• Published 21st Jan 2012
  • 834 Views, 12 Comments

The New Pony - Crystal sky



The story just comes as I type. Hope you like and give me feedback if you do!

  • ...
 12
 834

Chapter 1: Stolen!?

I walked in on an audience with Princess Celsetia and Twilight. I heard them whispering, most likely extremely serious, because I caught tidbits of words like 'stolen' and 'importance'. I tried to leave unnoticed, out of courtesy. I almost made it to the door, but, as clumsy as I am, I ran into a stack of books. They feel with a puff of dust alongside a huge THUD on the hardwood floor. Princess Celestial turned towards the noise, followed by Twilight, and they made a gasping noise simitaniously.

"Oh man I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to interrupt you!" I apologized. Twilight gave me a hard stare. I turned away. 'am I going to be fired? Sent back home? My first day, and I already blew it!' I thought to myself. I turned back, only to find that both the Princess and Twilight were smiling at me warmly. "It's alright." Twilight said, "I know you didn't mean to"

Then Princess Celestia approached. Her face was so serious and regal, I almost became terrified. But then she smiled at me. "You must be Twilight's new assistant, Crystal Sky! Pleasure to meet you." she said. Her voice was so enchanting,so inviting, I almost forgot to speak.

"P-pleasure to meet you to, Princess Celestia!" I said, starting to crouch into a bow. But she simply waved her hoof for me to stop.

"Come now, my dear, no need for that! Any friend of Twilight is a friend of mine. Unfortunately, I need to go. We'll discuss more about our...topic, Twilight. It was very nice to meet you, Crystal Sky! I will meet you again!" Celestia said, bowing her head in a goodbye.

" Goodbye Princess! Next week, perhaps?" Twilight said, opening the door for her.

"I'm afraid I have business to take care of next week. I'll send a letter for the next time we meet." Celestia said, walking out the door. Once the doors closed behind her, Twilight turned around and smiled at me. No one spoke for the longest time, it was just her, smiling away, until I nervously spoke.

"Um... Is there anything I can do, Twilight?" I said, hoping to ease the awkwardness.

Twilight's smile wavered, trying to think whether there was anything for me to do, then she got an idea.
"I do know what you can do! You can meet the other ponies in Ponyville!" She said so exuberantly, I got extremely confused. I thought that work would be like, stacking books or something, not meeting ponies. I was happy, but confused. But Twilight obviously saw my confusion, and she told me why.

You need to know every pony here because they come along once in a while so that they can check out books, and I think it would be good if we know everypony's name! Don't you agree?" she asked. I nodded my head quickly. "Yes! Of course! I completely agree!" I said, running out the door.

"I will look forward to talking to you, Crystal Sky!" Twilight shouted.

"Just call me Crystal! I shouted back.