• Published 13th Jan 2013
  • 1,582 Views, 66 Comments

A mug full of Hate! - Mr Overlord666



Rainbow has had it with not getting any cider and it's affecting her friendship with the others. Will they be able to help her?

  • ...
5
 66
 1,582

Chapter 4

Night returned to the same cloud with Rainbow still there but she had some unique items. He sat next to her and asked, “What are you doing Rainbow?”

She smiled, “Oh, just about to go prank my ex-friends.”

He cringed at that thought, “Why would you do that?”

She looked at him, “While they're away at Canterlot for some stupid meeting, I’m gonna have some fun and since they won’t be back until really, really late tonight... they won’t suspect a thing.” Night looked at all the items she had. They all looked like harmless gag toys like a spray can that removes leaves when a pony touches a tree and another spray can that sprays polka dots on whatever you spray it on.

He sighed in relief, “I thought you would do something a little more... mean and dangerous.”

Rainbow’s expression softened a little, “Well, with what you told me about being put in the slammer and what not, I’ve decided to down-play. You know, teach them a lesson about messing with me but I’m not gonna hurt them.”

He raised an eyebrow, “Do you... have all this planned out or something?”

Her smile came back, “Like clockwork.”

Night shook his head, “Well, I’ll leave you to your business,” he turned to fly away, “I’ll be back tomorrow so I can see your work,” he flew off to Cloudsdale.

“Oh don’t worry,” Rainbow said to herself, “you won’t be disappointed.” The next morning came and Rainbow waited for Night to show up for the ‘fun’. He finally did and Rainbow zoomed up to him, “What took ya so long?”

He shrugged, “Sorry, I’m not as fast as you.”

She made an annoyed sigh, “Whatever... let’s get going.” He followed her all the way to the Sugar Cube Corner and watched through the window as Pinkie was going into the kitchen. She hummed a little tune as she got the ingredients together to make a cake.

She stopped to look at a box of pink sugar, “Hmm... this isn’t the normal sugar Mr. and Mrs. Cake get.”

Rainbow chuckled mischievously, “Oh yeah... just use the stuff you hyperactive loser.”

Pinkie closed her eyes and giggled, “It must be a new tasty sugar for the cake making.” She poured in the sugar and the batter started to bubble. She looked as the batter bubbled more and more until there was a boom and the whole kitchen was covered in cake batter.

Rainbow was on her back laughing really hard, “Ha ha ha ha, was that funny or what?”

Night chuckled a little, “I must admit, that was amusing.” They both quickly took off before Pinkie could see them. Rainbow led Night over to Twilight’s house. They both peered through the window and watched as Twilight just woke up and headed downstairs to read some books. She yawned and used her magic to bring down a light blue book from the shelf.

She took a sip of water, opened the book and spat up the water when she saw that there were no words in the book. “M... must be still tired from last night,” she said to herself as she used her magic to bring down another book, opened it and saw that there were no words in this book either. Twilight was in a panic when she got down twenty more books and saw that there were no words in those books either.

She screamed so loud that Spike woke up and breathed out some fire which didn’t harm the books. Twilight put a book up to Spike’s face, “Spike,” she yelled, “there are no words in any of these books!”

Spike took the book and looked at it, “Uh... Twilight... you mustn’t have gotten sleep, cause I see words in this one.” Twilight took the book and looked at it and to her surprise, there were words in the book.

She was shocked, “But... but... but there were no words in the book.” She sniffed the book and gasped, “Somepony used blank ink on my books.”

Spike scratched his head, “What’s blank ink?”

Twilight used her magic to check all the books for said ink, “Ink used to blank out a page of print of text to hide information or... as a prank.”

Rainbow and Night left with her laughing, “Man that was good.”

Night looked at her, “At least you didn’t really destroy those books.”

She shook her head, “Naw, I’m just teaching them a lesson, not hurting them.” They arrived at Rarity’s boutique, just in time to watch the show. She hummed as she walked into her workroom and then gasped in horror. All her work... all her dresses were ruined with different colored polka dots.

She checked to see if anything was salvageable but couldn’t find any. Rainbow fell on the ground, rolling around and laughing while Night kept looking into the window. Rarity was on the floor crying, “Whyyy, why, why, why, whyyyyy... of all the worst possible things to ever happen to me. This... has... to... be... the... worst... possible... thing...”

Rainbow and Night flew off with her shouting to him, “Next is Fluttershy’s place.” They got to the place and Fluttershy was taking care of the animals that stayed with her.

“Now, now everyone,” she said pouring food in bowls for the animals, “you must share.”

Rainbow snickered, “She sure is in for a surprise.”

Night looked at her in a concerned way, “What did you do?” She shushed him and pointed with her hoof to a tree with a baby bird on the ground. The baby chirped which caught Fluttershy’s attention.

She rushed over and gently picked the baby up, “Oh you poor thing... did you fall from your nest?” She flew up with the bird in her hooves and gently placed it in the nest. Fluttershy smiled, “Now you stay there until your Mommy comes home.” She started to hover down when she hit a branch and then the tree shook and all the leaves fell off.

All the animals gathered around to see how this happened while Fluttershy shook the leaves off of herself and looked to see the damage, “Oh... my...” Night waited to hear Rainbow laughing but didn’t hear anything.

He looked to see that she wasn’t there. ‘The only one left is Applejack,’ he thought. He quickly took off to Sweet Apple Acres, ‘I hope I’m wrong about what’s going to happen.’ Night got there to see Rainbow above the farm with a huge black cloud, covering the land. He rushed up to her, “Don’t you think this might be going too far?”

She shrugged, “I’m just gonna give this place some rain. Not set it on fire.”

Night panicked, “Well what if it does?”

She didn’t hear him as she went to the side and was about to kick it, “One heavy rain storm, coming up.” With one swift kick, there was a very loud boom and bolts of lightning striking the ground. Rainbow screamed in horror as the land and buildings at the farm caught on fire.

‘I can still fix this,’ Night thought as he started to surround himself with a red aura. Rainbow zoomed down, broke into the house and flew out with Apple Bloom and Granny Smith in her forelegs.

She placed them outside of the farmland, “Oh my gosh, are you guys alright?” Applejack came up and bucked her in the face, sending her into a nearby tree.

She walked up and yelled, “How could you put M’ah little sis and granny in danger!”

Rainbow cowered down, covering her face, “I’m sorry... I didn’t mean to set fire to your farm.”

Applejack thrust a hoof towards the farm, “Look at wut ya did with your anger!” She looked and saw that the entire farm was on fire. All the trees, buildings and even farm animals were burning to ashes.

She started to cry, “I didn’t mean for this to happen.”

All of her other friends surrounded her and Twilight spoke up, “Rainbow... I... I don’t know what to say.” Suddenly, time started to slow down. Ponies who were rushing to help put out the fire were slowing down to a mere halt. All the townsfolk who showed up stopped in their tracks. Then everything started to go black and disappear.

Fluttershy panicked, “Wh... wh... what’s happening Twilight?” She couldn’t answer as she tried to find out what’s going on.

Pinkie bounced over to a white door that just appeared, “Hey girls, what’s through here?” They walked over and opened the door to be blinded by a bright white light.

Author's Note:

We are getting close to the end everyone. What's gonna happen now? Who is Night? Tune in next time to see. Please read and review.