• Published 27th Jan 2013
  • 19,647 Views, 108 Comments

Hold Me, AJ - Stratocaster



Applejack admits her feelings for Twilight

  • ...
20
 108
 19,647

Here Come The Brides

Chapter 7: Here Come The Brides

"No, no, NO!" scorned Rarity. "Do you idiots know anything about wedding floral arrangements? The roses go in the back and the daisies are up front! Must I do everything myself?!"

Rarity had been spending the entire afternoon ordering ponies around, turning the largest balcony in Canterlot Castle into a wedding altar. The big day had come; the Apple/Sparkle wedding was set to go off without a hitch. As Rarity solded a wedding planner for setting the silverware in the wrong order, Twilight went over to calm her friend down.

"Rarity, don't you think you're being a little over dramatic about setting everything up?" the bride spoke.

"Oh come now, Twilight," replied Rarity. "I'm not going to have the wedding between two of my best friends go without every last detailed checked. Everything needs to be perfect for you and Applejack."

Twilight just rolled her eyes and smiled. "I'm flattered that you want it to be flawless, Rarity. But it is my wedding after all. It's already perfect."

"Oh dear, oh gosh, oh my goodness!"

"Fluttershy?" Twilight turned to the side to see her gentle friend staring at a mirror. "Are you alright?"

Fluttershy fussed with adjusting her green bride's maid dress and straightening her pink mane. "Oh, I hope I don't mess anything up. What if my dress gets a stain? What if I say the wrong thing?!"

Twilight walked over to her. "Don't worry, Fluttershy. I totally trust you as my maid of honor."

"Are you sure? Wouldn't you rather have Pinkie?"

The two then looked over at their hyper pink friend who was leering at the humungous cake being frosted by the chefs. Her tongue was hanging down with temptation. "Ooh, come on! Can't you frost any faster?!" she urged the caterers.

"I'm pretty sure." Twilight answered Fluttershy.

That's when one of the royal guard entered with an announcement. "The Princesses have arrived! Also, to the owner of a yellow carriage with a Vanhoover liscense plate, you're double parked."

As expected, the sun princess herself entered the makeshift wedding chapel in all her glory, with Luna and Cadence by her side. She greeted her faithful student with a warm grin.

"Princess Celestia, you're early." Twilight smiled.

"Well, of course." Celestia replied. "I wouldn't miss my star pupil's wedding for anything."

"Tis a tremendous occasion!" said Luna with her usual gusto. "The union between two of the Elements of Harmony is truly one to be celebrated."

"You better not embarrass me again like at my wedding, Auntie Luna." Cadence glowered.

"Hush, child," replied Luna. "We promise to contain ourselves this time. Besides, that usher was asking for it."

"Luna, please." Celestia rolled her eyes then turned back at her apprentice. "I'll be ready to lead the ceremony. You and Applejack will be so happy."

"I must say, Princess," said Twilight. "You seemed pretty calm about us being together."

"To be honest, I kind of saw it coming." She smirked. "It only makes sense that two of the Elements of Harmony could have that kind of affection for each other. And I can definitely see you two having many great years together."

Then, Cadence joined in to speak to the foal she once sat for. "You've certainly come a long way from asking to be pushed on the swing."

Twilight blushed. "So uh, any tips from a former bride?"

Cadence simply grabbed her in a gentle hug. "All you have to do is keep staring in his eyes the whole time."

"...You mean her eyes?"

That's when Cadence blushed as well. "Oh, right, heh heh, sorry." She then shared a laugh with her favorite filly.

A while later, after hearing more ranting from Rarity about the quality of the fruit crepes, Twilight found herself in her changing room. Her mother, Twilight Velvet, stood by her at the mirror helping with her dress.

"Hold still, dear," said Twilight Velvet. "I still have to get this last strap on."

"Mom, you know I'm not that comfortable with big dresses." The younger Twilight replied.

"I know, sweetie, but this is your big day. You should be proud; I know I am."

Twilight turned to hug her mother. "So am I."

"Um, Twilight?" came a male voice from outside. "Are you decent?"

"Yes, come on in, big bro."

Sure enough, Shining Armor entered flabergasted to see his own little sister in a wedding dress. "I can't believe it's actually happening, Twily." He smiled. "I'm so proud of you."

"Aw, you're not going to cry during the ceremony, are you?" joked Twilight.

"Come on, I'm your big strong brother. I can take a wedding."

"Knock knock!" called another male voice.

"Daddy, you made it!"

In came Twilight's father, Night Light, who gazed upon his daughter with more surprise. "Well, I thought I'd never see the day. Sorry I'm late, kiddo."

"It's alright, Daddy." Twilight hugged him. "I can't wait to walk down that aisle with you."

"I certainly never thought you'd be up there with one of your friends." Night Light shrugged happily. "But as long as I get to see both my kids getting married."

"Night Light, you're just making her more nervous." Twilight Velvet replied.

"Right, sorry," her husband chuckled. "I'll save the embarrassing for the reception." Twilight giggled at her father.

"So, where is the lucky mare?" asked Shining Armor. "I want to wish Applejack good luck."

"Shining Armor, you know we're not supposed to see each other yet." Twilight answered. "Although I hope she's not too nervous."

In a seperate changing room on the other side of the castle, Applejack made her own preparations for her big day. Over in the side, the Cutie Mark Crusaders were getting ready for their roles as flower girls.

"I'm telling you guys," said Scootaloo. "We're totally getting our flower cutie marks this way."

"Are we even still trying anymore?" replied Babs Seed.

As the crusaders conspired, Rarity was helping Applejack into her green gala dress. Meanwhile, Rainbow Dash was grumbling to herself.

"Come on, AJ," she whined. "Why does Big Mac get to be best man?"

"Uh, maybe 'cause he's my brother?" Applejack cocked an eyebrow.

"But what about all the times we had together?"

"Rainbow, please," scolded Rarity. "You get to be a groomspony at your best friends' wedding. The least you could do is show a little enthusiasm."

Rainbow sighed. "Yeah, sorry, Applejack. I guess I'm just being jealous again."

"It's alright, Rainb- OW! Tarnation, Rarity, do ya have to squeeze so tight?"

"Oh settle down," scoffed Rarity. "Do you know how many dresses I have to fit in to make them look good?"

"Did ya have to pick my gala dress? I've obviously gained a little weight since then."

"Nonsense, dear, you look marvelous! Just need one more quick tug."

"Yeeow!" Applejack stepped away from the constricting torture to inspect Rarity's handiwork. She hadn't worn the dress since the gala and yet it seemed just right for this occasion. "Uh, thanks, Rarity. But I think I'm gonna step outside for a bit to get my breath back."

As Applejack left the changing room, she stood outside in the hall and loosened the heavily tightened dress. That's when she heard a sweet elderly voice speak to her.

"Well, I'll be darned. Ya look amazin', sugarcube."

She looked up in shock to see Granny Smith staring at her with a smile. "Granny Smith?! What are you doin' here?"

"Are ya kiddin'? I'm not gonna miss my own granddaughter gettin' hitched."

Applejack wasn't smiling just yet. "Why did ya come, Granny?"

The old mare then changed her expression to one of guilt. "Applejack, I'm terribly sorry for what I said. It was wrong of me to disown ya just like that. I guess I'm just an old foal who can't keep up with the times."

"You mean it?" Applejack smiled.

Granny Smith laid a withered hoof on her granddaughter. "Darlin', if ya want to be with Twilight forever, and if ya truly love her, then I have no right to get in yer way. I mean every word."

At last, Applejack finally found forgiveness for her grandmother. She had felt as if there was something missing in this wedding, and this was exactly it. She matched Granny Smith's smile then reached around the elderly mare to hug her.

"Thank you so much, Granny Smith." She said. "I just needed to hear you say that. I love you."

"Sugarcube," replied Granny Smith with a wink. "Save it for the bride."

...

With a gentle stroke of her bow, Octavia began the wedding march with her string ensemble. Everypony on the balcony rose and turned to watch the moment they had been waiting for. Twilight entered the aisle adorned in her billowing white dress and holding the bouquet in a magic aura; Night Light of course was at her side taking her hoof. Applejack stood at the altar brimming with anticipation, Big Macintosh, Rainbow and Rarity. The love of her life couldn't have been walking any slower toward her with the same look of excitement in her eyes. Big Mac and Rainbow gave Applejack nudges of good luck, while Rarity and Fluttershy, as the maid of honor, struggled to keep back tears. Meanwhile, Pinkie Pie, who was next to Fluttershy, kept back the urge to jump for joy as well as cake.

Finally, the bride of the hour approached the altar and stood before her beloved. Applejack lifted the white veil to reveal the beautiful purple face beneath, with a dark mane laced with flowers. After the two stared in each other's eyes for a moment, Princess Celestia began the vows.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to celebrate the union between these two ponies in holy matrimony. Will be ring bearer please present the rings?"

A brief silence followed as the audience looked around in confusion. That's when Rainbow finally urged the ring bearer.

"Spike!" she hissed.

"Oh right!" Spike approached the couple and handed them the pillow holding two rings. Twilight took the smaller one for her horn while Applejack took a larger one for her hoof.

With the rings presented, Celestia continued. "And now, the couple will exchange their vows. Twilight will go first."

"Wait, vows?" mumbled Applejack.

That's when Twilight began. "Applejack, when you first told me how much you loved me, I'll admit I was skeptical. But in fact, it took me until then for me to realize that I felt the same way about you. You were the first real friend when I moved to Ponyville and I was won over by your hospitality. You accepted me as one of your family and that is something I just can not beat. I love you deeply, Applejack, and I would gladly be a part of your family."

Applejack felt a knot tie in her chest.

"That was beautiful, Twilight." Celestia said. "And as for your vows, Applejack?"

"Right, uh, my vows." She bit her lip nervously. She had completely forgotten to write wedding vows. But there was no backing away now. Her love was waiting for her to speak and she that's just what she was going to do. Applejack was the Element of Honesty, and at that moment, she would be more honest than ever.

"Twilight, I don't know what it is about you that makes me so attracted to you. You're smart, kind, great with magic, and of course more beautiful than any other mare. I still can't place what it is about you that made me want you as a part of my family that day we met. But I know deep down, that I'll find out soon once we're together. Who knows? It could just be your magic. 'Cause you really put a spell on me."

Rainbow snickered at that last line. But it didn't matter how corny it may have been since Twilight's eyes began to water as she was overcome with affection.

"Very nice, Applejack." Celestia resumed. "Now, do you take Twilight to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I sure do!"

"And do you, Twilight Sparkle, take Applejack to be your...wife?"

"I do."

"Then by the power invested in me in the kingdom of Equestria, I now pronounce you...uh...special someponies. You may now kiss the bride!"

Shining Armor burst out in tears from the crowd as Twilight and Applejack locked lips with a roaring applause. Before running off down the aisle, Twilight tossed the bouquet in the air causing her friends to reach wildly for it. But it inevitably landed in Big Macintosh's mouth, who then gave Rainbow a knowing smile. Rainbow simply blushed and smiled back.

As the castle bells clanged loudly, the happy couple galloped outside toward their waiting carriage, with the crowd cheering behind them and throwing rice. Pinkie shouted amongst them.

"You two better hurry back to cut the cake!"

The newlyweds finally climbed in the carriage and rode off with cans rattling behind and a new life ahead of them. Twilight nuzzled her new spouse.

"I can't believe it! We finally did it!"

"That's right, darlin', it's just you and me!" grinned Applejack.

"So uh, what should we do now?"

Applejack gave her a suave look. "What do you think?"

The two then pulled the down the shades over the windows and began to kiss and snuggle tightly, christening a long and happy marriage.