• Published 20th Jan 2012
  • 4,657 Views, 61 Comments

Enabling - Midnight Legend Press



All Pinkie Pie wants is for Twilight to love her...

  • ...
13
 61
 4,657

Last Report: Single Play: Epilogue

A Midnight Legends Press Production

By: Your Antagonist(VegaKS03) & Starwind Dood

Enabling

Epilogue

Last Report: Single Play

Rainbow Dash stared through the one-way mirror, a look of horror cemented on her face. "But... what? How? Why? Aw hay. Zecora, how did you find them?" She turned to Zecora, the one who found Twilight and Pinkie Pie in their patchwork state.

“I was on my way to return Twilight’s dragon Spike, I believe that the time was at the first dawn’s light. I found the door was unlocked to her library, so I inside I ventured to that great tree. Please believe me when this I stress, the whole place was an absolute mess; but up the stairs I dared go, what had transpired in your friends room was something I doubt any pony could know. In the center of the room a sight so horrid i could cry: dearest Twilight was sewn together with Ms. Pinkie Pie.”

Rainbow Dash took a moment to try and process Zecora's limerick. She turned back to the window, trying to hold her lunch down as she stared at Twilight and Pinkie Pie behind it, holding each other with nauseating scars all around their stomach right where the thread had pierced them. "But that doesn't explain anything."

"Calm down, Dash," Rarity replied, placing a hoof on her friend's shoulder. "Zecora said she doesn't know how this happened so don't pressure her." She sighed, feeling Rainbow Dash become less tense before returning to a bench at the back of the room. She had already lost her breakfast from just glancing at her poor friend's haggard state. She didn't want to lose last night's dinner. She took a seat next to Fluttershy, who was in a fit of quiet tears.

"Doc," Applejack addressed a passing attending doctor who stopped and gave his undivided attention to the ranch-hand. “Are they gonna be... you know... all right?”

The doctor looked into Applejack’s green eyes and sighed. "It's... possible that they can get better." He brought a hoof to his chin, mumbling to himself a few words before finally addressing all of the onlookers. "It's called Shared Psychotic Disorder. To put it simply, one of your friend's insanity fueled the other, and now their stuck in their own shared delusional world."

"So why are they making kissy-face to each other!?" Rainbow Dash yelled, lacking any tact.

"I don't know, ma'am," the doctor sighed in frustration. "It's been a challenge to get close to either of them without being assaulted with magic. Being able to move them here is a miracle in itself. Perhaps we'll get some answers when they're better, but that would be if they get better."

The doors to the building were thrown open, on the other side stood Princess Celestia. She moved silently among the ponies, barely making a sound before she gazed through the one-way mirror. "My faithful student," she sighed, a single tear hitting the floor.

On the other side of the mirror, Twilight and Pinkie Pie lay together, oblivious to the world around them. Neither of them cared. All they wanted was was each other. "I love you, Twilight." Pinkie Pie whispered into Twilight's ear.

"I love you too, Pinkie Pie," Twilight whispered back, pushing back a lock of Pinkie Pie's curly mane and admiring the stitches on her head. The experiment was a complete success.