• Published 11th Jan 2013
  • 1,104 Views, 36 Comments

The last one standing. (Edited Edition) - foppp



One died doing what she loved. The next two died with the one they loved. The fourth took her own life out of insanity. And the fith died with her nation. But which is the last one standing?

  • ...
15
 36
 1,104

The first

Everypony who saw her go gained a respect for her. Even if they had never seen her before.
I would like to tell you that I threw myself against to door and begged her not to go, told her that she might get hurt.
But I didn't. I have so many things to haunt me that it hurts, but this stands out painfully clearly in my mind. I let her go, as did everypony else. We had seen her face worse. What would be different this time?
She had trained and trained for this. Swapping her afternoon naps for hard training sessions. She told us she wanted to make an impression.
I remmeber ever detail about the race. Aside from her, the weather is the thing that stands out most in my memoury. But thunder clouds and lightning didn't scare her. She mocked the storm, edging it on to do it's worst.
None of us ever thought it would. Idiots.

The race should've been cancled, the weather ponies responsible punished. The latter happened, but not the former.
Celestia knew her, and she herself complained to the court, who brought out some ancient rule book and looked up some minute law saying that if the match in question had been schedualed for more that two years and is fully booked, you cannot reschedual it.
The weather ponies said that they had had no idea of the race, and had schedualed the storm for mounths. Celestia shouted along with the rest of us at the court, but the weather ponies got of with only a small sentance.
But the race wasn't cancled, and she still left all the other peagusi in the dust, she was still the favourite for winning, and everything still went wrong.
She flew too high, and against the impossible odds-
She was struck to the wing by a lightning bolt.
Her face was one of mild surprise. I guess the pain hadn't sunk in yet. But she fell to the ground and died on impact.
She died doing what she loved.

Rainbow Dash was the first to go.

Author's Note:

I read a fan fiction a while ago where Rainbow was hit in the wing by lightning. I don't remmeber who it was by, or even if it was on this site, but if you wrote that and you're reading this, the idea's all yours, I just wanted to use it here.