• Published 8th Jan 2013
  • 704 Views, 1 Comments

Good Day for Derpy! - wayward_pony



Short Derpy Hooves story about friendship, infatuation, and caring

  • ...
6
 1
 704

Prologue

Prologue

Derpy Hooves, or Derpy for short, was a most interesting Pegasus Pony. By age 20, she'd had many jobs – Mail Mare, Delivery Service, and even Furniture Mover. She even briefly worked for the town, sprucing up town hall for a special event (much to the chagrin of her co-workers, in particular Rainbow Dash, she did more harm than good). Though she was never able to keep a job for long, she never gave up.

She was nice and she was caring. She got along well with the few ponies who knew her best. She was very clumsy, however, and not the best with her hooves. To top it off, she was wall-eyed – one eye went left, the other right. As a result she had some vision problems seeing objects afar... not the best handicap for a Pegasus to have. Much like the Pegasus Fluttershy, Derpy kept to the ground as much as she could... unlike Fluttershy, she didn't mind flying all that much, she just knew her limits. Most ponies who saw her thought she was slow because of all this, that she had never learned to fly well, and her slight lisp while explaining her situation didn't help matters.

Despite being a very sincere pony, she was a bit of an outcast because some ponies would rather judge others before getting to know them.

In spite of this, she had friends. The Mane 6 were kind to her, even Rainbow Dash, and Pinkie Pie was known to surprise her with muffins every once and a while just to see her smile. Many ponies throughout Ponyville said hi to her and encouraged her to try different things. She also had her family, a mom, dad, and Dinky. Dinky was her little sister – a tiny unicorn who adored her so much. They supported her no matter what she ended up doing. With a family and friends like that, she had every reason in the world to keep on smiling.