack asked slowly.

Pinkie smiled, "Well, the big, bad pony who just attacked us had a pretty ring around its tail and I took it because I thought it would be a pretty souvenir for Twilight when we found her," saying this, Pinkie held out a golden ring, large enough to fit into the scepter, with carvings of ponies on the sides.

Fluttershy spoke, "Excuse me, everypony, but what are you talking about?"

"A long... story..." Stormfly replied through clenched teeth.

Shining Armor softly took the ring from Pinkie Pie's hoof and accommodated on the scepter's end; a golden light blinded the present ponies, and when their eyes adjusted to the light, they saw the ring and the pole had fused. Now there was only one relic left.

"Hey, everypony!" DIscord's voice called out for them, "I need some help with the Kuros here!"

The group walked (limped, in Stormfly's case) to where Discord and Fukkuteru had waited for them. When Fluttershy set her eyes on the black dragon for the first time, she nearly fainted, until she noticed he was resting on the ground, a rather dumb expression on his face, as if he was drunk.

"Cadence! Fluttershy!" Discord spoke when he noted the two newcomers, "So here you were all the time! Well, this is Fukkuteru, but I'm afraid he's quite... indisposed right now. He over drank my chocolate milk."

Applejack sighed in frustration, "What do we do now? Walk all the way back to the station?"

"I guess we don't have that much choice, unless we wait here until Fukkuteru regains his consciousness."

"Isn't Twilight Sparkle with you?" Cadence asked hopefully, looking around for the lavender unicorn.

Discord looked down in sadness, "I'm afraid not."

Fluttershy, meanwhile, had walked to the black dragon's side and was timidly examining him. It was the first time she ever saw a real, living Kuros so close, but she never thought they would be so large. Besides, perhaps where he came from, there were lots of animals she had never heard about.

She would need to have some time with him when he woke up.