• Published 19th Jan 2013
  • 1,894 Views, 12 Comments

Changes of a unicorn - Rarity Belle



What happens to a unicorn who is sick of everything in life, but doesn't want to give up? What if she gets the craziest of thoughts to run through her mind? All while planning something nopony expects from her. Not from Rarity at least.

  • ...
16
 12
 1,894

06 Half-breed and tea with blood

The days turned from light to dark while the unicorn found rest in the pod. She let the changes happen to her. Yet she was unaware of them happening to her. To her it seemed like a big and pleasant sleep while her body morphed. Chrysalis had perfected the plan even more and the changelings doing their things to keep the hive hidden and spied upon everpony. But then came the day, the day of no return. The time had come that Equestria would see a new set of rulers over itself.

Chrysalis had made an elite army out of a near dozen changelings just in case if the resistance was too heavy. “Some of you might not return, but those who don’t, have died for the honor of the swarm, protecting your queen and princess. The ones I choose are the best of the best, the fiercest of the fierce. The time has come for us, to rise again!” she spoke to the group while pacing back and forth in front of them. Upon the spoken words, the group erupted out in a loud buzzing for the words of the queen. “Silence!” she then shouted to each of them. Something else would happen as well.

Taken by a surprise from the words, each of them slowly did fell back into silence. “The princess has awaken from her slumber,” the queen then added almost in a whisper.

Then it was the pod which housed the mare, that slowly came down from the ceiling and stopped when it touched the ground. The flaps opened themselves and what followed was a tidal wave of slime. That was the first thing to leave. All the changelings that were present gazed patiently at what was in it and soon enough, the content of the pod revealed itself for them. Having ripped off the chord that provided the oxygen there was a deep inhale of fresh air made. Yet the thing was still covered in the shadows with slime dripping off of its body.

Chrysalis looked over the whole thing and seemed to be very pleased at the result. “Hmhmhm, welcome back my princess,” she said to the figure inside.

The figure gazed at the queen before the attention turned at the elite group. It just spoke up one word, but did so in a demanding tone. “Bow.” They didn't know what to do what resulted in them looking at each other instead of following the order. “Bow!” the figure repeated but this time in a threatening tone and soon enough, they all bowed deeply.

“My Rarity, is now truly one of us,” the queen chuckled in a dark yet pleasant manner. The figure stepped out of the shadows, only to reveal a version of Rarity that should have never seen the light of day. A version of the unicorn which never should have existed in the first place.

Her body had changed into that of a full-blood changeling, complete with holes near her hooves. But it also made her natural curves even more arousing in the queen's eyes. Her tail and mane had lost their purplish coloring and turned into a grayish white color, the same color that her eyes had. The mare took a deep breath while gently shaking off the remains of slime. She gently buzzed her weak wings. “Good, they still know their manners. Shall we begin? And I am only half, my love,” the mare spoke towards both them and the queen. She then licked her lips in a seductive way.

Chrysalis nodded just before Rarity erupted in white flames and began to take her normal form, the form of her pony self. “Oh, and already mastered our skills, I see,” the queen responded in a pleased tone. “You are right, you might be half, but you are as powerful as an elite changeling. But we shall begin. The time to harvest our seeds has come. The fruits of our labor will be sweet.”

The queen allowed her horn to cover itself in the green aura. It created a fire around herself and the unicorn who slowly got sucked into the ground. “And you will fly to Canterlot and stay hidden until needed,” said Rarity to the elites. Who then bowed on their turn and then flew away.

---

Meanwhile in the throne room of Canterlot castle, both of the princesses were talking to each other about matters that involved the pegasus city, Cloudsdale. Certain things had escalated there but there were no real reports of just what had happened. That was something that not only frustrated the two of them, it made them angry. “Luna, have you looked at these matters yet?” the mare of the day asked a little concerned. She couldn’t get any wiser out of them, but neither wanted to go there.

“I have sister, but I couldn't get any wiser out of them either,” answered Luna.

The princess of the sun thought deeply but then laid the matter to the side as she allowed her eyes to fall on a servant. Then she asked with her as usual kind and polite voice if he wanted to do something for her. “Queen Chrysalis and ambassador Rarity are coming for tea soon enough, would you please make everything ready before they come?” The servant nodded and made its way over to the kitchen in order to prepare everything.

“I must admit, ever since the treaty had been passed through, everything has become a lot more quiet involving the changeling species. I will be happy to share a cup of tea with the queen,” said Luna. She allowed her eyes to gaze through the throne room a little bit.

“You and I both, my sister,” answered Celestia with a smile on her face. The servant came back and carefully prepared everything for the upcoming tea party. “Guards, would you kindly leave, there is no need for you when we are here,” said Celestia smiling to the guards. They all nodded before bowing to the princesses and then departed from the throne room.

Without a single warning given did the green circle appear on the floor. One which slowly hoisted both the queen and the unicorn out of the floor. The flames eventually dropped themselves in order to fully reveal the two figures. Both Chrysalis and a normal looking Rarity walked up to the throne where they bowed deeply before the princess of the sun and the moon.

“Rise, the both of you, and join us please, for a cup of tea,” said Celestia just before she pointed to a table filled with tea and snacks with a feathered wing.

“We shall your highness, right after you," Rarity replied with a warm smile of her own. A smile that hid the darker intentions she carried within her mind.

Both Celestia and Luna took place behind it and were soon enough followed by Chrysalis and Rarity. Once the first cup of tea was filled did the casual talks do their turn while all four of them just enjoyed the time they had together, for probably the first time ever.

---

But the party eventually did took its darker and more revealing turns. Rarity was willing to proceed on her plan. “Your highness's, Chrysalis and myself have been thinking about a couple matters,” she said while her innocent sapphire blue eyes looked at Celestia.

“Oh, might I ask about what?” the alicorn of the day asked curious. She took a sip from her tea. Her eye calmly laid itself upon her subject while her ears twitched gently. She was curious.

The unicorn started to smirk. “This land needs new rulers, right now,” she said in a cold tone.

“What..?” was all Celestia could say before she received a sudden blast of Chrysalis' magic.

“Sister!” Luna shouted when she watched Celestia getting flown back a couple hooves. She turned herself back in order to look at the unicorn. She spoke her daring words in a tone of utter rage. “How do you dare to do this Rarity!?” The mare was ready to fight back against them.

“I didn't do anything your highness. But I do this,” the unicorn returned before she charged her horn. Both quick and with ease had she managed to blast Luna away. The amount of magic she managed to push out was unlike anything she had ever done in her life.

The blast hit Luna almost right in the face. She was knocked back to the ground as well. Though she tried to stand back on her hooves again. But Chrysalis scooted over with her wings and held the mare firmly to the ground. Hisses of an utter satisfaction ran through her as the alicorn couldn't go anywhere. “We, we trusted you! The both of you! How can you do this to us?” Luna asked with tears in her eyes.

“Hmhmhm, simple, just like this,” said Chrysalis before she looked over to Rarity. “I think it is time to reveal yourself. Reveal what you have become for the eyes of the public.”

The unicorn nodded to the queen. She made her way over to Luna who couldn't hold her tears anymore upon the words. “You see, Luna, I am the mastermind of this all. Your time has passed on. This land will be ruled by a queen,” said Rarity in a stone cold voice. Yet the hints of her lady were still ever so present before she continued. “And a princess.”

“W-What?” was the only thing the younger princess could say. Rarity smirked and erupted into a white fire that revealed her true form. The black exoskeletal mare with the grayish white mane and tail. The princess allowed her eyes to fall upon the changed mare and thus witness the true horror. “No... This is... This is treason! The highest form of treason!”

The queen would have just rolled her eyes and got a hold of Luna’s head, before smashing it into the ground, knocking her unconscious. “Not the way I would have done it, but still a way,” said Rarity when she looked over the princess and then up to Chrysalis.

---

Meanwhile in the normally so quiet town of Ponyville had Twilight, Applejack, Fluttershy, Rainbow and Pinkie all met each other at town's square. They had become rather worried about something. Rarity was nowhere to be found and nopony knew where she could have gone off to. “Where is that mare?” Twilight asked to herself, but also to the lot of them.

“If we knew that, this wasn't needed sugarcube,” the cowgirl replied down to earth.

“She is probably just sitting somewhere collecting her thoughts, I see her doing it every so often,” spoke Rainbow in her usual cocky voice. She may have had a point though.

“Yes, you see her then, but have you seen her lately on any of the spots she usually is?” the mulberry unicorn asked in return. Her violet rimmed eyes found their rest on the pegasus.

“Uhm, no,” the pegasus returned before she rubbed the back of her head. She was cornered.

“My point exactly.”

“Maybe she is on, uhm, vacation?” Fluttershy brought forth in her usual quiet toned voice.

“Not a bad idea, Shy, we all need a vacation from time to time, I just hope that wherever she is, she can party!” Pinkie replied just before she began to bounce around at the idea.

Twilight gently shook her head. She rose it up towards the skies, willing to inspect them. Though she came to a surprising result. The skies became slow but sure darker the more time progressed. Out of curiosity she asked flat out. “Hey Rainbow, is it supposed to rain today?”

The cyan pegasus looked up and her expression changed to a rather confusing one. “No, it is supposed to be sunny all week. I don’t get this. But these, aren't normal clouds of rain, this is something else, unless it's an experiment from Cloudsdale of course,” she replied to Twilight.

But the more Twilight gazed upon it, the more she noticed something odd about them. She saw how lightning was created with green bolts. The mare began to mumble loud enough for everypony to hear it. “Dark magic... More correctly, changelings,” she said with a confident tone.

“C-C-Changelings?” Fluttershy asked while she shivered in fear already.

“What do we do now sugarcube?” asked Applejack. Her attention turned to the skies as well.

Pinkie just bounced around and looked at the green flashes every once and awhile. “Oh! Pretty!”

“We have to go to Canterlot, talk to the princesses. It is our only hope on finding any form of light in this matter as a whole,” the mulberry unicorn said to them all. She turned her attention to the castle that was clearly visible in the distance. The place that hopefully held the answers.

“Wait, wasn't Rarity announced as some sort of ambassador between us and them? Maybe she's in the castle as well,” the rainbow maned pegasus said upon realizing the fact.

“A mighty fine observation, Rainbow, where are we’ll waiting on? Let’s go girls,” the blond maned cowgirl spoke. “Let’s see what we can find out there!”

“To Canterlot it is then!” said Twilight.

Rainbow and Pinkie nodded without a doubt while Applejack stood next to Twilight. Eventually gave Fluttershy in to the deeds that were needed to be done. Each of them made their way home first in order to pack needed things before meeting again on the train station. From where they would head out to Canterlot. To the castle and its princesses and hopefully, their missing friend.