• Published 17th Jan 2013
  • 1,631 Views, 37 Comments

The Years Of After Unity - Violet Runner



In the years of AU (After Unity); the world is finally united in peace as Princess Celestia and Luna rule over Earth, however unrest starts to brew and the world has been split into two factions.

  • ...
24
 37
 1,631

Chapter 1: Lunas' Arrival

Space, a lone shuttle moved towards the earth with the moon behind it.

“This is the shuttle Titus, on final approach to earth.” The Captain said into the radio.

“Shuttle Titus we have you on our radar now and have confirmed your landing clearance, you may begin your re-entry.” A man on the other end said.

“Roger that.”

A flight attendant walked down the aisles of the shuttle towards its only passenger who was looking out the window.

“Excuse me, but we’ll be beginning re-entry soon, is there anything you wish to drink before we close the bar?” The stewardess asked.

“No thank you. I’m alright.” The passenger said looking at the stewardess and giving her a smile.

“Of course… my lady.” The stewardess said as she bowed and walked away.

The Earth is such a beautiful place, not unlike Equestria. But it’s also so very different, why can’t my sister see that.” She thought to herself as she looked back out the window at the earth.

Flames began to form beneath the shuttle as it began its re-entry into the atmosphere.


The shuttle touched down and made its way down the runway. A bridge was attached to the side of the shuttle before the doors opened and the passenger walked out and down the long hallway.

“Princess Luna!” A voice called from in front of her.

She looked up to see a man in his early 30s walking up to her.

“Governor Obama, It’s good to see you again.” Luna said as he started to walk beside her.

“It’s Minister now, and it’s good to see you as well.” The Minister of North America said politely correcting her.

“Oh, congratulations on your election, Minister Obama.” She said with a smile.

“Thank you, your highness. It’s an honor to sever you just like my great-grandfather, Barack, did back when you and your sister first came to earth.” He said as they walked through the airport.

“That’s right, he was one of the first to accept our rule and was the first to sign ‘The Declaration of Unity’, and helped bring earth into an era of peace. Of course now it seems that, that era was short lived.” The Lunar Princess said sadly.

“Now I wouldn’t say that. Sure there is some tension between the two factions but we aren’t officially at war.” Minister Obama said trying to cheer her up. It seemed to work because she put on a smile before answering.

“True. So,” She said changing the subject. “How is your great-grandfather?”

“He’s doing fine. He’s currently living in a retirement home in one of Equestrian Colonies.” He said happily.

“That’s good to hear. Well it was nice seeing you again.” She said as they walked out of the airport and saw her privet limo waiting for her.

“And you.” The minister said as the midnight blue Alicorn stepped into her limo.

The Chauffeur closed the door before getting back in the driver’s seat and driving away.


A huge crowd, made up of both humans and ponies, stood in front of the Whitehouse as President Barack Obama stood in between Celestia and Luna. T.V. crews and reporters from around the world listened patiently as the President began his speech.

“A wise man once said; “To lose an enemy is to gain a friend.” So, on behalf of the citizens of the United States of America, let me be the first to officially welcome you, Princess Celestia of the Day and Princess Luna of the Night, to earth and to thank both of you for your help in eliminating Discord, who was not just our enemy nor yours but an enemy to the freedom of every sentient being; be it Human, Pony or otherwise. I would also like to thank you on behalf of the world’s nations for using your magic to safely dispose of all the nuclear weapons in the world as well as the materials to make them. Thus allowing us to finally fulfill the S.T.A.R.T. 1. Treaty.” Barack said taking a pause before continuing. “Now without further ado, it gives me great pleasure of having the honor of be the first to sign ‘The Declaration of Unity’ and usher in a new era of peace and prosperity to the nations of the world. Thus giving this day; July 4th, a new meaning for not just America, but for every nation on earth and in Equestria.” Everyone cheered as the president dipped his quill in ink and singed his name on the bottom of the document before handing it over to the two celestial princesses who did the same. “Now, before we wrap this up, I believe both princess Celestia and Luna would like to say a few words.” He said steeping down from the podium.

The crowd cheered as Celestia stood at the podium.

“Thank you.” Celestia said as the cheering died down. “Now, I know a lot of you are worried about how this change of power will affect you, but worry not for even though my sister and I will have direct control and final say over any issues that may arise, we grant you the right to elect your own Minister who will act as your representative. We know that you have recently re-elected Barack Obama as you leader, so to make things easier on you, we shall appoint him to the position of the first Minister of America.” She said as the crowd cheered and Luna took the podium.

“Citizens of America and the other nations of earth, we are happy to see how willingly you are in accepting our rule. It warms our heart dearly to see counties, that up until recently, wouldn’t even think of communicating with one another, now have open/free trade between them and are also coming together in peace as part of the new world nation.” Luna said as the crowd cheered once more as Barack took to the podium again.

“Thank you, Celestia and Luna. I accept this new passion as Minister of America with great honor and humility. Now unless our fair princesses have anything else to add,” Barack said looking at the two royal Alicorns who shook their heads. “That now concludes this assembly, I hope for the signatures of the other world leaders to join mine on ‘The Declaration of Unity’.” He said before walking off the stage with the two Alicorns as the Secret Serves with the help of the Royal Guards held the press back and escorted Celestia and Luna back to their royal carriage and Barack back into the Whitehouse.

“Tia, I thought we agreed that we would let them elect their first Minister instead of just automatically appointing Barack. I mean what if others wished to join the campaign.” Luna said as the carriage began to pull away.

“Relax Luna; I just wanted to make it a little easier for them to accept our rule by putting somepony they already trust as a leader into power. They would not have elected him as their president more than once if they didn’t trust him right?” Celestia asked in a calm tone.

“I guess, but I just wish you had ran it by me before just making that decision.” The midnight blue Alicorn said looking out the window as they passed the sights of Washington D.C.

Author's Note:

Here it is the first chapter of my newest project. I didn't know were to stick a flash back so I decided to put it at the end in bold.