• Published 17th Jan 2013
  • 1,632 Views, 37 Comments

The Years Of After Unity - Violet Runner



In the years of AU (After Unity); the world is finally united in peace as Princess Celestia and Luna rule over Earth, however unrest starts to brew and the world has been split into two factions.

  • ...
24
 37
 1,632

Chapter 2: The Senates Decision

The Lunar Legion, formerly the U.N. building, now serves as the North American headquarters of The New Lunar Republic. Here the Ministers, Governors and other Representatives of continents and countries a part of The New Lunar Republic, such as the Minister of Europe; Martin Novak of the former Czech Republic who convinced Switzerland to give up its neutrality and join the NLR, and the Representative of both the Equestrian and Earth Colonies; Heero Yuy of former Japan who won the independence for the Colonies from Earth, discuss and debate key issues concerning the Republic.


The flags of the countries a part of The New Lunar Republic waved in the wind alongside the flag of The New Lunar Republic, as well as the Equestrian flag and the flags of the two Colonies, as Luna’s privet limo pulled up to the steps of The Lunar Legion. She stepped out of her limo and proceeded to walk into the building where a meeting of the leaders of The New Lunar Republic has already started.


“It is clear that The Solar Empire is preparing for war. We can’t just sit here and do nothing.” A tall man in his early 30’s said standing up.

“What about the citizens of both the Equestrian and Earth Colonies, Minister Novak? Have you even thought about how this might affect them?” A man in his late 20’s argued.

“We are all aware of the Colonies wishes to remain neutral, Representative Yuy. But we can’t ignore the fact that the Solarists are arming themselves.” A woman in her late 30’s said from beside Novak.

“But what about the Colonies?” Representative Yuy argued again.

“I think we’ve heard enough out of you, Representative Yuy.” Minister Novak said angrily.

“What about me? Don’t I get a say in all this?” Luna said stepping up to the podium.

“Princess Luna! O-of course.” He said sitting down.

“Now, though I doubt my sister would want to risk destroying the peace that has stood for almost two centuries, not to mention for the first time in earths recorded history, both sides raise good points. If my sister and The Solar Empire are arming themselves for war, we can’t just sit by and do nothing. We must however, respect the Colonies wishes to remain neutral. I know my sister feels the same way. Furthermore, we must think about how this will affect them even if they don’t get involved. I’m sure many of you have family members living in either of the Colonies.” The midnight blue Alicorn said addressing everyone in the room. “If it comes to war than communication between the Earth and Equestria will be cut off and that would mean big losses for both us and The Solar Empire.”

“But if the Solarists-” Minister Novak began but was interrupted when Luna raised her hoof.

“If they do attack then we will have no choice to defend ourselves, we will not be the ones responsible for starting a war. Also, in the event that it comes to war, we will take measures to assure the effects on the Colonies are minimal. Does this decision please everyone?” Luna asked the assembled Ministers, Governors and Representatives.

After a brief moment of silence everyone in the room started to slowly clap their hands in approval of Luna’s decision.

“In that case, if there are no objections then I officially call this meeting closed.” She said as she stepped down from the podium.


“Princess Luna!” A voice called from behind her as she walked along one of the halls of the Lunar Legion.

“Representative Heero Yuy.” Luna said happily as she turned around to see him walking towards her.

“How was your trip to the Lunar Facilities?” He asked once he had caught up to her.

“It was nice. The moon here is a lot better than the one back in Equestria. So how have things been with you?” She asked as they walked down the hall.

“Good, in fact my marefriend, Agile Charge and I recently got married and we are planning on adopting a little filly.” Heero said proudly.

“How lovely, congratulations.” Luna said as they turned a corner. “So how are things in the Colonies?”

“Not good I’m afraid. The Solar Empire has increased the taxation on their energy shipments ever since we expressed our wishes to remain neutral. Not to mention that the economy has started to go down since we gained our independence.”

“I’m sorry to hear that.” She said sadly. “Speaking of the Solar Empire, as the Colonies Representative you speak for them in the Solar Empire as well, correct?”

“Yes your highness. And I’m afraid that, due to my position, I’m not at liberty to discuss anything that happens in the imperial senate that is not all ready public knowledge just as I can’t discuss what happens here with them.” Heero said.

“Of course. How is my sister anyway?” Luna asked changing the topic a bit.

“She seems to be doing fine. She doesn’t speak about you that much unless she’s talking about the Republic though.” He said a bit saddened.

“*Sigh* It has been almost 200 earth years since we last spoke face to face. Though most wouldn’t think of it by looking at her, she has been known to hold a grudge against those she feels have wronged her. And we didn’t exactly leave on good terms last time we spoke.”

“Do you really think it will come to war?” The Representative asked.

There was a short pause as Luna collected her thoughts before she answered.

"I pray that it doesn’t come to it but my sister isn’t one to just ignore something that she thinks may pose a threat to herself or to those she rules over.” Luna said finally.

Heero just nodded his head as they exited the Lunar Legion, and were bombarded by a crowd of reporters asking what they have decided to do about the Solar Empire. Luna looked around at the large crowd before clearing her throat and giving a quick speech.

“The Senate has all agreed that we will only go to war if we are attacked by the Solarists first, we will not be the ones to end the peace that has stood for nearly two centuries. Furthermore If it does come to war then we will do our best to keep the Colonies out of it.” With that Luna walked down the steps into her privet limo ignoring the questions from the reporters that followed her before driving off.


“The Senate has all agreed that we will only go to war if we are attacked by the Solarists first, we will not be the ones to end the peace that has stood for nearly two centuries.” Luna said on a TV screen.

“Earlier today the leader of the New Lunar Republic, Princess Luna, announced the Lunar Senates decision to not go to war unless attacked first.” The news correspondent said. “It is still unclear at this time what the princess intends to do if they are attacked but-” The reporter was cut off by the TV being turned off.

“Humph, not going to attack unless attacked first, eh.” A white Alicorn said staring at the blank TV screen. “Fine Luna, if it’s a war you want it’s a war you’ll get.” She said walking out onto her balcony to see hundreds of troops standing in rows listening to their drill sergeants as six blue fighter jets flew overhead. “Squadrons!” They all snapped to attention. “Move out!”

“Ave Celestia! Gloria Imperii!” They all shouted before moving out.

Author's Note:

Next time:

Solarist troops make their first attack on the New Lunar Republic military base at Lake Victoria in former Tanzania. In retaliation Princess Luna, having no choice, declares war on her sister and the Solar Empire.

Next Chapter: The Declaration Of War.