• Published 20th Jan 2012
  • 4,656 Views, 61 Comments

Enabling - Midnight Legend Press



All Pinkie Pie wants is for Twilight to love her...

  • ...
13
 61
 4,656

Tape 2 Side B ...Where No One Can See Us...

A Midnight Legends Press Production

By: Your Antagonist(VegaKS03) & Starwind Dood

Enabling

Chapter 4: ...Where No One Can See Us...

Tape 2: Side B

I screamed, as loud as I could, calling any would-be listeners, but there were none. The only pony listening was her: Pinkie Pie. I laid in my confectionery mess of a bed for a moment, just trying to make sense of it all. I just wanted to lie down for a moment, but I guess Pinkie Pie wouldn't even let me have that. Grind, grind, grind. Of course, none of Pinkie Pie's traps have ever been that simple, and a volley of balloons fell on me, each and every one of them carrying her likeness. I took a deep-breath, thinking that it just might calm me down if only a little. It didn't, and I rammed my horn into each of Pinkie's faces.

Pop, pop, pop.

"Hah!" I pulled myself off the bed of cake and felt something cling to me. I looked over and jumped, finding Pinkie Pie, grinning at me with an uncharacteristically innocent look stitched on her face. "Pinkie!" I yelled, my voice betraying my panicked state. I pried her off, suspending her in the air with my magic. She hung there limp and lifeless, causing my mind to return to this afternoon when I had... "No," I whimpered, dropping Pinkie to the floor. I backed away, trying to keep another round of tears from pouring forth. It wasn't Pinkie Pie, but a life-sized doll of her. "Pinkie Pie... PINKIE PIE!" I yelled out her name as loud as I could, just trying to vent my frustration. "I have had it with all of this! I’m covered in cake, frosting, caramel, and chocolate syrup, and I can’t even take a bath because you’ve wrecked my plumbing! How am I supposed to get clean? HOW!?” I didn't expect her to answer back. I expected more of this unnerving silence, or maybe even an inviting giggle, so I nearly jumped out of my fur when she did answer me.

“I could lick you clean, hehehe.”

Her voice echoed throughout the room, hitting me from every directions. I started crawling backwards, hitting the wall behind me. I wanted to run away from this merry-go-round of suffering Pinkie was putting me through, but I felt too trapped to so much as move. I gasped for air, feeling my heart in my chest beating away, scared for the next fright, but I was also growing angry and upset. I was also tired, so very tired. Where is she? WHERE IS SHE! My gaze darted from one corner of the room to another, trying to find the source of that voice. Grind, grind, grind.

“Hey Twilight, guess what? I wrote you a song! Wanna hear it?"

A song? "What are you going on about, Pinkie!"

"The itsy bisty Pinkie Pie is crawling all about—”

“No! Just leave me alone," I yelled back indignantly, feeling her poisonous words trying to drown me with dread. "Pinkie! Why are you doing this?”

“It’s like music to my ears when I hear you scream and shout—”

“Please... please just stop it, I thought we were friends...” I'm on my knees now, clasping my ears with my hooves.

“From the merging of our hearts we’ll share each other’s pain—“

“I’m... I’m sorry, Pinkie... I don’t know what I did, but I’m sorry...” I felt like I would breakdown and start crying again.

“Then we’ll sew our fates together with hairs from our mane.”

Why, why is she doing this? All the stress that had been building up in me: the aches, the pains, the sores, the tears, the grinding. I let it all out on the floor as I began crying my eyes out. I wished Spike was with me, if only so I could hold onto him, tightly, and he would probably reply with some sarcastic quip that would make me feel better. No, I was here alone, with Pinkie Pie. With Pinkie Pie."PINKIE!"

"Yes, Twilight! What is it! Tell me anything!"

"Stop it!" I screamed. "Stop all of this!"

"Then come and get me, Twilight!" Her voice was filled with this energy, this desire that sickened me. She wanted all of this. "Come, and jump into my hooves! Let me clean you, let me touch you, let me lick you! Twilight, I love you, Twilight!" Love, another term I never quite understood. Foreign to me, like friendship was. "These words that I've buried in my heart are everywhere and I don't know what to do anymore!" She kept going on and on, repeating the same thing, stammering on like a useless broken record. She sounded like some twisted wreck of a mare. She's lost it. That's the only explanation for her sudden shift in behaviour.

"What are you getting at, Pinkie!" I yelled back in defiance. I was so tired of playing her games, why would I want to play more? "You know what, I'm done with this, Pinkie! I'm not moving! Do you hear me!"

"Then I'll come get you, Twilight!" What? Those words of hers came out so strong, so predatory that it made me dizzy.

"You'll... what?" I asked back, cautiously.

"I want you, Twilight! So come and get me, Twilight! Or I'll get you, Twilight! One way or another we'll be together, Twilight! Hehehe, hahahaha!" Stop laughing, please. Her hoof-steps echoed throughout the treehouse, scurrying about frantically. It was painfully obvious now that she was in the ventilation system, but up till now she had been quiet. Now she was as noisy as ever. "I love you so much, I'm going to explode, Twilight! Hehehe, hahaha!"

"Shut up!" I yelled back. She didn't answer me, but I could still hear hoofsteps echoing throughout the library. She was on the move, and hunting me down. I won't come easy, Pinkie. I had to get to work, and fast. I looked around my room anxious to find something I could defend myself with, but it dawned on me that Pinkie had already been here. She had been here and she had changed everything around, twisting it into her declaration of love. My entire home has been twisted into her image.

"I'm coming for you, Twilight!"

I ran out of the room, galloping frantically down to the main hall of the library. I had come to the conclusion that something was very wrong with Pinkie Pie, and whatever it was, she was calling it love. Research could be the only chance I had to save Pinkie Pie from whatever it was making her act this way.

"Love, love, love." I ran from bookcase to bookcase, searching frantically for any books about love. And, of course, with Spike out of commission I can barely find anything! I should have expected I'd find nothing, but I kept looking anyway. Pinkie's loud hoofsteps and mad giggling kept me on edge for the slightest disturbances, but at long last I had found a book that might be able to save her, and me. It was at the top of one of the bookcases. I tried to pull at it with my magic, but it seemed to have been wedged in there. Dang it, come out! With one last hard tug, I pried the book out of the shelf, and with it, the bookcase came tumbling down on me.

My head was aching, making it so difficult to think. Pull yourself together, Twilight. You have no idea what Pinkie will do if she catches you! I shoved the bookcase aside, feeling a terrible pain in one of my shoulders. Please let nothing be broken. I hung the book over me, Love and Brain Chemistry. "Love," I began reading, "Is the result of-"

"Dopamine, serotonin, and adrenaline in your brain, Twilight!" My eyes shrunk into dots and my breathing stopped. I moved the book aside, and there stood Pinkie. "High levels of neurotransmitter dopamine stimulates the desire emotion by triggering an intense rush of pleasure. It has the same effect on the brain as taking cocaine!" I backed away, dragging myself until I hit another bookcase, shaking down numerous tomes, many of which landed right on my head.

"Stay away!" I pleaded, feeling my heart trying to tear itself out of my chest.

"And serotonin is known to cause obsessive compulsive order, making the pony think about nothing except the pony she loves." I could have died of fright, looking down and finding little Pinkie Pie's inching out of the pages of the books, one by one, chanting off facts about brain chemistry. "Who are you thinking about now, Twilight?" they all asked me at once, climbing all over me, wiggling themselves into every one of my orifices. I felt sick. "Did you know that oxytocin makes lovers feel close, Twilight. Did you, Twilight, did you?"

"AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" I screamed as loud as I could, trying to pull all the Pinkie Pie's out of my body. I scratched and bit and fought and struggled against the invasion of my body, but they were persistent. They would bite down on my tail as I tried to pull them out of my rear-end. "Get off me," I chanted. "Get off, get off, get off, get off!"

"We love you, Twilight!" Little Pinkie Pies, crawling out of every nook and corner of my library, marching to me, each with a look of hunger in their eyes. "Let's eat each other, Twilight!" I was buried under a mountain of pink fur, threatened to be entirely submerged. This isn't real, I told myself. This can't be real! Wake up, Twilight, wake up!

"NO!" I stood up, letting off a wave of magic that threw off the pink army. I looked around the room, eyes darting from corner to corner for any sign of Pinkie, but there were none. I was alone, surrounded by torn up books and broken bookshelves. "That was all a hallucination." I laughed. I felt so relieved, any my laughter was building on itself, becoming louder and louder as a few stray tears escaped to the floor. "It was all a hallucination!"

"Having fun, Twilight?" Her again!

"Pinkie Pie!" I yelled out. "I'm going to get you for all of this, Pinkie Pie!"

"That's what I want, Twilight! Come and get me, Twilight. Fly to me, Twilight!"

"Pinkie Pie!" I screamed so loud that my vision blurred for all of a moment. Grind, grind, grind. She's obsessed with me, so she'll come after me no matter what I do! That's all. Just need to wait, and plan, and wait, and prepare, and wait until I have her. Yes, that's all. Twilight, you're such a genius!

The sound of Pinkie Pie clopping all throughout my house kept me alert,and ready. I quietly slipped into the kitchen, gingerly opening the drawers and liberating any spare utensils I still had. Oh yes, these will do nicely. So nicely! I scare myself sometimes with just how ingenius I can be.

"Where are you, Twilight!" her voice echoed out of the vents, still carrying that venomous desire, but I snicker quietly to myself. "Twilight, talk to me, Twilight!" She's so much easier to deal with than I estimated, and I won't give her the attention she craves so easily. I stow the forks and spoons away in a saddlebag, and creep out of the kitchen. I needed to make preparations.

I got to work in the main room of the library, using magic to weld together anything I had snagged in my sweep of the house. Soon, I had bars. Lots and lots of bars. I began attaching them slowly but surely, forming the cage I would use to catch Pinkie Pie at long last. My only source of comfort during this delicate process was Pinkie Pie's scurrying and the crashing of rain against my home. I'll have you soon, Pinkie Pie!

The cage was done in just under an hour, and hoisted onto the ceiling. Everything is almost ready, but what else do I do? I still need some kind of an extra edge. Of course, Owlicious! With Owlicious’ ability to see in the dark, I could easily get the jump on Pinkie Pie. Such an ingenious move! But where is he? "Owlicious!" I called out. "Owlicious, where are you?"

"Looking for your birdie, Twilight?"

I should have expected Pinkie to do something about Owilicous. "Pinkie Pie, did you do anything to Owlicious?"

"Oh he's fine, Twilight. You could say he's getting his just desserts!"

"Oh, but I would just hate for something bad to happen to my pet owl. Why I would hate it so much I just might hate the pony who hurt him." I had the biggest grin on my face as I drank in the silence, sprinkled with the lightest spice of Pinkie Pie's little whimpers.

"You don't mean that," she finally cried after a moment of silence.

"Oh, but I do!"

"YOU DON'T MEAN THAT!"

I let out the slightest of giggles, the crescendo of Pinkie Pie's sobs affirming all my theories on her madness. "Where is he, Pinkie Pie," I ask in the most sickeningly sweet and sincere voice I can muster. "Just tell me where he is, Pinkie Pie."

"He's in the bathtub, Twilight." Her answer was toneless, deprived of any recognizable emotion. No matter, I'm still one step ahead of her. I've done my research, Pinkie Pie.

I galloped up the stairs and to the bathroom. Just as Pinkie Pie said, I found him buried under a tub of pudding. How original, Pinkie Pie. I extended an aura of magic into the mess and pulled out my owl. Drats, he's unconscious. I shook him a little, pushing on his lungs to force out any pudding caught inside his throat. "Owlicious! Owlicious, wake up!" I yelled. "I need you awake, now!" After a few seconds, he opened one beady little eye, staring at me like I was insane. "We're going Pinkie Pie hunting."

"Who?" I don't have time for this.

"Pinkie Pie!" I yelled.

"Who!" He struggled and broke free of my magical hold, a look of terror plastered across his tiny face as he turned and flew right into a locked window.

"Some help you are," I spat.

"Twilight." Pinkie Pie again, but her voice was so close that it made the hairs on the back of my neck stand stiff. I turned, my teeth on the verge of cracking, and she was there, standing at the doorway. She was covered in flour and sweat and looked partially singed. From the stains on the fur leading down from her swollen red eyes, it was obvious she had done a lot of crying. "I can see you, and touch you at last, Twilight. Nothing to hold me back from you, Twilight!"

"Pinkie Pie," I growled. This is it, I have to trap Pinkie Pie now!

"I win, Twilight. I've caught you, Twilight. You're my prize, Twilight! Is your owl okay, Twilight.You don't hate me, right, Twilight? Twilight?" She took a step towards me, her eyes in a half-closed stupor and her mouth hanging open. "I just want you, Twilight. Is that so much, Twilight?"

"Game's not over yet, Pinkie Pie," I giggled, drawing some unnatural confusion from Pinkie Pie. "You haven't caught me yet, Pinkie Pie."

"Twilight!" She jumped at me, a feral look of desire in her face.

I closed my eyes, and concentrated as hard as I could for the tiniest moment and, in a flash, I winked to the doorway where Pinkie Pie once stood. Pinkie Pie had missed me by a fraction of an inch, and she landed in the tub of her own concoction.

I turned around, smirking as I saw Pinkie Pie rise from the tub, her face covered in chocolaty mess. She licked her face clean and turned to me with renewed vigor. "Come join me, the pudding's all right, Twilight," she giggled.

"You'll have to catch me, Pinkie Pie." I slammed the door shut, locking it with a spell. I felt Pinkie Pie bang against it, and in turn banging against the magic of the lock linked to the walls of my mind. I didn't have much time. "I'm getting away, Pinkie Pie?"

"No!" She screamed. "We're so close, Twilight! Let's be together forever, Twilight!"

Just a little more, and I'll have her! I nearly squealed to myself in delight. My plan was working. I just needed to herd her to the main room. "Forever is too far away for you, Pinkie Pie." She gave up on trying to break the door down, so I could only assume she was back in the ventilation system. "You can't have what you can't catch, Pinkie Pie! You're losing this game, Pinkie Pie." Her hoof-steps became faster, more frantic. I began my descent down the stairs, letting my hooves fall heavily, echoing all throughout my house so Pinkie Pie could follow me. "You're losing me, Pinkie Pie!"

"Stop running away from me, Twilight!"

"But isn't this part of your game, Pinkie Pie?" I teased her. "You'll never touch me at this rate, Pinkie Pie!"

"I want you, Twilight!"

I stepped into the main room of the library, surrounded by a mess of torn books and my jerryrigged cage, hanging sweetly from the ceiling. "I'm right here, Pinkie Pie. I’m waiting for you, Pinkie Pie! I'm going to win, Pinkie Pie!" The moment was choking me, making it so hard to breathe and a strand of spit from my mouth hit the floor. "Where are you, Pinkie Pie!"

"I'm here, Twilight." Her voice seemed to come from everywhere, echoing from every vent in the room. Cheap trick, Pinkie Pie! "Are we going to be together now? Are you done running, Twilight!"

"Do I look like I'm moving, Pinkie Pie?" I teased her again, turning around and lifting my tail and mooned her. "Can you catch me now, Pinkie Pie?"

"Twilight!" Just as I had predicted, she lunged at me, and I cut the rope on my cage. It fell right on her. I have her!

"Pinkie Pie," I smiled at her, feeling my lips stretch to the corners of my face. "I've got you, Pinkie Pie! I win, Pinkie Pie!"

"You win, Twilight," she replied melancholy. "I'm your prize, Twilight. Take me, and do whatever you want with me, Twilight."

"Oh I intend to! There is so little I know about this love, but you will make just the perfect test subject. Oh it will be so much fun, slicing open your head and finally looking into that little sugar laced pony brain of yours. I'll poke and probe you from every angle, carefully measuring every little response. Oh, it will be so much fun, Pinkie Pie! So. Much. Fun."

Side B End

End of Tape 2

Please Insert Dual Playback Tape 3