• Published 30th Jan 2013
  • 1,646 Views, 38 Comments

Chaos in Session - Mclovin



When Discord is finally reformed by Fluttershy, he is asked by Princess Celestia to practice his powers for good in a chaotic universe. Otherwise known as Earth.

  • ...
4
 38
 1,646

Discord's Assignment: Prologue

Chaos in Session
by Ikemtz16

Chapter 1: Discord's Assignment

It was a lovely day in Canterlot, where the skies were clear and the city in the mountain bustled with life. Many ponies commuted within its walls. Town ponies would shop at its stores, eat at its gourmet diners, and enjoy each other's company through a nice cup of coffee. The fancy ponies could show of their style with beautiful clothes stitched together by a famous unicorn. Even Fancy Pants would flash his fashion to promote what it is like on the pony body. This capital of Equestria, is also home to its beloved Princess Celestia, the worlds powerful goddess of the sun. Her castle skyrocketed into the clouds of Canterlot, enhancing the view over all of Equestria.

But this story doesn't take place in the halls of this home, it takes place within the skies above. Under a patch of clouds, Celestia flied home on her royal carriage, over the towering buildings and beautiful sights of friendly pony life. Her pegasus guards towed her platform in the cooling wind, while she sat comfortably on it. Her multi-colored mane swayed with every stream of wind while cool refreshing air brushed passed her snout. She could smell the scent of fresh grass in the air, which was coming from the royal gardens down below her. The guards took action, and prepared to land. At the approach, royal bugles sound off as Celestia descends towards the gardens, where her young sister, Princess Luna, waits for her. Celestia smiles from a distance towards her royal sibling.

She was just returning from an important visit to Ponyville. Where she has experimented with a special task for her favorite subjects, The Elements of Harmony. As it turns out, the experiment was a success.

"Oh, thank heavens," complained a male voice beside Celestia interrupting her reminiscing. "I thought we'd never get here. Out of complete honesty princess, that was the most boring trip I could endure."

Discord, strangely enough, flew beside the chariot with the sun goddess. Complaining for hours on his way to Canterlot, about having to fly home instead of just teleporting to this great city.

"Patience is one feat in being good that you must cope with, Discord." Celestia held back her anger over the wining with a stern expression, "Don't forget I can imprison you like I did thousands of years ago."

They finally reached the ground with the chariot lightly thudding against the grass. Discord rubbed his chin with a talon under his smug expression.

"Hhmm. If I may recall Celsetia, I can just bust out of that feeble stone prison. Just shatter it like glass." Discord explains by tapping a little hammer on his head, shattering him into pieces like a fragile vase.

Celestia groans annoyed at the multi-limbed creature.

"Tia!" Luna shouted for her sister, "Tis, good to see thou again." Celestia walks out of the carriage to nuzzle her sister with a warming hug, making Discord just point a finger to his mouth pretending to gag. They pulled away from their embrace. "Has thou succeeded in reforming Discord, sister?"

"Yes." Celestia turned to Discord, "He has discovered the magic of friendship, just as I predicted." She was hoping another sarcastic remark, but all she saw was the creature blushing to himself.

"Well... don't think this can just 'change' me to a some goody-twoshoes." Discord pouted.

"Thou is not wearing any shoes." Luna tilted her head.

At that said, Discord suddenly snapped his finger and summoned a pair of clown shoes on his feet.

"I am now." He sneered.

"So thou admit you are good?" Luna smirks, along with Celestia giggling.

"What? No… maybe." Discord's blush intensified brighter upon his cheeks. Earned a hearty laugh from the royal ponies. The master of chaos surrendered his embarrassment by sighing with a glare in his eyes.

When the laughing dimmed, Celestia motions her head to the entrance of the castle.

"Come, Discord." Celestia offered. "If you are going to use your powers for good, we must get started." He did so by floating like a serpent along side Celestia, and Luna on the other side of her.

The entrance guards nodded at the princesses as they passed, but stared harshly at the drifting creature. Discord unwittingly sticks his snake like tongue out to the guards, who just kept staring at nothing with a stern and serious expression.

They walked inside the hallway leading to the throne at the end with stained glass windows alining the hallway, depicting the Elements of Harmony in various adventures. The defeat of Nightmare Moon, the defeat of King Sombra, and even... the defeat of Discord himself. Without the princesses looking, Discord looked down in guilt as he continued hovering.

After his discovery of friendship, he just felt immense guilt for messing with those ponies for his own nefarious purposes. Especially Fluttershy, who has taught him many aspects of being a friend. He knew that deep down, he wished he could turn back time and do something right of it. But at the same time, his chaotic personality got in the way of that. He is good, but not that good.

The party stopped in front of the throne and Celestia turned to Discord.

"Discord," Celestia began, "If you're going to use your powers for good, you must be trained to use them properly." She said. But Discord didn't seem to get the meaning of her words as he raised a goat's brow. Celestia turned to Luna. "Sister, if you please."

Her loving sister nodded solemnly. She then stepped up to Discord and started projecting magic from her horn. Then in a flash, a holographic image of a spherical object was casted in front of the spirit's eyes. He wasn't sure what this thing was, until he noticed patches of green surrounding large portions of blue. He immediately recognized it as the planet Earth.

"You will start, by traveling to another world, full of more chaos than any other planet," Celestia said. "Its history is distraught and its hatred grows worse everyday." Her tone was pensive.

Discord misunderstood when he rubbed his hands together.

"Oh, isn't this a treat?" The serpent creature giggled in excitement, "You train be to be good and now you completely let me off the hook."

"It is not to cause more chaos." Celestia replied with narrowed eyes, "You are to practice your powers in this world." This was her most excellent idea she could think of. Discord could try his abilities for good with a more deranged universe that has had many problems in the last several millennia.

Discord was stunned by this.

"You want me to revert this world's chaos?" He folded his arms while turning his head away in disagreement. "I will do no such thing."

Celestia knew he would say that. And for that, began plan B for this experiment.

"Discord." she asked earnestly, "It shall not be that difficult to make something of this world."

The serpent spirit peeks over his shoulder. Still unamused with what might follow.

"You will start with one simple location to practice your abilities. I have pinpointed a land that is undertaking survival through poverty, criminal injustice, and disharmony. You will begin your training here until you understand the importance of good."

Discord groaned. "Fine." he huffed. "I'll do it. But what do I get in return?" He produced a sly grin.

It had never dawned Celestia at that time. Discord was always infamous for his negotiating. Though she fears his fair play will not always be fair. At that, she started to think for a second until an idea hit her.

"Okay, Discord." Celestia spoke with her own grin. "If you won't cooperate with this task, then you will not see Fluttershy again."

His cold and twisted heart actually skipped a beat.

"You wouldn't." Discord responded in shock.

"Oh, I will." Celestia approached the spirit. "If you at least try and use your powers for good in this universe, then I will grant you your freedom. You will see Fluttershy again."

Out of every counter-negotiation Discord has experienced, he'd never expect anything like this. Fluttershy was the only pony out the Elements that ever saw him as a friend. Despite his roguish deeds to emit chaos upon everypony, only one saw through to him. He'd do anything to have this wonderful feeling again. Even if it means submitting to a risky quest.

Discord gave a long sigh.

"Well played, princess." he replied with furrowed eyes. Celestia, as well as her sister, couldn't help but smile at Discord.

"Perfect." Celestia chimed. Luna then shut off her magic, removing the projected earth from sight. "Your tasked location can start in it's local school. Hopefully you will learn about this world as you find a way to turn it around into something wonderful."

He looked at her surprised with wide eyes.

"A school? You want to put the all mighty powerful spirit of chaos in school?" He then broke out into a full blown laugh. "Oh, that is just precious." He cackled even harder by holding his gut while floating belly up in the air.

The goddesses were unamused by his reaction.

"Oh wait, let me guess." Discord ceased his cackling, "Are you going to place me in some little bitty elementary school with some kindergartners?" He then shape shifted into a little girl's outfit and began prancing around the room. "Oh look at me, I'm a simple school filly learning the ways of harmony and friendship." He mocked with a high-pitched voice.

"Ahem." He froze in place when Celestia cleared her throat to catch his attention. "If you are done Discord, may we get started?" Celestia deadpanned.

Although Discord's fun was wrecked by the very princess that imprisoned him, he stopped and reverted back to his freakish self.

"Ahem, of course princess." he humbly replied.

"Good. Now you are to travel to this planet and begin your training. Should you need any assistance, ask one of the fellow residents." She smiles. However, she was still skeptical of Discord, hoping he might refuse or pummel her esteem with more sarcasm.

Discord rolled his eyes.

"Fine." he sighs, "When do I leave?"

"Right now actually."

"Now!?" Discord exclaimed. "Surely I must prepare for such a journey." He disappeared and reappeared wearing a Hawaiian shirt, sunglasses, and fishermen's hat, and a suitcase of assorted items. "I will have to pack my lotion, my clothes, and my favorite little rubber ducky." He presents a squeaky toy duck.

For some reason, Luna actually giggled to herself with her hoof covering her mouth. Her sister must've heard because she turned to her with a serious look, making Luna stop on the dot. She turned back to Discord.

"No need for packing," she smiles, "you can summon anything you want after all."

"Oh alright." Discord mumbles as he gets rid of his stuff with a snap of his finger. Then summons a target behind him for Celestia to teleport him to this world. "Fire away." he said while wearing a blindfold and smoking a cigarette in his mouth.

She got the message already and her horn started glowing.

"Enjoy your trip, Discord." That was her last words before she blasted a beam of magic into the creature's sternum.

The energy slowly spread out towards his extremities then up his head, covering his beady red eyes. The magic entirely covered Discord making a silhouette of light and in a bright flash, Discord vanished in the light right before the princesses' eyes. When the light subsided, his constant whining has disappeared into the room and the serpent creature with different appendages, was no where to be found. The only sign of him still there, was the sparkling residue floating in the same spot he once stood.

The princess glanced at the spot and smiled for Discord's attempt to change officially. But Luna was rather nervous for the creature. Even though she has never quite met Discord, she did grow concerned for her sister's experiment.

"Will he really commit to this task, Tia?" Luna asked with concern.

Celestia just stood there trying to devise the best answer to her question. But she sighed and spoke with rueing doubt.

"I hope so sister," she sighed. "I hope so."

Author's Note:

Bam!! Another story fresh of the grill. It came to me, after watching "Keep Calm, and Flutter On" after seeing Discord actually become good. Wasn't sure he would try, but here he is now. Anyway, you know what to do: Like, favorite, comment, and follow if you're interested.

GOOD BYE!!! :P